IGNORED

If you were Caustic Window would you have omitted Popcorn and R2-D2 from your compilation?

Schlitze

I guess he felt they weren't up to scratch. Too cheesey? Or maybe there was some copyright issue with the samples. I would have probably left them off the album anyway along with Pigeon Street.

But then I would have omitted the two prank call tracks at the end of this forthcoming LP. But it's too late when it's been pressed to vinyl. You have to take it as is.

But yeah, were Popcorn and R2-D2 rightfully omitted?

R2D2 is pretty great. Popcorn sucks imo. The idea behind it is good, but the timing frustrates me (ie. starting the melody at the start of the bar rather than two notes before as in the original)

Both were not included on the Compilation due to sample clearance issues - they squeaked by on J4 and J5 respectively due to the low pressing numbers (~1000).

Wow, cheers, i had no idea about that.

So it's safe to say, ideally ...in the mind of AFX...the compilation would have been a 15 tracker.

we can find this title in 10" picture disc of Joyrex J9i

He means on the 3xLP Caustic Window Compilation. Odd that track (which is one of my favourites) wasn't included...

Popcorn is a cover no, thats why assumed it wasn't on there.

R2D2 = samples clearance

Popcorn = cover clearance/royalty

Well, I was always thinking R2D2 was just a title made up, but what exactly was sampled on that track?

Popcorn is a cover no, thats why assumed it wasn't on there.

R2D2 = samples clearance

Popcorn = cover clearance/royalty

Well, I was always thinking R2D2 was just a title made up, but what exactly was sampled on that track?

It actually contains samples of r2d2!

Yep. And, in case Marina doesn't know, R2D2 is a robot from Star Wars.

Yep. And, in case Marina doesn't know, R2D2 is a robot from Star Wars.

Of course I know- I just thought since yet it was a title made up, associating the bleeps with R2D2. Now it makes sense, obviously.

#notadiehardaphexfollower

Guest M360

Yes. If I listen to Aphex, or any electronic artist, in the same vain as classical or ambient, I dont want to be interrupted with "reeeeenereeeeer" whilst doing so.

Archived