Enjoy! I love all your tracks. This is great. You've never had shoddy production quality, but the mastering on this is especially good. There's a certain clarity to every drum hit and sample here that stands even above your other tracks. Are you using different software or hardware than usual here?

Love the vibe though! 0:57 when that bass drops in, and the reversed (?) samples here and there. Sublime!

Edited by StephenG

edit: listened a few times. This is immediately one of my favorite tracks of yours. Would love to see an album of this sort of vibe from you! renoise master!

Yeah, this is beautiful. Extremely well produced and executed.

The bassline in the beginning reminds me of a less eerie Amon Tobin from before his stuff went all Foley Room-like :)

Thnaks watmm dudems!

Are you using different software or hardware than usual here?

All Renoise, samples & dsp/vst, but am paying more attention to eq'ing lately, making sure rumbles are filtered out et cetera, maybe this can be heard? The main beat track also ducks other channels through sidechaining the volume and I always make sure stuff gets a place across the panning spectrum.

A few years ago I had a brief message exchange with boxcutting Barry and besides the inevitable kudos ;-) , gave constructive criticism about my music & sound. I used to pick sounds on taste & not use eq at all, mix them just using common sense (= not layer stacks of clashing freqs). After his words and getting better headphones, I try to listen better...

edit: listened a few times. This is immediately one of my favorite tracks of yours. Would love to see an album of this sort of vibe from you! renoise master!

Cheers. I actually started on a project, mixing up plundered African sounds with C64 flavors a few years ago, which this track is an example off. I have about 50 minutes of unfinished material. Hopefully I can finish more this summer and put it out somewhere.

Thnaks watmm dudems!

Are you using different software or hardware than usual here?

All Renoise, samples & dsp/vst, but am paying more attention to eq'ing lately, making sure rumbles are filtered out et cetera, maybe this can be heard? The main beat track also ducks other channels through sidechaining the volume and I always make sure stuff gets a place across the panning spectrum.

A few years ago I had a brief message exchange with boxcutting Barry and besides the inevitable kudos ;-) , gave constructive criticism about my music & sound. I used to pick sounds on taste & not use eq at all, mix them just using common sense (= not layer stacks of clashing freqs). After his words and getting better headphones, I try to listen better...

Cheers. I actually started on a project, mixing up plundered African sounds with C64 flavors a few years ago, which this track is an example off. I have about 50 minutes of unfinished material. Hopefully I can finish more this summer and put it out somewhere.

I can really hear the extra attention to eq'ing. lovin' it! :beer::beer:

Edited by StephenG