IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the moon to finally have and hear this, Thanks to everyone involved, brilliant album and well worth the wait. Hearing all sorts of little moments of brilliance.
Did anyone else notice the percussion in "Mumbly", especially when it's solo around 5m is really really close to the percussion in 'Schottkey 7th Path'? A bit higher but very similar.
Wonder if it came from that era. Revpok is brilliant, very Polygon Window-esque. Lots of listening to do with this album.

It's only $16. Do you work at walmart and have 14 kids to feed or something? lol Why did you get to listen to it without paying/backing the kickstarter?

You don't have to enjoy it but to steal it and then complain about the price... =/

Edit: sorry, you didn't explicitly complain about the price. But the fact that you pirated it or otherwise listened to it illegally instead of paying the small amount of $16... well.. you get it =P

He doesn't want to have bought it to listen to it because he now understands that he doesn't like it, so it worked out for everybody. Posting where it's available on youtub will be edited though.

Fair enough. I'm just very anti-pirate/music theft. You should know that by know.... =P

It's only $16. Do you work at walmart and have 14 kids to feed or something? lol Why did you get to listen to it without paying/backing the kickstarter?You don't have to enjoy it but to steal it and then complain about the price... =/

Well, some people are programmed to complain about everything they have and everything they don't have. It's never up to their standards. Always too expensive, never good enough. Too bad for them. Let's enjoy this album anyway! It's great to see so much positive feedback from the fans.

Helllll yeah bruddah. I'm super happy with this release. =)

This is why I almost didn't say anything. Everyone is quite in the blissful stage still I guess, just the buying (sorry 'donating') blind thing still is weird to me. I spend money on music every month (on a relatively strict budget, I'm a teacher and therefore not rich), but rarely if ever do I buy it without having heard but a song or two from it. But I'm generally against pirating as well, friends. After just having said that, fingry and airflow were pretty good at least. Y'all enjoy them.

It's only $16. Do you work at walmart and have 14 kids to feed or something? lol Why did you get to listen to it without paying/backing the kickstarter?

You don't have to enjoy it but to steal it and then complain about the price... =/

Edit: sorry, you didn't explicitly complain about the price. But the fact that you pirated it or otherwise listened to it illegally instead of paying the small amount of $16... well.. you get it =P

He doesn't want to have bought it to listen to it because he now understands that he doesn't like it, so it worked out for everybody. Posting where it's available on youtub will be edited though.

Fair enough. I'm just very anti-pirate/music theft. You should know that by know.... =P

It's only $16. Do you work at walmart and have 14 kids to feed or something? lol Why did you get to listen to it without paying/backing the kickstarter?You don't have to enjoy it but to steal it and then complain about the price... =/

Well, some people are programmed to complain about everything they have and everything they don't have. It's never up to their standards. Always too expensive, never good enough. Too bad for them. Let's enjoy this album anyway! It's great to see so much positive feedback from the fans.

This is why I almost didn't say anything. Everyone is quite in the blissful stage still I guess, just the buying (sorry 'donating') blind thing still is weird to me. I spend money on music every month (on a relatively strict budget, I'm a teacher and therefore not rich), but rarely if ever do I buy it without having heard but a song or two from it. But I'm generally against pirating as well, friends. After just having said that, fingry and airflow were pretty good at least. Y'all enjoy them.

It's all good, sorry if I came across a little agro.

I find we live in an age where music and media in general is simply at our fingertips (due to things like youtube, ipods, pirating etc) and we don't generally take the time to digest our media and formulate an actual response, compared to the mid 90s. The end result is that often people will (not saying you necessarily) will flip through an album in 5 minutes and make a decision as to whether they like it or not.

I think this is a bad decision. I think there is lots to digest in each and every album and if not for the ability to steal them, or flip through them with a scroll wheel, we might feel a lot different about the albums available out there.

Including the CWLP.

I only contributed to the kickstarter because at the time i wanted to be part of making sure that it stood up, was more a watmm solidarity type thing. The album sounds exactly like i was expecting it to and i'm not going to express any more than that about it.

I'm so proud of you guys! We came together in the name of awesome music! WATMM15+4EVA

I haven't listened to the album yet, but I think it's weird that it's streaming on Youtube already. Wasn't this against the agreement with RDJ/Grant? I thought we were supposed to keep it to ourselves.... ?

Bit hard to police with the number of people getting the d/l, they're not all watmmrz. Could easily get a take down issued on the youtub channel though i'd imagine. Probably to then have five more pop up in it's place.

:mcgriff: :mcgriff: :mcgriff: :mcgriff: :mcgriff: :mcgriff: :mcgriff:

*rolls up celebration fatso*

THANK YOU WATMM AND REPHLEX

I assure you, tonight I will be with all of you in paradise...

Bit hard to police with the number of people getting the d/l, they're not all watmmrz. Could easily get a take down issued on the youtub channel though i'd imagine. Probably to then have five more pop up in it's place.

Yeah, I know. I'm just a little disappointed.

RDJ dropped 101 Rainbows in the first five minutes of his set in Melbourne on 06/03/2012 at The Palace, segueing out of a Vibert track. There's fun to be had mixing that track with some big, slow hip-hop beats.

Edited by jchgf

Back in 1994 or so Richard D. James Aphex Twin recorded his Caustic Window album for Rephlex but never released it. Twenty years later a digital release is finally available and the album closes with an absurdly playful track with Mixmaster Morris and I being tricked by Richard on the phone. Have a listen to this painful moment

Scanner: The photo that probably led to this very recording too Arrghhhh!!!

10417444_10152095762776268_8878558345515

Scanner on Facebook in response to the CAT023 news... should've been the artwork.

Thanks to all involved. Got my download voucher and can't wait to listen!

Edited by peanoot3

Muttley Reconstruction with its big Phloam beats loud in the mix is strangely more satisfying than the Mumbly original, though it's nice to hear the crisp synth lines.

This is so different from Compilation, kind of a softer side of Caustic. The production also feels more mature. Dunno if they have remastered it, but it sounds great considering where the files come from.

nice surprise in that i expected the album to be almost all like the cunt and phlaps tracks, and the compilation stuff, but instead there's a nice bit of variety in there (more than on comp, imo). i even think i like this kind of stuff better than if you took 14 tracks from analord at random and made a playlist, tbh.

thanks to joyrex for dealing with all this which i'm sure was a bit annoying at times, and to rich/grant/whoever else for finally letting this out!

the rip is great, everything came out perfect on that side of it, in my opinion. fukin sweet.