IGNORED

Yagya - Sleepygirls

Guest PaSaul

I am not overly impressed. He's been doing the same sounding stuff for two albums already (three if you count Rigning, which was great). The tracks are almost indistinguishable from each other. It's well done and sounds nice, but isn't really engaging.

But maybe I'll indulge.

I am not overly impressed. He's been doing the same sounding stuff for two albums already (three if you count Rigning, which was great). The tracks are almost indistinguishable from each other.

In fairness, I think that's partly intentional. The album is meant to run - at least on the CD edition - as an unbroken experience. There are no gaps in the tracks at all. It's actually more varied than those samples make it sound.

I might have been too hasty. After a more thorough listening of the samples, there were subtleties that might be more prominent in the whole tracks and even if it's samey, it's still damn nice and lush sounding. Having the vocals more infused with the music is a good choice. Thought the vocals on the last album felt too tacked on.

Guest jasondonervan

Always a good sign when listening to previews in a background window that I forget it's not a proper album playing....

Really enjoyed the DeepChord Redesigns for WIDDTP, definitely picking this up too.

For those that have pre-ordered - does it take the money from your account straight away?

I think so. My PayPal is linked to my credit card actually but the payment goes through right away and always shows up on my next credit card bill.

rigning is drenched in the water drops and the stormy sounds (crickets and nighttime sounds) which r all some of my favourite sounds. this new thingy seem a bit short on texture and dimension

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PaSaul

Fact mag just post a full track on SC:

I must say I'm bit disappointed so far and I seriously start to doubt that he ever gonna be able to top rigning.

I am not overly impressed. He's been doing the same sounding stuff for two albums already (three if you count Rigning, which was great). The tracks are almost indistinguishable from each other.

this new thingy seem a bit short on texture and dimension

I must say I'm bit disappointed so far and I seriously start to doubt that he ever gonna be able to top rigning.

• 1 month later...

A mix of the whole album is available to download for those who pre-ordered it from the Delsin website. It's nice enough and I don't regret spending money on the wax. Reminds me more of Rigning than the one that came after it. Not too vocal heavy and when there is it isn't as prominent, more like another instrument or texture. Still think Mr. Yagya need to branch out and mix it up a little in the future, and not repeat the thing he's done since Rigning.

The track posted up there on Fact sounds good. More punchy. Enjoying the more prominent hi-hats or snares. Seems to make it less wintry, which is nice. Groove. Album should be good, I reckon.

I actually really liked "Inescapable Decay..." but it's not good for summer listening.

I don't get the comments saying it's just more of the same. Of course it is. If he changed it too much he wouldn't be making ambient dub techno anymore. To me this is different enough to the previous two albums. It's more of a hazy, summer evening feel in comparison to the previous albums which were very much autumn/winter albums.

Hoping the cd is in the mail today. I really like this, dreamy and relaxing. I'm new to his music so if his back catalogue is similar I'll have to check it out. I like this album better than the recent Deepchord Redesigns.

How many of these tracks have vocals?

three - tracks 2, 4 and 9.

Thanks, I have to check those out before purchasing.

Previously I think the vocals have tended to ruin their tracks.

Guest jasondonervan

As KGW states above, the vocals are quite subtle and work nicely in the context of their respective tracks.

Track 9 is mostly sparsely scattered spoken (Japanese) word rather than vocals, although there is a bit of harmonic stuff towards the end of it.

Yeah, the vocals are okay, if still not great.

Overall a really good album though and I agree that he manages to stay more interesting than most in this style of dub techno. There's an almost Borderland vibe to it in places (although that album wasn't particularly well received, I loved it). The saxophone on Sleepygirl 8 is a nice touch.

Archived