IGNORED

polygon window remix i didn't know about, also aphex written pop songs

MisterE

i'm sure many here know about this, but somehow i only just now found out about it so i assume some people are unaware. seems to be one of the more obscure of his remixes

[youtubehd]paGDcjsoTLQ[/youtubehd]

seems like a mix between a saw 2 style track and one of those techno style tracks he did as afx/caustic window with the huge bassy kicks and metallic percussion, but with a slower tempo like the saw2 stuff. i noticed at least one sound that was definitely used in another of his tracks, garden of linmiri

also i just saw something somewhere, in a description for a live show he did back in the 90s, it had a translation for what the host on the radio was saying, and apparently it was mentioned that he claimed to have wrote several pop songs for pop artists, many of which made it into the charts. i never saw that claim anywhere else. i just assume its another of his tall tales but i suppose it's entirely possible. made me laugh anyway.

There's a doc someone here on watmm made that lists every rare Aphex, AE and BOC track

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgFqZngDOQvgdF9VUDdablNwMDRaQVJTMmN1N3VybEE&authkey=CMfYxLgG&hl=en&authkey=CMfYxLgG#gid=0

Take a look at the Aphex tab for more pleasant surprises (hopefully)

There's a doc someone here on watmm made that lists every rare Aphex, AE and BOC track

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgFqZngDOQvgdF9VUDdablNwMDRaQVJTMmN1N3VybEE&authkey=CMfYxLgG&hl=en&authkey=CMfYxLgG#gid=0

'Shotkeya' is the same as 'Schottkey 7th Path' from what I can tell:

Edit: ^ Though Shotkeya seems a tad slower/lower pitch and those vocals samples in the beginning, though I figured they could've been from the previous track on the VHS bleeding over onto the opening of this track.

The Popcorn track he made under Caustic Window is a remix, isn't it?

More of a cover, really.

'Shotkeya' is the same as 'Schottkey 7th Path' from what I can tell:

Edit: ^ Though Shotkeya seems a tad slower/lower pitch and those vocals samples in the beginning, though I figured they could've been from the previous track on the VHS bleeding over onto the opening of this track.

They are one and the same... this video was made for a 3LUX3 video compilation, and this poor YT rip does have the vocals from the previous song bleeding in - it was called "shotkeya" when it was broadcast on MTV Europe and they faded the videos together.

More of a cover, really.

Technically I'd call it a dub. It uses original sound element from the Hot Butter cover of Gershon Kingsley's song, and I think just plays the thing straight through with some looping, adding filters and effects. A cover would use different audio elements to perform the song.

More of a cover, really.

Technically I'd call it a dub. It uses original sound element from the Hot Butter cover of Gershon Kingsley's song, and I think just plays the thing straight through with some looping, adding filters and effects. A cover would use different audio elements to perform the song.

true.dat

Archived