IGNORED

Clipper is a triumph

dr lopez

Amazing track first 10 seconds, then a bit suspicious for another 15, and then those shitty FX driven rhythmic layers come and outdated crap happens. Neat composition for a dubstep tune or something. Early ae is so by numbers i can only sympathise

The magic of this track is so lost on you I can only sympathise. Writing the track off with accusations of it being outdated tells me your head is so far up your own arse you haven't even heard it. This is the good shit, dubstep comparisons need not apply. Though if you tune out from tracks after 25 seconds your attention span is probably quite childlike.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing track first 10 seconds, then a bit suspicious for another 15, and then those shitty FX driven rhythmic layers come and outdated crap happens. Neat composition for a dubstep tune or something. Early ae is so by numbers i can only sympathise

The magic of this track is so lost on you I can only sympathise. Writing the track off with accusations of it being outdated tells me your head is so far up your own arse you haven't even heard it. This is the good shit, dubstep comparisons need not apply. Though if you tune out from tracks after 25 seconds your attention span is probably quite childlike.

There's a universe of magic lost on me, no need for some dude's feelings expressed in parodic manner. Furthermore It's very cruel of you to care for some track more than about fellow human being so much that you're ready to hurt me based on my odd anatomy. It's like anybody's else you fascist, i have the right to hear it my anatomic way. And my attention span... oh, a birdie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LoveRhino

In answer to the subject/thread title: yes. Yes it is. Tri Repetae is epic. I adore this album so much. Thanks for mentioning this. I'm going to listen the heck out of this tonight.

Rsdio is my favorite from the album. It's like from a soundtrack to a cyberpunk movie. A helicopter flying over Neo-Tokyo at night.

Clipper is devastatingly vast. The synth line in it still beyond pretty much anything ever created. I remember sitting with my mate in my new rented flat in England, on the bare wooden floors, having just wired in my uber-sick hifi. The first thing we slid into the manly disc tray of my Arcam CD player was Tri-Repetae. We skipped to Clipper, cracked open a large continental strength Stella each, turned up the volume very very high on my Marantz Ken Ishiwata amplifier, leaned against the rough magnolia painted walls as the other end of the room to my fuck-off bi-wired B&W floor standers, and blew our faces off with the mechanically astonishing power of Clipper.

Fucking WHACK.

...Arcam CD player...

...my Marantz Ken Ishiwata amplifier...

...rough magnolia painted walls...

...bi-wired B&W floor standers...

bateman spurgeon .jpg

Damn, you and me are on the same wavelength. I almost posted that this sounded like an American Psycho excerpt

Clipper is devastatingly vast. The synth line in it still beyond pretty much anything ever created. I remember sitting with my mate in my new rented flat in England, on the bare wooden floors, having just wired in my uber-sick hifi. The first thing we slid into the manly disc tray of my Arcam CD player was Tri-Repetae. We skipped to Clipper, cracked open a large continental strength Stella each, turned up the volume very very high on my Marantz Ken Ishiwata amplifier, leaned against the rough magnolia painted walls as the other end of the room to my fuck-off bi-wired B&W floor standers, and blew our faces off with the mechanically astonishing power of Clipper.

Fucking WHACK.

Alcofribas review

I remember sitting with my mate in my new rented flat in England, on the bare wooden floors, having just wired in my uber-sick hifi. The first thing we slid into the manly disc tray of my Arcam CD player was Tri-Repetae. We skipped to Clipper, cracked open a large continental strength Stella each, turned up the volume very very high on my Marantz Ken Ishiwata amplifier, leaned against the rough magnolia painted walls as the other end of the room to my fuck-off bi-wired B&W floor standers, and blew our faces off with the mechanically astonishing power of Clipper.

I nominate this for the most IDM paragraph of 2014.

I remember sitting with my mate in my new rented flat in England, on the bare wooden floors, having just wired in my uber-sick hifi. The first thing we slid into the manly disc tray of my Arcam CD player was Tri-Repetae. We skipped to Clipper, cracked open a large continental strength Stella each, turned up the volume very very high on my Marantz Ken Ishiwata amplifier, leaned against the rough magnolia painted walls as the other end of the room to my fuck-off bi-wired B&W floor standers, and blew our faces off with the mechanically astonishing power of Clipper.

I nominate this for the most IDM paragraph of 2014.

More like 1%DM

• 5 years later...

i've been in a real tri phase recently. was fucking about with the intro sounds in clipper to see if i could uncover something and by pitching it down a few octaves i found a hidden voice sample. check it:

On 4/24/2014 at 8:01 AM, Root5 said:

Edit: If anyone's interested in the story behind TRI REPETAEEEEE, the original story w/ sound clips is here.

So thaaat's how you pronounce it! ?

Archived