IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

Just listened to 101 Rainbows (for the first time) on the beach while staring at a gigantic red moon rising on the horizon. Feet in the water, warm winds... What a magical moment. Thanks to everyone who made this possible! And thank you Richard for sharing this beauty with us.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flutey is certinaly the album fav for me. Such nice vibes

How about Fingertrips? Nice vibes and groovy.

Just listened to 101 Rainbows (for the first time) on the beach while staring at a gigantic red moon rising on the horizon. Feet in the water, warm winds... What a magical moment. Thanks to everyone who made this possible! And thank you Richard for sharing this beauty with us.

Wow nice setting for a listening session!

thanks joyrex! im not sure what this whole thing would be without you but it might all be a bit more silent and i thank you for the effort.

Guest bitroast

this is a fucking great album of good musics. nice mix of everything in here.

biiig thanks yuu to papa and richard d james and grant (and thanks to anyone else involved, ripping/mastering/handling the item etc). this is a treat*u*

Back in 1994 or so Richard D. James Aphex Twin recorded his Caustic Window album for Rephlex but never released it. Twenty years later a digital release is finally available and the album closes with an absurdly playful track with Mixmaster Morris and I being tricked by Richard on the phone. Have a listen to this painful moment

Scanner: The photo that probably led to this very recording too Arrghhhh!!!

10417444_10152095762776268_8878558345515

Scanner on Facebook in response to the CAT023 news... should've been the artwork.

Thanks to all involved. Got my download voucher and can't wait to listen!

should've been the artwork.

Why is it tagged 1996? :trashbear:

Was intended on being released then ;)

Why is it tagged 1996? :trashbear:

Possibly the same reason side D is named as side G :lol:

That's how Richard named the files - it comes from ABB4 being labeled sides "A" and "N", and CAT023 was supposed to be labeled "A-L-O-G", - sort of a series in a way.

That certainly clears things up. I was just wondering about that A and N recently... But why only name side D as G now, and the other sides as just A/B/C? And shouldn't AB5 be part of this series as well?

Yeah, that's what I was told - "a loose collection" - that's how Richard provided the names, and I was specifically asked not to change the track names/metadata (despite my urge to capitalize, etc.).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm almost positive the test pressings do indeed list the sides as A, L, O, & G etched in the runout grooves.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say was thanks to Joyrex, Richard, Grant, and the Rephlex crew for making this happen! I cannot express how happy I am to finally have heard this record. I've been waiting 17 years to hear it, and it was well worth the wait. I am still surprised that this record along with AB5 were never released; they're such fantastic records!

I have a soundtrack to this summer now. I hope that maybe we could possibly convince the Rephlex crew to do something similar with Q-Chastic, or perhaps some of the old C-90 cassettes that the SAW 85-92 tracks were pulled from. I would be more than willing to shell out another $16 each for albums of those!

Thanks again, and cheers to WATMM!

Guest Black Calx

Still haven't received my code, i take it will pop up in the email addy i used to pay on Amazon payments?

Guest jasondonervan

Still haven't received my code, i take it will pop up in the email addy i used to pay on Amazon payments?

More likely the address attached to your kickstarter account.

Yeah so if you log into band camp then find watmm records then click the redeem download code.... CW gets added to your band camp list so I can now stream it from my phone so can at least listen to it all without YouTube.

Guest dlgladwin

To say I am loving this on a bright sunny morning is a considerable understatement. Feels like a companion album to Analogue Bubblebath Vol. 3 which has always been a big favourite of mine. The 18 year wait has actually served to enhance hearing these pieces, as I'm now far more nostalgic about the period than I might have been ten years ago, or even five. You think you've moved on, but then later you realise how much of yourself you left back there. Sincere thanks to all involved.

Seriously good album! Sooo worth the wait!

BTW - I see some swine already has the FLAC up on Kickass Torrents. There is no stopping some people!!!

Guest Black Calx

More likely the address attached to your kickstarter account.

Yeah found it but couldn't edit my post, PHEW!!

Thx anyway man :)

Awesome. Thank you Joyrex and all involved.

Fingertrips, Squidge In my Fridge, Mumbly and 101 Rainbows would have fit perfectly on SAW 85-92. In fact a lot of this stuff sounds like a lost SAW volume. Flutey sounds like it could have fit on that early version of SAW II that had the beats intact. Loads of SH-101 all over the album.. and lush early AFX reverbs. Excellent tunage

Guest jasondonervan

Fingertrips, Squidge In my Fridge, Mumbly and 101 Rainbows would have fit perfectly on SAW 85-92. In fact a lot of this stuff sounds like a lost SAW volume.

SAW 70-84

Fingertrips, Squidge In my Fridge, Mumbly and 101 Rainbows would have fit perfectly on SAW 85-92. In fact a lot of this stuff sounds like a lost SAW volume. Flutey sounds like it could have fit on that early version of SAW II that had the beats intact. Loads of SH-101 all over the album.. and lush early AFX reverbs. Excellent tunage

friggin' factmag predicting the future every april's fools! wtf!

Does anyone really oppose to the idea of this being available for everyone to hear?

i feel a bit of a fuddy duddy saying it but yeah kinda pisses me off that its leaked and so quick but not really suprising i guess

and hey, still glad i helped to fund it coming out

properly listening to it this morning. excellent tunage

Guest Zwei Kreise

Got my copy from the kickstarter, best 16 bucks I've spent in a long while.

I've only listened to it twice but I'm astonished at how good it is. Very melodic, really beautiful, with some typically Aphex-esque epic moments thrown in there.

My favorite track so far is probably Airflow, which sounds akin to a slower and more melancholic version of Start as you mean to go on (one of my favorites from I Care because you Do).

Thanks a lot to Rephlex for making this possible :)

edit : and Joyrex, obviously.

Edited by Zwei Kreise