IGNORED

Composers Desktop Project

marf

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those with Renoise 3 and the latest CDP package installed, there is progress on the CDP tool enabling you to process sample content from Renoises sample editor.

Thanks to the hard work of Afta, we can now create and add our own definitions, I've done a bunch of basic stuff that still need fine-tuning because min and max settings of process parameters are not always well documented, latest tool update here;

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/topic/41882-tool-idea-cdp-lua-tool/page__view__findpost__p__316552

Still in baby shoes, as all the stuff that needs additional files specifying variation over time (breakpoint, envelopes, analysis files, all the spectral cool stuff et cetera) have yet to be tackled, but the future is looking good.

nice!

yes.in the super collider list, he(eric hard jams) said something about it being the shit, that he got a pc just to have cdp

that was way before drukqs tho.

heres the archive if you feel like searching :)

http://www.audiosynth.com/files/sc-users-archive/

The closest I can find is someone saying Richard Devine claimed to use CDP, with the other Richard chirping in with "I'd love to see you embalmed." Even in context, it doesn't seem to make much sense... He also briefly mentions a SuperCollider patch he has that's like CDP amongst many other things. I wouldn't pay him too much heed, anyway. He doesn't come across too favourably on that mailing list, to put it politely.

yes.in the super collider list, he(eric hard jams) said something about it being the shit, that he got a pc just to have cdp

that was way before drukqs tho.

heres the archive if you feel like searching :)

http://www.audiosynth.com/files/sc-users-archive/

The closest I can find is someone saying Richard Devine claimed to use CDP, with the other Richard chirping in with "I'd love to see you embalmed." Even in context, it doesn't seem to make much sense... He also briefly mentions a SuperCollider patch he has that's like CDP amongst many other things. I wouldn't pay him too much heed, anyway. He doesn't come across too favourably on that mailing list, to put it politely.

heh true, he was a bit of a troll there, to put it politely. but Im pretty sure it was him (eric) praising the cdp. some of his posts are actually technically interesting , I put the volume numbers down in a damn notebook I cant find.

i think rich was using cdp a lot in the making of drukqs. you know that crazy voice at the beginning of Afx 237 V7? that is a CDP process.

CITATION NEEDEDED?

distort repeat2

Results of distort.exe execution with repeat2 function

Dry -> 16 -c16 -> 4 -c50

This process repeats wavecycles without timestretching

Then overall result was processed with repeat function (timestretch by repeating wavecycles)

distort repeat

I'm probably missing something but isn't that what one calls "granular synthesis" basically ? I remember following a tutorial on Reaktor a few years ago, where you learned to create a basic granual synth, where you could run a sample of any length, play a given loop within it and tweak several parameters like loop length & position, play speed, crossfade between start and end of loop, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

that's so neat djoerek!

please keep us posted

Afta is making major moves, pvoc stuff supported and he now also got rid of mono file limitations!

latest update of the tool;

Here is v0.3.

post-4451-0-00900900-1400167645.png

Changes are:

• Terminal output is more concise, blank lines are removed and the 'min' 'sec' lines are not displayed (although they are in the scripting terminal/editor)
  • Presets are now filtered by exe, there is now an additional drop down that lists all the CDP exe's, these then filter the presets to only show those related to that exe
  • Bug fixed for processes with no arguments, these display properly now and don't need dummy arguments in the definition
  • Definitions updated to latest version posted (but those with 2 inputs other than pvoc are not yet implemented)
  • Full stereo file support, you don't need to convert samples to mono for any processes including pvoc, these are all handled in the background. This includes processes that take two sound inputs, either sound can be mono or stereo. If the the 2nd sounds is stereo the final output will also be stereo (even if it started of mono)
Note, there may be some bugs I have tested as much as I can but I added around 200 lines of code just for the stereo sample handling and this tool is getting increasingly complex.

Processing time will also be increased if you are working with stereo samples because the tool has to twice the amount of work, however it is a joy to never have to worry if your sample is mono or stereo smile.gif

from;

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/topic/41882-idea-now-new-tool-30-cdp-lua-tool/page__view__findpost__p__317355

Still stuff left to do like supporting processes that accept multiple audio inputs, put out >1 sound results, drawing breakpoint files using Renoise envelope editor etcetera, but mucho progress has been made since the idea was thrown in :cool:

Made this little CDP demonstration for local Renoise community some time ago. No FX, only 2 samples an their CDP-derivatives.

Audio and XRNS

Enjoy.

Btw i am xrxs on renoise forum :cisfor:

so this person is attempting to port most of the processes in CDP to remoise or just a few?

It's a front end based on Renoise. Looks like nearly all processes will be supported, most are already done.

Yes, Renoise Lua scripting API allows able coders to address CDP's commandline programs trough a graphical front end. Afta has made it so that anyone can make so called definition files, translate the commandline syntax explained in the CDP docs to something the tool understands. Sliders, toggles et cetera are made automatically if you keep to the given rules. It is up to Afta however to include all the input, output options a process supplies and make it work through Renoises sample editor, instrument list.

You don't need to worry about creating definitions though as I've done most of the definitions up until now :emotawesomepm9: , still cool stuff left to do like the FOF manipulating psow processes.

Made this little CDP demonstration for local Renoise community some time ago. No FX, only 2 samples an their CDP-derivatives.

Audio and XRNS

Enjoy.

Btw i am xrxs on renoise forum :cisfor:

Hah, nice dude! Seem to have missed this demonstration on the Renoise forum. Nice work, shows some of the possibilities creating sample processed variations. In the future we'll probably be able to process to new sample or instrument slot, which will speed up creating variations

Now also endorsed by BT:

Heh, bet there'll be a download boost on the CDP site, maybe this will tempt more people to build, script user friendly gui's for all the effects. Non patient folks will be turned of quickly having to type a bunch of arguments in the terminal all the time, 20+ for some of the texture programs :) .

I'm sure opcodes isn't the right term he's using - that's a machine code thing right ?

Think so, Isn't it also used in C sound? Long time ago since I used that, some kind of instruction how to do stuff. I think he meant to say programs, as you address a bunch of .exe's through dos/terminal.

The term opcode is usually used in assembler programming, where an "operation code" is a more humanly readable substitution for binary bit patterns.

Thought he was putting out a random bit of terminology to sound clever !

His complete lack of Unix shell skills could suggest just that.

Archived