IGNORED

What's the nicest complement anyone has ever given you?

Guest KyoAcid

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was this weird situation once in a bar. I was just drinking beer alone, waiting for the dj to start playing. Suddenly a 30ish couple comes up to me and starts talking this and that. They also bought me beer. Then they BOTH started compliment my looks and how young I look for my age.. I was too drunk at that point to comprehend the situation really. The guy gave me his business card and invited over to his summer cabin where they were going the next day. I just said that's nice but I'm probably too hungover to come to any cabin. :D I had no clue what was going on and thought this was just all too weird. Then they left, the DJ came on, I danced, harassed some hippies outside the bar for smokes and finally got home.

The next day I remembered the conversation and I was like, "Ohhh... that's what they were after." :cisfor:

There's also been a couple of times earlier when a gay guy has come up to hit on me and I've had no fucking idea what's going on until my friends have explained it to me later. "I thought he was just being nice?"

One time at a bar, a guy asked me if I was gay and then accidentally broke a full glass of beer on a table, somehow. It was great timing though because he fled the scene and I felt like I had won some kind of standoff.

I like turtles

Yeah, they're cool. Well except those ninja turtles, they're lame.

There was this weird situation once in a bar. I was just drinking beer alone, waiting for the dj to start playing. Suddenly a 30ish couple comes up to me and starts talking this and that. They also bought me beer. Then they BOTH started compliment my looks and how young I look for my age.. I was too drunk at that point to comprehend the situation really. The guy gave me his business card and invited over to his summer cabin where they were going the next day. I just said that's nice but I'm probably too hungover to come to any cabin. :D I had no clue what was going on and thought this was just all too weird. Then they left, the DJ came on, I danced, harassed some hippies outside the bar for smokes and finally got home.

The next day I remembered the conversation and I was like, "Ohhh... that's what they were after." :cisfor:

There's also been a couple of times earlier when a gay guy has come up to hit on me and I've had no fucking idea what's going on until my friends have explained it to me later. "I thought he was just being nice?"

I've had people hit on me and not realised it many a time, i think there's all these non visual cues that you are supposed to get. I don't do those.

Archived