IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit it, the very public sharing and promotion pisses me off... all those who pledged did so under a gentleman's agreement of not uploading it. So in essence, as a group all tarnished with the same brush, we can't be trusted;-) Who knows, one of the 'surprises' might have been the metz track - the fast sharing of this could potentially jeopardize something like that or any other future exclusives in a similar vein.

Sheez, I sound like a real whinging b'stard.... but were replex and rdj expecting the mass media to also publish links to the free streams? seems very off to me.

I know what you me (as in the gentleman's agreement) but I wouldn't let it bother you, it was bound to happen. Such is life.

Flutey - Not really feeling this one, maybe if it was shorter 5/10

Stomper 101mod Detunekik - Love this one, classic AFX 10/10

Mumbly - if you put SAW 1 and polygon window in a blender you'll get this song, excellent stuff 9/10

Popeye - your typical 1 minute afx track, good stuff - 8/10

Fingertips - hits every spot - 10/10

Revpok - good 8.5/10

AFX Tribal Kik - lol

Airflow - okay 7/10

Squidge In The Fridge - vintage afx 9/10

Fingry - good, very interesting sounds 8/10

Jazzphase - chill 7.5/10

101 Rainbows - i refuse to believe this is an afx song, i already erased from my memory 0/10

Phlaps - never liked this one 3/10

Cunt - i love what this song does to my veins, i can feel it traveling tru my body, a big fat 10/10

It was worth the wait, some instant classic and some really good tunes, that being said people who say this is better than compilation are deluted.

Edited by Deer

Nowadays, most super underground abstract noise cassettes limited to 25 copies, pressed by some obscure figure and shipped from some unknown region of the world will end up being uploaded on a blog somewhere or on a torrent website. Now, when it comes to Aphex Twin, a living legend, what did you expect? :)

It was worth the wait, some instant classic and some really good songs, that being said people who say this is better than compilation are deluted.

It's all so very subjective... I prefer it to Compilation because it has a wider scope. More variation, more thought through, sounds more "produced". But is it better? I wouldn't know. Let's wait a few years and see how it grows on us.

It was worth the wait, some instant classic and some really good tunes, that being said people who say this is better than compilation are deluted.

did you mean diluted?

Guest Lanner

"101 Rainbows - i refuse to believe this is an afx song, i already erased from my memory 0/10"

Quite a statement. How is it not?

Edited by Lanner

did you mean diluted?

Deluded.

I prefer CAT023 to Compilation.

Opinions eh?

This is fucking great, thanks Richard.

Thrichard.

did you mean diluted?

dilaudid

Edited by baph

did you mean diluted?

yeah i dont know, i heard deluted before (someone with delusions) sorry English in not my first language

Guest bitroast

Thanks to the 'rex, to the 'phlex... really enjoying it. So nice to hear more tracks from this era.

the big 3 !!

the 'phex,

the 'rex,

the 'phlex'.

Mumbly - if you put SAW 1 and polygon window in a blender you'll get this song, excellent stuff 9/10

Revpok - good 8.5/10

AFX Tribal Kik - lol

Airflow - okay 7/10

Jazzphase - chill 7.5/10

101 Rainbows - i refuse to believe this is an afx song, i already erased from my memory 0/10

Cunt - i love what this song does to my veins, i can feel it traveling tru my body, a big fat 10/10

you missed out the prank phone calls, which is a definite 10/10 from me. big lol.

did you mean diluted?

yeah i dont know, i heard deluted before (someone with delusions) sorry English in not my first language

herro deruded you mean

Thanks to the 'rex, to the 'phlex... really enjoying it. So nice to hear more tracks from this era.

the big 3 !!

the 'phex,

the 'rex,

the 'phlex'.

Revpok - good 8.5/10

AFX Tribal Kik - lol

Airflow - okay 7/10

Jazzphase - chill 7.5/10

you missed out the prank phone calls, which is a definite 10/10 from me. big lol.

yes 10/10 for the prank calls

Caustic Window LP is leaked... Today 05:44 PM... in FLAC files... That's incredible!

EDIT another one : On June - 17 - 2014 without precision about hour...

I never think that should be leaked as soon as thunder...

Edited by Anchio Arch io Son Pittore

Me too - was thinking it was gonna be stuff not good enough for release and shelved from general release for a reason. Thought it would be full of dustbin core smashes for an hour. I'm glad I was completely wrong

Caustic Window LP is leaked... Today 05:44 PM... in FLAC files... That's incredible!

It was also released yesterday at 5:58 pm

Me too - was thinking it was gonna be stuff not good enough for release and shelved from general release for a reason. Thought it would be full of dustbin core smashes for an hour. I'm glad I was completely wrong

That's what I was worried about too...

I think overall I like CWLP better, but Cordialatron will always be my favorite CW song I think...

I wonder who got the supposed 45GB of transfer bounty it had on it - real upstanding person right there...

Was curious to see, but have noticed my account is no longer active - ain't visited that place in years !

I wonder who got the supposed 45GB of transfer bounty it had on it - real upstanding person right there...

What does that mean.. transfer bounty.?

There was a "bounty" of (at the time) 45GB worth of transfers (illegal downloads) up for stake at one of the more infamous piracy sites to the first person to leak the CWLP online.

Guest Papillon

"101 Rainbows - i refuse to believe this is an afx song, i already erased from my memory 0/10"

Very good melody in that 101 rainbows, sort of reminded me of polygon window for some reason. In general though the album reminded me more of ICBYD though, which is saying a lot since that is such a class record.

Very good melody in that 101 rainbows, sort of reminded me of polygon window for some reason. In general though the album reminded me more of ICBYD though, which is saying a lot since that is such a class record.

Actually reminded me more of vintage BOC (due to the SH-101 no doubt)...