IGNORED

Jonas Tracks

track that didn't make the Segment cut on Upitup last October;

https://soundcloud.com/plugexpert/schaduwvlokje

will do a b-sides ep this weekend on my bandcamp.

Just dl'ed that Segment EP, incredible stuff man. I loved your track from chatmm #12 so I had to dig through the archives. Wonderfully produced, good vibes allround.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just dl'ed that Segment EP, incredible stuff man. I loved your track from chatmm #12 so I had to dig through the archives. Wonderfully produced, good vibes allround.

Dank je Jan! :cool:

Am working on a bunch of chilled out mellow tracks which I hope to finish before the next summer. Watch this space...eventually..

• 1 month later...

For those into sped up jungle + gabber = pre-breakcore tracker music made mid nineties last century, I put up some salvaged .mods in a bandcamp thing recently, check out; https://plugexpert.bandcamp.com/album/mid-nineties-mods-salvage-2

Soundcloud examples;

https://soundcloud.com/plugexpert/richard-jonas-break-a-beats

https://soundcloud.com/plugexpert/richard-jonas-mod-215

• 11 months later...

Love your tracks Jonas.

Heh, didn't realize I had almost 20hrs (19hrs 24 minutes) of your tunes in my library =/

The more electronic releases like your Masker series get the most plays. Looking forward to JTPE in 2016!

Edit: I really enjoyed the Segment 2 ep this year (missed it in 2014). (is there uh... a part 1 to that, that I missed?) Sonofa! There is a part 1, found it. =D

Love your tracks Jonas.

Heh, didn't realize I had almost 20hrs (19hrs 24 minutes) of your tunes in my library =/

Hah, thanks :beer: , yeah shit is getting outta hand :cool: .

The more electronic releases like your Masker series get the most plays. Looking forward to JTPE in 2016!

Edit: I really enjoyed the Segment 2 ep this year (missed it in 2014). (is there uh... a part 1 to that, that I missed?) Sonofa! There is a part 1, found it. =D

Thanks for the support! Hopefully will find time second half of 2016 for more of the faster break stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:)

.... though it still sounds liek it's a test or something?

yeah, as is..4 minutes is too long, sounds more like a instrumental without teh vocals, I'll probably make an edit and make it shorter (throw a few air-horns on top ;-) ) and eventually mix or hard cut it to a new track from the album. That's more plausible then finding, scratching vocals, spend more time on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You made that track 22 years ago!? Damn.

I like how in pretty much all your old tracks everything is panned way out to the sides. Like the drums are always in one channel and the lead and bass is always in the opposite channel. Was this a style choice or a limitation because of the hardware/sequencers you used back then?

But yeah, as always your productions are fucking top notch. Really dig all your tunes on this page - especially that Kolumbus track. Way cool!

Ey squee, hardware limitations, not by design hah. By default the amiga has 4 hard pannned mono channels. 2 for the left side & 2 for the right, though there were options to use 8 channels through a clever hack in Octamed if I remember correctly, but I never used it.

Another limitation was memory which was 1 mb of ram and 8 bit sound quality. Sometimes people in the chiptune/demo scene still use these limitations for their work, besides nostalgia it can be a fun challenge getting more out of less.

Man, that break at 2:14 - old school as fuck! Love it!

Even though this tune is... 21 years old (!) it's still better and groovier than 95% of what gets released each day on Bleep and Boomkat ;D

Archived