IGNORED

Autechre's Top Songs (From Each Studio Album)

Guest enigmazach

Autechre's Top Songs (From Each Studio Album)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Incunabula (1993) -- Select up to THREE

2. 2. Amber (1994) -- Select up to THREE

3. 3. Tri Repetae (1995) -- Select up to THREE

4. 4. Chiastic Slide (1997) -- Select up to THREE

5. 5. LP5 (1998) -- Select up to THREE

6. 6. Confield (2001) -- Select up to THREE

7. 7. Draft 7.30 (2003) -- Select up to THREE

8. 8. Untilted (2005) -- Select up to THREE

9. 9. Quaristice (2008) -- Select up to THREE

10. 10. Oversteps (2010) -- Select up to THREE

11. 11. Exai (2013) -- Select up to THREE

Guest Roksen Creek

See on see? Seriously??

And the lack of love for Gnit is breaking my heart. I have a tear running down my cheek as I type :(

Also Hub

no love for see on see? tears? you're a robot so it must be from condensation :p

tumblr_l6ht47A6s11qc073co1_400.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KryLon 5 votes - Known(1) TWELVE! I like it, but not enough to give it 1 of 3 precious votes

bladelores, see on see, surripere, cipater, clipper are currently the frontrunners on their respective LP's that i didn't vote for, all those tracks were hard to leave out.

Kind of surprised eggshell is doing so well
although i didn't vote for Foil, i was horrified to see it with the least mount of votes. Amber was easy for me as i already knew i was going for the holy trinity in slip nine and piezo
Tri Rep is hard - gave a vote to leteral because it stirs some strong emotion within. Rsdio is just badass
Chiastic - I still don't Nuane. ummm its alright, but i prefer most other tracks on the album
LP5 was tough too, although vose in was a shoe in for me... track just vibrates bliss
gave Cfern some TLC because i love the feel oh tight n punchy beats on a fuck off system. can't play it on headphones, was partially responsible for developing tinitus in one ear... damn you Cfern
Draft- too difficult to explain why i voted
Sublimit rightly out in front.
Altibzz - like someone said, it's like butter... melted butter with chocolate... rich and golden. Simmm is like a lot of tryptamine looped like a broken VHS tape.
Oversteps was like Amber in terms of already knowing that i'd pick. pt2ph8 takes me away, Krylon and Youp make me drift away somewhere that isn't here. I now feel sorry for Qplay ( 4 votes) thought it was a collective fav.
Exai... tuinorizn has grown to be one of my fav tracks

Amazed by the relative spread of votes for each album, although i really shouldn't be coz AE are aemazing

What am I missing on Sublimit? I like it but would probably put it fifth after the entire first disc. The only part where I'm like fuck this is great is the section from 3:00 - 5:00. There's not much payoff for a sixteen minutes track esp compared to Pro Radii and Ipacial Section.

If you don't think Foil is one of the best tracks ever made, you have bad taste in the 'chre.

It and Yulquen were the two tracks that got me hooked on the 'chre. Voted for foil. Surprised it is dead last off that album. Blew a lot of stoner's minds who thought Pink Floyd or Zeppelin was the pinnacle of mind bending music.

Good poll, I like to see what the forums preferences are. Basically, my taste is en par with the forums taste. You guys just don't show enough love for nodezh and cloudline from Exai, but once you will know ;) But see on see wins Oversteps? WUT?

What am I missing on Sublimit? I like it but would probably put it fifth after the entire first disc. The only part where I'm like fuck this is great is the section from 3:00 - 5:00. There's not much payoff for a sixteen minutes track esp compared to Pro Radii and Ipacial Section.

That whole ending part with the drums is fascinating to me, and then a great melody and distorted handclap complete the lushness, and before that there's just lots of graet beats and that section with the horn stab thing and bass/beats is the best.

I actually forgot about Furthur from Amber, I like it more than Slip, hmmmm might have to change the vote.

Guest WNS000

Doesn't like hip-hop... An autechre fan that doesn't like hip-hop.

That's interesting as half of their catalogue is hip-hop in some way or another, especially since Confield.

On the vote: I voted randomly on Incunabula/Amber with the exception of Kalpol Intro and Bike. Can't believe I was the only one showing love for Steels and Fol3 on Quaristice.

Man, don't worry about Quaristice votes too much. I would have to vote for all tracks on the album but had to make my choice. :-))) I really like Fol3.

The only track on the album that I find quite boring is Tankakern which has quickly lost its impact on me (after the initial wow moments).

Relistening to Outh9x and the fart sound at 2:00 was almost enough to make me change my vote lol, forgot all about it and it jolted me out of the mood of the traack ;(

If you don't think Foil is one of the best tracks ever made, you have bad taste in the 'chre.

It and Yulquen were the two tracks that got me hooked on the 'chre. Voted for foil. Surprised it is dead last off that album. Blew a lot of stoner's minds who thought Pink Floyd or Zeppelin was the pinnacle of mind bending music.

the whole album is good... maybe the most consistent, atmospherically, of any autechre album. hard to choose particulars, because of its consistency.

I think there should be two more polls 1) pick your five favorite remixes; 2) pick your three favorite non album ie tracks (e,.g. SYptixed)

These would be illuminating for me and perhaps others in that my knowledge of the AE discography is the most spotty in these areas.

interesting, recury is not as unlikable as i always thought. though fuck everyone for not liking eidetic casein (and e-hi-five everyone who did), its sinister insanity is unmatched.

Archived