IGNORED

Plaid - Reachy Prints

Guest Individ

I saw yesterday that this is out already ... so much for my pre-listening, dang it! I was gonna go all Mr.Important on this ... but my friend didn't bother getting the Promo cause he's not into Plaid. Laaaame.

But hey - new Plaid Album! :happy:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I am blown away by this album, it's absolutely brilliant. I wasn't expecting this. Potentially their best album.

Hawkmoth is as good as any piece of music they have ever made imho. Wallet and Ropen are not far behind.

It may be a short album but it's choc-full with quality music, not a minute wasted. Much better than Scintilli (which was good but not amazing).

If there is a better electronic album than this in 2014 I will be astonished.

i would agree with you completely except for the thing you said about Scintilli. Scintilli rocks, dude. Reachy Prints is quality yes but Scintilli too. It holds at least 4 ace tracks. plus it is a very versatile album. go Scintilli go... :sorcerer:

The bassline in the second half of Nafovanny sounds super familiar. I'm sure I've heard it in another song. Anyone share the same thought?

Sure enough, other trax are starting to grow on me after another four or five listens. I think Ropen might be my favourite now. The kind of mood in it is that of hope during a dark or hard time, at least in my interpretation.

Could be a parable to life itself really - an ongoing strife in which we come close to attaining an ideal state but never quite exactly match, like an asymptote in maths. Maybe I'm over-analyzing tho.

Honestly I am blown away by this album, it's absolutely brilliant. I wasn't expecting this. Potentially their best album.

Hawkmoth is as good as any piece of music they have ever made imho. Wallet and Ropen are not far behind.

It may be a short album but it's choc-full with quality music, not a minute wasted. Much better than Scintilli (which was good but not amazing).

i would agree with you completely except for the thing you said about Scintilli. Scintilli rocks, dude. Reachy Prints is quality yes but Scintilli too. It holds at least 4 ace tracks. plus it is a very versatile album. go Scintilli go... :sorcerer:

I'm happy there's a fellow Scintilli lover here! Missing/Founded are two of my most favorite things they've done.

Guest pafr

I'm happy there's a fellow Scintilli lover here! Missing/Founded are two of my most favorite things they've done.

Missing, Founded, At Last are the only tracks I listen to on that album. Rest are rather mediocre.

ropen is what i thought tomorrows harvest would sound like

yeah there's a track that appears when I play this album (I'm not up to speed on which is which) and I presume its Ropen and I think exactly the same

This record is really going to annoy everyone around where I live, as this summer I plan to drive around everywhere blasting it as loud as I can. Plaid have destroyed it with this one (in a good way). Hopefully I can make it to see them on tour. But they're obviously on a roll at the moment, so I'm gonna try.

Man, Wallet, that song really gets me teary-eyed.

Guest Chesney

I have gone full circle with this. really liking on the first listen then it getting a bit bland and flat with tired sounds and progressions but then the tunes started to sing and come alive. I love it all but the first half is astounding.

I feel that releasing tracks and teasers here and there ruin an album for me though. Hawkmoth was so out of place because I was much more familiar with it than the others. This broke up the album and I started to listen to individual track and skipping over others. Not how an album should be listened to in my opinion. I had to force myself to sit through the lot without skipping so I could take in every track equally.

I hated Tether at first as the sounds were too familiar, seemed rushed. left over sounds from scintilli put me off thinking this album as a new entity. And sounds reminiscent of early 90's dance etc too, which quickly grew on me and I love their inclusion.

Nafovanny is a really strong sound and Wallet really came into it's own after repeated listens on headphones. Liverpool street, is not weak either, it's just not as obvious as the others. The only one that I would say is the weakest would be Matin luniere. It's good, obviously but, it does not have the depth that the others have.

The only one that I would say is the weakest would be Matin luniere. It's good, obviously but, it does not have the depth that the others have.

I must say I love Matin Lunaire, sounds pretty retro. Tether is my least listened track currently, but time will tell...

Wallet, yeah, I feel transfered back into older Plaid era, and it is the real essence of what Plaid is.

Very surprised by this.

Yup. Never been that bothered with Plaid, and to make an album down the line this cool, is pretty great. Such a wicked set of tracks.

Gawd, the Amazon cloud is fast - Bleep zipped 1.4 GB of wav/flac/mp3 in 2 seconds and shoved it through my modem at 49 megabit.

Favorite: Matin Lunaire - has the most cohesion and fullness of all the tracks IMO, with Hawkmoth a close second

Least favorite: Ropen

The guys really put their hearts into this one!

OK, so Ropen isn't that bad after all, it's growing on me quick! I love Matin Lunaire even more as of today though - just added a KRK 10s subwoofer to my Rokit 8s. I love how they syncopate the bassline with the drum beats so they don't overlap!

Oh, and add me to the "loves Scintilli" list :D

It's not commercially available to buy in the UK, I tried to buy it from a US & Japanese Store as an MP3 but to no avail.

If they did, I would of bought it straight away

Archived