IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Nobody Here [1:06:07 Edition]

Guest jasondonervan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Nice, I shall have a listen this afternoon. Thanks for all the info btw, I always wondered where his name came from.

Should add that Nobody Here also appeared on the 'Memory Vague' DVDr.

img_0025.jpg

Nice, I shall have a listen this afternoon. Thanks for all the info btw, I always wondered where his name came from.

img_0025.jpg

yeah, that's the first place I found it when doing a search. Should have known you'd have a copy of that too, your record collection must be vast.

Checked the little text file included with the ECCOJAMS download- great little offsets from OPN? Or individual artists? Who knows…

Damn, many thanks for the bandcamp link, wasn't aware he shares it at the place.

Me neither - will definitely have to replace the shite rip I have with this

Guest jasondonervan

img_0025.jpg

yeah, that's the first place I found it when doing a search. Should have known you'd have a copy of that too, your record collection must be vast.

Not my pic - it's actually from Root Strata, the label that put it out... however, I do have a couple of copies myself.

Damn it, not got the zip or the text file anymore, is it worth d/l again just for that?

Contains this:

<links removed>

Damn, many thanks for the bandcamp link, wasn't aware he shares it at the place. Whoooo, goodbye old tape ripz!

Whoa.

Damn it, not got the zip or the text file anymore, is it worth d/l again just for that?

Contains this:

<links removed>

Whoa!!

Contains this:

<links removed>

Oh nice, more opn then… I wonder

Holy moly, that's a lot of lovely free stuff ! I now wanna thank BUNKUM for bumping this thing !

And MarinaStewart for spotting the extras (high five)

Holy moly, that's a lot of lovely free stuff ! I now wanna thank BUNKUM for bumping this thing !

And MarinaStewart for spotting the extras (high five)

(highfive)

No problem, just thought I give something back for spotting this great chance before me ;)

The QR codes included with some releases are only linking to some ecco images: one showing a gremlin-like monster, the other a 3D coloured image of an asian city.

Hope OPN kicks out the boxset on digital too………………

Damn, many thanks for the bandcamp link, wasn't aware he shares it at the place. Whoooo, goodbye old tape ripz!

Holy fucking shit a proper copy of Eccojams in flac and for free no less :w00t:

Thanks Danny & thanks guys! High 85s all around!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss3vYEAruSs

Guest jasondonervan

Contains this:

<links removed>

'New Dreams Ltd. – Initiation Tape' was a pseudonym of Vektroid, who also went under the handle of 'MACINTOSH PLUS' (most notable release was 'Floral Shoppe' on Beer on the Rug).

Stop me if you'd rather I didn't expend all of these vaporous tales... I just got too deep in the game back when all this first bubbled to the surface... :cat:

Contains this:

<links removed>

'New Dreams Ltd. – Initiation Tape' was a pseudonym of Vektroid, who also went under the handle of 'MACINTOSH PLUS' (most notable release was 'Floral Shoppe' on Beer on the Rug).

Stop me if you'd rather I didn't expend all of these vaporous tales... I just got too deep in the game back when all this first bubbled to the surface... :cat:

Hear hear, I love nerd talk <3 <3

Sorry folks but my initial exaitment has been tempered by a few pretty loud pings from ye olde bullshit detector:

Having the long-circulated rip/bootleg of the Eccojams cassette, I couldn't help but notice that the track lengths of the files up on soundcloud match those of the rip to the exact second - too spot on to be coincidence.

Why would opn link to a whole mess of other vaporub artists with similar fly-by-night soundclouds? It's not as if he's embraced the scene or anything.

Unless some legit announcement comes directly from the (kgb) man himself I'ma write this off as a ruse by an overzealous fanboy. Bummer

Had a quick look at the spectrograms, these are obviously sourced from lossy files.

There's a tape rip of Eccojams doing the rounds that's properly lossless. (24-bit even, lol.) The tracks are a bit shorter/play a bit faster than on this one.

Pity… okay, thought this is official, as I detected no real tape hiss, as on my rip I had before.

mhhhhhh………

mcbpete, can you ask Daniel if he would release a proper official download of his CP stuff?

I've longed for a proper release of eccojams too, though I'm pretty sure it (and Memory Vague) already toe the line of fair use of source material, which is probably why they were released in for-all-intents-and-purposes bootleg formats.

For a minute that fucking soundcloud fooled me into thinking that making it available for free somehow gets around this

• 3 weeks later...

Archived