IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone really oppose to the idea of this being available for everyone to hear?

If people start posting comments like this on youtube (from Squidge In The Fridge vid):

Starts off so cute, but then the piano brings in so much emotion. Reminds me of Half-Life for some reason.

Then, yes.

bonus from 101 Rainbows Ambient Mix vid:

Not gonna lie, this made me cry the first time I heard it. 
Edited by triachus

Does anyone really oppose to the idea of this being available for everyone to hear?

i feel a bit of a fuddy duddy saying it but yeah kinda pisses me off that its leaked and so quick but not really suprising i guess

and hey, still glad i helped to fund it coming out

properly listening to it this morning. excellent tunage

iunno, it does feel a bit iffy for it to leak like this.

Then again, I would probably never have found out about this site, and this music if it wasn't for the modern mass media sharing.

Is a bit of a paradox really.

If people start posting comments like this on youtube (from Squidge In The Fridge vid):

Starts off so cute, but then the piano brings in so much emotion. Reminds me of Half-Life for some reason.

Then, yes.

bonus from 101 Rainbows Ambient Mix vid:

Not gonna lie, this made me cry the first time I heard it. 

What's wrong with that? People can't have opinions now?

I still think part of the deal should have bern the album becoming public domain. I think its weird people complain about spreading an album an artist just made a bunch of money on that he never intended to release. Everybody wins! Great album as eell (and yes i payed for it) xoxo.

I think it's just the way the article was subtitled that irks me a bit. Joyrex was told (by Grant was it) to put it up for only those that have paid for the kickstarter - it then being instantly upped onto Youtube then Pitchfork linking to that rip and essentially calling it public domain is kinda off.

Doubt they'd do the same if [some hip band that I don't know the name of as I'm an old fart] had a new album out, and then someone ripped it entirely onto yer tubes that same day they'd probably be a bit more cautious into linking to that on day 0

101 rainbows doesn't even really sound like afx imo. It's fucking awesome though.

I'd ejaculate so much if Rephlex decided to actually release a vinyl copy of this album.

101 Rainbows Ambien Mix was DEFO DJ'd by RDJ..... but where?????? Shit its killing me.....

RDJ dropped 101 Rainbows in the first five minutes of his set in Melbourne on 06/03/2012 at The Palace, segueing out of a Vibert track. There's fun to be had mixing that track with some big, slow hip-hop beats.

?

101 Rainbows Ambien Mix was DEFO DJ'd by RDJ..... but where?????? Shit its killing me.....

RDJ dropped 101 Rainbows in the first five minutes of his set in Melbourne on 06/03/2012 at The Palace, segueing out of a Vibert track. There's fun to be had mixing that track with some big, slow hip-hop beats.

?

Excellent!!! We all shoulda guessed but tats the beauty of t'phex......................just when you think you know

Guest bitroast

101 rainbows doesn't even really sound like afx imo. It's fucking awesome though.

I'd ejaculate so much if Rephlex decided to actually release a vinyl copy of this album.

Not at all! 101 rainbows sounds like it's from the 70s or 80s or something !!

Thanks to all who were involved (Richard, Grant, Joyrex, 'mystery seller'), and the community who supported the Kickstarter!

braindance-apng-4026fd4.png

i like the first phone prank. like rdj's intervention when they're going to put the phone down

if you do it you'll die!

Guest bitroast

i like the first phone prank. like rdj's intervention when they're going to put the phone down

if you do it you'll die!

lol @

"My phones been playing up all day"

"No it hasn't!"

Not at all! 101 rainbows sounds like it's from the 70s or 80s or something !!
Yeah! Like Tangerine Dream or something

i now regret not having had any faith in the quality of the music (and therefore not having pledged).

but well, thanks anyway joyrex + rephlex

squidge in the fridge. instant classic for me (in every RDJ release there is a tune like this: fingerbib, avril 14, PWSteal, rushup ...)

101 rainbows. jean-michel jarre/tangerine dream thingy and somewhat a bit cheesy. also: fucking cool. subtle use of the beats

Edited by superbixen

lol from a belgium news site:

"Kickstarter project delivers free new aphex twin album"

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/9092/Muzieknieuws/article/detail/1920442/2014/06/17/Kickstarter-project-levert-gratis-nieuw-Aphex-Twin-album-op.dhtml

apparently in belgium when you put an album on youtube it's a free album