Sign in to follow this  
dr lopez

Clipper is a triumph

Threw this on the headphones - hadn't heard it in a while. wow 95!! sounds inhumanly clean and precise. The filter sweeps on that fat synth line get me every time. Much appreciate the slight little moments when the perfect percussion machine slips up and a click or cut breaks from the pattern. Shows what incredible care these two take and the 808(ish) cowbells at the end always crack me up.

This is ae at the top of their game for me - we all love the digi-insanity but this one seems to be the end of the early era but it's still powerful and complex.

lush

Clipper is one of my favorite tracks from the album. The glitchy drums contrasted with the lush pads are :music:

Clipper is my nickname on another forum. I'm glad I didn't pick it for this place because I'm hardly an Autechre 'fan' compared to many WATMMers, but what a track.

"Much appreciate the slight little moments when the perfect percussion machine slips up and a click or cut breaks from the pattern."

yes these always stand out to me, i love them

Yeah! One of my favourite Ae tracks. Every time I listen to it I think, "damn, someone knows how to rock a ribbon controller".

yeah clipper is fucken huge. almost 20 years old and still eternally massive

Tri Rep is 10/10

TRI REPETAAAAEEEEE

Edited by usagi

TRI REPETAAAAEEEEE

One of the few moments of IDM history I was present for. :cool:

Re: Clipper, I always think it's a great example of how music can be awesome and cheesy at the same time.

Edit: If anyone's interested in the story behind TRI REPETAEEEEE, the original story w/ sound clips is here.

The old photoshop someone did of the spatan dude's head screaming "THIS IS AUTECHRE!!!" is missing though. Does anyone still have it?

Edited by Root5

wtf happened to CATS?

CATS was the FLACiest FLACer to ever FLAC around here. He is still active on Discogs as 'Nostradamus7'.

Amazing track until those keyboard stabs, then it's time to skip.

This is like ordering an Irish car bomb at a bar in Ireland. Epic faux pas, bro. Forreal son

this track is tasty. i like their earlier stuff more

Go to hell!!!

That Tri Repetae guy makes for a hilarious sample; he's so passionate!!!

I recorded the set in Vancouver for the Quaristice tour and during that same breakdown around 23 minutes in where 'TRI REPETAEEEEEEE' happened in Toronto, Autechre's Sound Engineer came over to me and attempted to sabotage my recording. What he ended up doing was making it 10 X better! I've uploaded it here for you all to listen to :)

Autechre - Live In Vancouver April 8th, 2008.wav

lol, "that's a very bad thing to do" hahahaha

Guest enigmazach

"Clipper" is easily in my Top 3 favorite Ae songs.

Sorry guys, but you have this great beat/scratching, and then the big wooden drum which is awesome, then it gets even more amazing with dat bass, wauw.

It's amazing for a few minutes then these horrible keyboard stabs that don't fit and sound old and horrible come in and kill the mood

Must be nice having that opinion all to yourself which is of course quite, quite wrong sir.

Amazing track first 10 seconds, then a bit suspicious for another 15, and then those shitty FX driven rhythmic layers come and outdated crap happens. Neat composition for a dubstep tune or something. Early ae is so by numbers i can only sympathise

Sorry guys, but you have this great beat/scratching, and then the big wooden drum which is awesome, then it gets even more amazing with dat bass, wauw.

It's amazing for a few minutes then these horrible keyboard stabs that don't fit and sound old and horrible come in and kill the mood

I think those stabs are a pretty crucial part of the track, really. The way they interact with the delay is amazing.

yeah and the way they're gated in the higher registers is awesome

Lesley needs idm counseling/cognitive idm therapy.