IGNORED

Plaid - Reachy Prints

Guest Individ

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not getting the Liverpool St negativity at all, been in love with that track for some time now (since they used it to close the mix of unreleased tracks they did for that midnight snacks podcast).

Liverpool St. isn't terrible, but it really sounds like some type of Disney song or something in my opinion, which is why I can't get into it. OH, Nafovanny, Matin Lunaire, and Tether are my favorites on this record.

Guest sandisons

all the hate on liverpool st is staggering, i think it just shows the breadth of their palette and their ear for composition

ending the album with a piano flourish was a nice touch i felt, but Away goes hard as hell so im glad it was the bonus track

Gawd, the Amazon cloud is fast - Bleep zipped 1.4 GB of wav/flac/mp3 in 2 seconds and shoved it through my modem at 49 megabit.

Favorite: Matin Lunaire - has the most cohesion and fullness of all the tracks IMO, with Hawkmoth a close second

Least favorite: Ropen

The guys really put their hearts into this one!

Just finished downloading and syncing to my iPod to play on the way to work this morning. Only heard Tether so far on Warp's homepage, but I'll trust you guys' praise on it.

is Away/japanese CD out yet? i'm curious to hear it !! *o*

been looking for days, its on japanese itunes, which does me zero good..I literally had to finally ask Andy for it and he said he'll send it to me later tonight (seriously)

I actually told him the reaction on the forum was really high, think he already knew..New website apparently is about to go up, possibly new Tshirts.

Looking forward to the Live show in July, he said the visulas are really sweet this tour..

I actually told him the reaction on the forum was really high, think he already knew..New website apparently is about to go up, possibly new Tshirts.

Looking forward to the Live show in July, he said the visulas are really sweet this tour..

coolio

might have to organize seeing them live. It's great that after so many releases they can hook new fans in, imo that shows how good they are. Just got the Induction comp from Bleep, not sure how Plaid have always past me by.....

Have to agree that RP is better than Scintilli overall. Really digging Hawkmoth and Slam ATM, but perhaps the other trax will grow on me as well after a few more listens.

Guest bitroast

ahhhh I see I see.

on a related note. what does the title Reachy Prints even mean?

the other day when I asked JB Hi-Fi if they had the vinyl (the answer was no because no one had ordered it in for instore ordering and they were unable to do it from the store computers/store level... or something) I was required to say out loud "Reachy Prints", and I realised how utterly awkward it was to say out loud. what does it mean?? is it referring to plaid design prints or something?

Maybe it's related to the artwork idk

The artwork for Reachy Prints is created in collaboration with installation artist Eric Studer. On the artwork, he says: “The photograph represents a personal reflection after a radical experience. Two elements complement one another: The X-Ray image of my head holds the moment when my life got separated into a ‘before’ and an ‘after’. The visibility through the transparent X-Ray on the other hand is an outlook into my familiar surrounding – it represents continuance. The merging of the two images implies a new starting point in life. It serves as memento since it is hard to recall the incident. Altogether the image clarifies that the past is irreversible. And that an answer to ‘why’ is not relevant any longer.”

ahhhh I see I see.

on a related note. what does the title Reachy Prints even mean?

“We wondered if consciousness is a memory and what role memories have in the imaginative process . We saw prints as physical memories and an equivalence between printing and memory function. They often share the aim of 'reproducing' a subject as accurately as possible. Experience told us that a perfect reproduction is difficult, if not impossible. An attraction to explore this fallibility and a curiosity about the potential inaccuracies and artefacts gave us the album title, 'Reachy Prints'.

The track ‘Wallet’ is inspired by the items found in wallets, the money, receipts, business cards, photos etc and the symbolism of wallets as a safe place to store items we value and want to remember. Most items in a wallet have already been digitised and perhaps physical wallets/purses will become obsolete.”

Honestly I am blown away by this album, it's absolutely brilliant. I wasn't expecting this. Potentially their best album.

Hawkmoth is as good as any piece of music they have ever made imho. Wallet and Ropen are not far behind.

It may be a short album but it's choc-full with quality music, not a minute wasted. Much better than Scintilli (which was good but not amazing).

If there is a better electronic album than this in 2014 I will be astonished.

Archived