IGNORED

Tornados

Guest fiznuthian

I love watching storm chasers and shows like that on the telly, would love to see them for myself one day. Here in the UK we just get rain and crap wind but nothing extreme. A tornado hit Oxfordshire last year and blew a few tiles off a roof.

I want to see the damage they can cause for myself to fully appreciate the power involved. Hell, would event love to chase storms for a week.

Edit

But yeah, stay safe people.

When i was smaller we had two water spouts a few kilometres across the bay from us. They looked like the meant business and when they started heading our way towards the house, it wasn't a good feeling. They eventually changed path and wandered off obscured by their own haze whipping rain. Anyway, fk tornadoes. Another time we were driving in western NSW and there was some light hail, to the right of the van a kilometre or so away a tornado had touched down. twas a lol. Totally unexpected and out of nowhere, well it was heavily raining and gusty but still not what you really think is going to be going on outside you know.

Tornadoes are kind of scary, but not all that bad. I live in Kansas, it's just something you deal with. Anymore there's so much forewarning between sirens and apps on my mobile that it's not much of a concern as long as you're smart and take shelter, plus meteorologists have a better understanding of the factors that cause them.

Was just watching the news about these storms at the gym, saw that there was already 26 deaths. When I was hit by hurricane Andrew, half our house was ripped away by a tornado inside the hurricane. The sounds & images from that night are forever stapled to my brain.

Archived