• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

match made in heaven:

That was great! Huge gap to open, an those combo 50/50s at the end were on point! And of course, the soundtrack....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cloud capture said:

match made in heaven:

Great part. Steezy as hell with those manuals and late shoves. Great spot selection as well. Gotta love the undeniable stop motion homage to the old ON video at the end too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hail Sagan said:

Gotta love the undeniable stop motion homage to the old ON video at the end too.

A tribute to both Rich and Jarvis Cocker 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This was my local skate shop back in the day in Santa Barbara, though I’d for the most part stopped paying attention to the world of skateboarding by the early ‘90s. I always sucked and skaters got ridiculously good by the early ‘90s  

A few of Church of Skatan’s/Shorty’s earlier videos had old friends (I guess more like associates since personally I didn’t like some of them haha) from high school. One guy who was a friend filmed many parts of those videos and was a DJ who worked at a local record store, and if I remember correctly an IDM fan.

I started skating again a couple years ago and do it as much as I can since I fell in love with a local skatepark her Oregon. I’d never even skated in one before since for the most part they didn’t exist in the ‘80s.

Skating transition is now one of my favorite things in life, though in my old age falling hurts REAL BAD haha. But pushing 50 and still doing it, so I’m gonna pat myself on the back.

And this is a golden age right now. At least where I live - where there’s 12 skateparks within an hour’s drive and by far the majority of skaters are cool with each other. At least around here.

Sorry - long post, reminiscing, too much coffee, Renoise break.

• Like 5

On 11/22/2023 at 8:42 PM, SCONES TO DIE FOR said:

This was my local skate shop back in the day in Santa Barbara, though I’d for the most part stopped paying attention to the world of skateboarding by the early ‘90s. I always sucked and skaters got ridiculously good by the early ‘90s 

Nice! The Santa Barbara section of the video is my favorite part, love that song the used. I used to skate in middle and high school but stopped after I started playing music. Wild in the Streets was the first skate vid I ever had, got it on VHS then, watched it so many times. Feel like it holds up nicely too. Besides that, I think my favorite skate video from back in the day was Tilt Mode Man Down, such a fun skate video