IGNORED

boc in NISSAN commercial

YEK

Guest fiznuthian

Advertisers are just out to ruin everything. I genuinely enjoyed that Future Islands song that became popular really quick. Seriously, it was pretty good.
But then it was turned into a Youtube ad for their album, and now i've heard the hook probably 10,000 times. Fucking ruined it...

I'd like to think advertising people (whatever they're called) are not the devil, but sometimes they really know how to ruin good things.

Advertisers sold their soul to the highest bidder when they started in the trade.

I really, really, really, really... really REALLY despise ads.

I don't care that they used the song. but the chop job is pretty horrible. Of course, it's only really offensive to the handful of people on the planet that would recognize the track and notice the edit.

hmmmm..........zero gravity seats..................... so you go in the car & bump your head on the roof? how can you drive that shit upside down?.... hmmmmmmmmm

The real problem here is that developing seating for zero G is that it holds no bearing to your ability to create seating for 1G, let along a car going round a corner at even more G. silly. Maybe they're saying that the seats are only comfortable if you aren't really sitting on them but floating above them. perhaps then they're meant for situations like this.

firstjump.jpg

Note the grainy BoC cop car.

There was definitely another car commercial that used Dayvan Cowboy around, I unno, 2007? I remember a there being a bridge. Used more of the intro.

Guest jasondonervan

There was definitely another car commercial that used Dayvan Cowboy around, I unno, 2007? I remember a there being a bridge. Used more of the intro.

i was watching CSI Miami - very lovely bright colored show - and they used Dayvan Cowboy for one of those lab sequences. it was well worked in, and actually sent a shiver down my spine.

then a bit later, during commercials, there was a commercial for a GMC Jimmy. music was using Dayvan Cowboy. a different part of it, however, so it was quite subtle - you would have to know the track well.

anyways, GMC cars are all over CSI... and when the track came on during the GMC commercial, i felt that spine-shiver coming back...

omg wat no. BOC WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME

I remember this. Don't remember which car it was used for... When i first saw the new commercial I was like "Again?" It always seem like the track was made specifically for that purpose. it is different sounding to me compared to other BOC tracks. It is one of my least favorite BOC tracks and it being in a commercial has nothing to do with it.

"If you sell your music for a car ad then you're selling everybody's memory of that music and robbing them of it … Music is about triggering memories for people, and if you rob people of that, if you associate it with Lexus, then what's the point in being a musician?" - Thom Yorke

I genuinely believe this to be true, stop doing this shit.

Archived