IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just 3 tracks in and... whoa! Sure, as mentioned above, it's nothing special from today's perspective. But listening to it like I just got it from my record store back in 1995, this is a fucking amazing treat I got here.

And i'm pissed off that AFX Tribal Kiks stops after a minute because that tune was going places. WTF?!!

I have a feeling it was created with the sole intent of being remixed and looped live. It's very bare. Even the title makes it sound like it was supposed to be a tool for live performances.

I was thinking of clobbering an extended mix together myself, there are just enough elements to put together a longer floor-stomping beast.

guys, just listen to Quoth

Guest Akiak

breathtaking my ass! This album was made back in the day (obviously) and it is quite apparent afx was still on a learning curve. A lot of the tracks are quite poor, about 2 decent enough tracks on it. However, I wasn't expecting much myself due to how old the tracks were. Breath taking it is not, fanboys are so annoying!

this kind of reasoning doesn't work with afx

Guest beringelab

breathtaking my ass! This album was made back in the day (obviously) and it is quite apparent afx was still on a learning curve. A lot of the tracks are quite poor, about 2 decent enough tracks on it. However, I wasn't expecting much myself due to how old the tracks were. Breath taking it is not, fanboys are so annoying!

I agree, this realese is unnecessary.

It's bcause u don't know what's electronic music & don't c the innovation of this LP 4 the 90's... This release is necessary 2 know the works of Richard... But u don't care about him & i understand, but compare this music with what artists do nowadays, or that Richard was still learning ... u're far from convincing bcause i have not read 1 that wrote 4 SAW 85-92 or firsts EPs he was still learning (incidentally we learn every day, you know that!) or comparing the music of Kraftwerk with the Clark or Flying Lotus and Daft Punk ...

eh this album is better then most realese of 2014

Guest bitroast

How the fuck can anyone complain about an album that was shelved and only heard by the lot of us through efforts of the fan community. To complain and criticise someone's art and output of music alone is rude and " unneccesary".

But given the circumstances and history behind this album, and to hear it and STILL feel the urge to express your negative opinion online is just about the stupidest thing I've read all day. Fucken hell !! You guys !! Fuck !!

Edited by bitroast

Too bad the "surprise" costs an additional 13$. I'm fine with just the music, thanks. Was hoping for more music. Guess I'll have to wait... And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait...And............

The "surprise" was the track names... originally, Richard wasn't going to bother with digging up the track names, but he went through the effort to do so.

Too bad the "surprise" costs an additional 13$. I'm fine with just the music, thanks. Was hoping for more music. Guess I'll have to wait... And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait...And............

The "surprise" was the track names... originally, Richard wasn't going to bother with digging up the track names, but he went through the effort to do so.

I for one am very thankful. Good job boss. =)

Joyrex, if I may respectfully offer a hindsight-fueled feedback, if you would have said specifically that the release would contain RDJ's original track titles but kept the actual titles under wraps until the release, you would have generated some excitement still but avoided unnecesary speculation. :-)

Guest beringelab

How the fuck can anyone complain about an album that was shelved and only heard by the lot of us through efforts of the fan community. To complain and criticise someone's art and output of music alone is rude and " unneccesary".

But given the circumstances and history behind this album, and to hear it and STILL feel the urge to express your negative opinion online is just about the stupidest thing I've read all day. Fucken hell !! You guys !! Fuck !!

It's bcause u don't know what's electronic music & don't c the innovation of this LP 4 the 90's... This release is necessary 2 know the works of Richard... But u don't care about him & i understand, but compare this music with what artists do nowadays, or that Richard was still learning ... u're far from convincing bcause i have not read 1 that wrote 4 SAW 85-92 or firsts EPs he was still learning (incidentally we learn every day, you know that!) or comparing the music of Kraftwerk with the Clark or Flying Lotus and Daft Punk ...

Hey! guys, I'm kidding.

I love mumbly,101,squidge..

Joyrex, if I may respectfully offer a hindsight-fueled feedback, if you would have said specifically that the release would contain RDJ's original track titles but kept the actual titles under wraps until the release, you would have generated some excitement still but avoided unnecesary speculation. :-)

LOL, I didn't know they were going to supply the track names until I got the files! I was as surprised as anyone!

LOL, I didn't know they were going to supply the track names until I got the files! I was as surprised as anyone!

wait wait wait

You said the surprise was the track names. Which you didn't know until you've gotten the tracks. But you said there was going to be a surprise long before you even got the tracks?

This is getting confusing.

did the surprise turn out to be what you thought it would be? the digipak wasn't really a surprise to me since I'd been reading the CW Art thread.

Guest bitroast

Hey! guys, I'm kidding.

I love mumbly,101,squidge..

oh lol sorry my bad. it really negged me out seeing negativity toward such a positive release.

did the surprise turn out to be what you thought it would be? the digipak wasn't really a surprise to me since I'd been reading the CW Art thread.

Well, I was never promised any "surprises" per se - that was a bit of Joyrexian Hype™ on my part :emotawesomepm9:

Late to the party, but thanks so much Rich, Grant, Rephlex and Joyrex for making this release possible. Phenomenal album, great sound, and best purchase I've made in a while!

Still kinda in shock that we all get to hear this rare gem!

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

Cheers!

Guest bitroast

I can't stop playing Mumbly...

I know right!

Track 1 has a bit of a slow start but gets pretty excellent once a lot of the synths and whatnot are all in and together.

Then Track 2 is absolutely incredible. Sort of reminds me Elephant Song but without the abrasiveness. Brilliance, essentially :)

And Track 3, Mumbly, is again something really rather brilliant. By this point i'm pretty much "in" the record and loving the shit out of it. The album has a nice flow and rhythm.