IGNORED

Autechre's Top Songs (From Each Studio Album)

Guest enigmazach

Autechre's Top Songs (From Each Studio Album)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Incunabula (1993) -- Select up to THREE

2. 2. Amber (1994) -- Select up to THREE

3. 3. Tri Repetae (1995) -- Select up to THREE

4. 4. Chiastic Slide (1997) -- Select up to THREE

5. 5. LP5 (1998) -- Select up to THREE

6. 6. Confield (2001) -- Select up to THREE

7. 7. Draft 7.30 (2003) -- Select up to THREE

8. 8. Untilted (2005) -- Select up to THREE

9. 9. Quaristice (2008) -- Select up to THREE

10. 10. Oversteps (2010) -- Select up to THREE

11. 11. Exai (2013) -- Select up to THREE

im actually pretty shocked bladlores is still so loved from Exai, it sounds like it doesn't belong on the album to me, its far lower quality to me production wise and also melodically than anything else on Exai. always sounded very much like a filler track

also surprised See on See from Oversteps got the most votes, really the first leaked track we heard is the favorite? seems odd,

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this poll made me realize how good all their albums are. seeing the tracklists and having to choose a meagre 3 sent a pang through my balls every single time. yeah.

and yeah: bine, WTF, it's an event really!1I love it.

its far lower quality to me production wise and also melodically than anything else on Exai. always sounded very much like a filler track

No, its probably one of the better produced songs on there, because it is spare, and melodically? What is superior melodically?

[spoilerThat read like a filler comment.

im actually pretty shocked bladlores is still so loved from Exai, it sounds like it doesn't belong on the album to me, its far lower quality to me production wise and also melodically than anything else on Exai. always sounded very much like a filler track

also surprised See on See from Oversteps got the most votes, really the first leaked track we heard is the favorite? seems odd,

sort of agreed on bladelores.. lush and interesting bits but i get that filler and weakest one of the bunch feeling too

see on see however gets me high

This has been done a million times but for some reason this time I'm the most surprised by the results. Also what's with you faggots and your insatiable love for Altibzz? It's decent and all but there is much better work on Quaristice.

Besides "Altibzz"'s popularity, what else surprises you about the results so far?

The following results surprised me:

- Doctrine being so unloved, that is a dope ass track

- Gnit getting no votes and Leterel getting a few. Gnit is pretty good, leterel is probably my least favourite track on the album

- Nuane not being in the lead for Chiastic Slide

- Perlence getting a paltry score, I'd have to say that's my fav off Quaristice

- See on See winning for Oversteps. Really? I found it was such a bland filler track. Still good, just not that exciting.

- Lack of love for prac-f

I'm not surprised that the results surprised me, because we are talking about Autechre after all, but I was still surprised at the results.

its far lower quality to me production wise and also melodically than anything else on Exai. always sounded very much like a filler track

No, its probably one of the better produced songs on there, because it is spare, and melodically? What is superior melodically?

[spoilerThat read like a filler comment.

well i mean that the melody feels awfully bland and surprisingly non autechre, it just sounds like a bassline anybody could have whipped up, that song has very little if any autechre fingerprint for me it's almost on par with an American witch-house production quality wise.

the one i was most pleased to see Sublimit on Untilted but then was brought down slightly by LCC beating Pro Radii

see on see getting the lion's share of the votes on Oversteps makes perfect sense to me.

With bladelores I get the opposite feeling... and I'm waiting for people to come round to cloudline and Iera. I'll probably be waiting a long time though, it seems.

The following results surprised me:

- Perlence getting a paltry score, I'd have to say that's my fav off Quaristice

- Lack of love for prac-f

Perlence is one of the best on Quaristice.. I feel like the extra 'versions' kinda lessen it's quality.

prac-f was an early favorite, but the first half of tac Lacora destroys it.

I didn't pick Bladelores for a top 3 (Exai is nearly impossible) but I get why it's a favorite. Highly accessible melody and structure, but that triplet subdividing acid bass line is just immense. Then mix in some straight up dub polyrhtyms.

Guest enigmazach

Okay guys. I'm sure a few more votes might trickle in for this poll over the next couple days, but I'll be shortly moving on to create a similar poll for Autechre's EPs/singles. If need be, freshen up on that material and be ready to vote for your favorites. :wink:

Guest Roksen Creek

See on see? Seriously??

And the lack of love for Gnit is breaking my heart. I have a tear running down my cheek as I type :(

Also Hub

See on see? Seriously??

And the lack of love for Gnit is breaking my heart. I have a tear running down my cheek as I type :(

Also Hub

no love for see on see? tears? you're a robot so it must be from condensation :p

Guest couch

most of the older ones have an obvious stand out track for me.

lowride, yulquen, overand, hub, parhelic triangle, drane 2 and rae(though I didn't notice I could pick more than 1), sudden roundabout, sublimit, rale.

The newer ones I have not quite gotten as attached to yet. Exai sounds great all over, hard to pick. And I don't know the track names yet either, just their # on the cd.

Archived