IGNORED

Plaid - Reachy Prints

Guest Individ

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm almost certain this is my favorite album of the year.

I'm with you!

The fact that I've know about Plaid for years but never really got into 'em, yet fell in love with the music on this album almost instantly (and still love it) makes me think I should award them this honour too. Though there is nothing as genius as Aphex's xmas-eve on it, this album has much better consistency than Syro. Fucking brilliant album.

Guest transmisiones ferox

I'm almost certain this is my favorite album of the year.

I'm with you!

The fact that I've know about Plaid for years but never really got into 'em, yet fell in love with the music on this album almost instantly (and still love it) makes me think I should award them this honour too. Though there is nothing as genius as Aphex's xmas-eve on it, this album has much better consistency than Syro. Fucking brilliant album.

I think it's like compare two different weight classes, you know who is who. But I enjoye Reachy Prints, it has genuine magical moments and in a way it my cup of tea because of it.

Just to say, RA gave it 2,5, while Syro is 5, do they often give 5 to the albums, I don't remember actually..It's a boomer!

compare two different weight classes

probably best not to argue about this, but "weight classes" is a strange term; i'd agree if you're merely talking about mainstream popularity, but these days i respect plaid far more than aphex because they've managed to evolve their sound for so long without ever falling into a rut. meanwhile, everything aphex has done since drukqs is just so similar, especially compared to how diverse his music once was.

While I quite enjoy the album, I believe some of the tracks are often really too short and underdeveloped. I would like to hear this album in a more adventurous form. I also think some of the tracks have quite sterile sound-design.

But there is few gems, too.

Jev, agreed some tracks r too quiet.

You need to hear this album loud, dawg. It lights up the tweeters ....

"quite" not "quiet" :-)

Yeah, agreed. This is definitely my album of the year. No question. I love all their albums but this is just something else.

It may be only 40 minutes long but there is not a second wasted.

This is probably my album of the year, can't think of any other I was as excited to hear and was richly rewarded.

My thoughts exactly. No other release brought me as much joy or fit so well with the time it was released.

I really love the live version of OH too. Was a highlight of the night I went to see them and happy to find a couple versions of it online in good quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I just listened to this again last night - the comments are right, there really isn't a weak point on this album. And I think Hawkmoth and Wallet are two of the most superb tracks I've ever heard, from any artist.

AOTY 2014 for me without a doubt. Very well deserved.

Guest WNS000

I just listened to this again last night - the comments are right, there really isn't a weak point on this album. And I think Hawkmoth and Wallet are two of the most superb tracks I've ever heard, from any artist.

AOTY 2014 for me without a doubt. Very well deserved.

Yes, Wallet is stunning.

do you mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIDOcgQbPIo

←btw you can count me as another Away fan. ↑This live version of it that was captured at one of their shows was my favouritte Plaid track for over a year or so, before the release of Reachy Prints.. the album version is a lot more technical and the intro is different, and it took me time to get used to it, but in the end i came to like both of them, the same.

Archived