IGNORED

The Quietus review the new Coldplay album, they don't like it

MadameChaos

Maybe this guy's boss didn't want so many fucks in one review.

Pretty much everyone in this thread clicked on the article right? Mission accomplished on their end. "Music journalists" on sites like this aren't journalists, they just create content so you look at their site and get page views/ad revenue.

lol, funny you should mention this. I specifically didn't click through because i saw the OP as clickbait and wondered why it was posted here in the first place (no offence OPer). So i've just been responding the comments on the thing as usual. watmm style.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I clicked, and it will be a long time before I ever follow a link to the quietus again. If that kind of articles are a click-luring strategy, I'd say it's a short term one.

Can't stand people that censor swearwords. Just don't bother swearing if you haven't got the temerity.

I thought I was the only person that was irked by this ridiculous custom that people seem to have.

People that replace "fuck" with "eff", "bastard" with "bee", etc... need to either grow some balls and say what they really want to say, or find a word that they're not afraid of saying in front of people and use that instead.

Implying swearing, without actually swearing, is rather silly.

Replacing bastard with bee etc. is the Coldplay of language.

That said, sometimes i go fking or cnt. and i don't give a sht wht y mthrfkrs thnk.

EDIT: i don't say these things out loud, would be weird, if i want to be PG there are plenty of other words which one could use that aren't swearing but add impact to a statement. Eloquence also helps.

this is exactly why I have a problem with people alluding to swearing but not actually swearing. but wanting to swear. but not having the confidence or assertiveness to actually carry through with it.

Can't stand people that censor swearwords. Just don't bother swearing if you haven't got the temerity.

I thought I was the only person that was irked by this ridiculous custom that people seem to have.

People that replace "fuck" with "eff", "bastard" with "bee", etc... need to either grow some balls and say what they really want to say, or find a word that they're not afraid of saying in front of people and use that instead.

Implying swearing, without actually swearing, is rather silly.

Replacing bastard with bee etc. is the Coldplay of language.

That said, sometimes i go fking or cnt. and i don't give a sht wht y mthrfkrs thnk.

EDIT: i don't say these things out loud, would be weird, if i want to be PG there are plenty of other words which one could use that aren't swearing but add impact to a statement. Eloquence also helps.

this is exactly why I have a problem with people alluding to swearing but not actually swearing. but wanting to swear. but not having the confidence or assertiveness to actually carry through with it.

If you swear all the time it diminishes it imO. It's like that plague of modern horror movies where bad stuff happens all the time with out relent, if you hit that one note for the whole time eventually the brain blanks it out, it falls into the background, the punch is lost. This doesn't diminish the case for using oblique and heavy swearing in the dialogue as this may be where the 'fun' of a particular character resides if they're particularly creative with it, or it could be illustrative of social background. hrmm, this conversation could end up in digression city each point cancelling the other out with no approach to the debate being wrong. heh. So i won't do that.

Hey thanks for capszing my comment, i'm happy to have been part of a strongly felt mega quote. [-;

Didn't John Hopkins produce this joint? Maybe it's getting bad reviews for how IDM it is. It can be extreme, after all.

Archived