IGNORED

D'Arcangelo presents Rephlex Records (Radio show)

Herr Jan

This was just posted on D´Arcangelo´s facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/664694860226981/?source=3&source_newsfeed_story_type=regular

10369871_10152031211321193_4402997125151

Tonight 20h on Warm FM (104.2FM - Liège/BE and around or streaming http://www.warm.fm/ecoutez-warm/ ) + replay Thursday 1h and Thursday 19h, our program "Urban Toonz" devoted himself to the English label Rephlex Records (launched in 1991 by Aphex Twin and Grant Wilson-Claridge).

D'Arcangelo, Rephlex's artist since 1996 with 5 albums and several EPs, we prepared a very varied mix with all the big names on the label, there will include an unreleased D'arcangelo's track.

Could anybody record this? I don't have the tech for it :(

Well, D'Arcangelo were also planning that Planet Rephlex series of articles, but only one came of that. Looks like they´ve been trying to do some promotion for the label because GWC won't?

+ Rephlex is just shapeshifting, not quitting (I hope anyway). With that whole CAT023 deal we probably can expect some new releases in the pipeline?

(also they still have 24 EDM compilations to release :emotawesomepm9: )

I take it this is an "in remembrance" show, then? Rather than a "presentation", I mean.

lul, the cheek. heheh.

Now we have two cheeks = full arse.

haha, no man you are perfectly welcome, I am happy to fill my role for the sake of the mission to bring the power of the pun to the world. /slides on in

i could record the stream from the website but i don't remember the little program that let you easily record what goes in your soundcard...
can anybody help?

Well, D'Arcangelo were also planning that Planet Rephlex series of articles, but only one came of that. Looks like they´ve been trying to do some promotion for the label because GWC won't?

+ Rephlex is just shapeshifting, not quitting (I hope anyway). With that whole CAT023 deal we probably can expect some new releases in the pipeline?

That's a good way to describe it...

So I'm guessing if it's gonna be playing 8pm tonight - that converts to .... (counts on fingers) Saturday November 14th 2015 at 3am, in Rephlex time

So I'm guessing if it's gonna be playing 8pm tonight - that converts to .... (counts on fingers) Saturday November 14th 2015 at 3am, in Rephlex time

lol

That's a good way to describe it...

*attempting to decipher the hidden implications in message*

i could record the stream from the website but i don't remember the little program that let you easily record what goes in your soundcard...

can anybody help?

Not sure, I did use soundforge years ago for that, but I'm no longer able to (crappy laptop soundcard + no soundforge). Hope you or anyone can though!

That was nice, no idea what the last two tracks were (I guess the last one was that unreleased D'arcangelo track, but the one before that? Who knows). Cool to hear the newer stuff by EOD, Wisp and Jodey in there too!

• 2 weeks later...

While D´Arcangelo is rocking it on Intergalactic FM right now, here´s their show they did last week (including tracklist):

Thanks to psn for the recording!

It would be great to know what they are saying. Anyone brave enough to do a transcript?

Also, where is the rest of interviews with Grant and the rest? (the interview series about Rephlex, only the first part is out)

radioshow broadcast with D'Arcangelo available to stream/DL here https://intergalacticfm.com/content/audio.php?a=i&i=3475

Monks picks:
Patronen - Übertragung [biosoft records, 2014]
Sculpture - Plastic Infinite [Tapebox, 2014]
VHS Head - Farewell Africa [skam, 2014]
Larry Heard - DNA-RNA [black Market International, 1996]
Telluric - Axolotl [sWISHcotheque Records, 2014]
Ed Chamberlain - Synthia [baseLogic, 2006]
Mark du Mosch - Bay 25 [Dekmantel, 2014]
Black Narcissus - Parl Taktsang [signals, 2013]
Yuang Mekong - Under Different Stars [Dreamdark, 2014]

D'Arcangelo mix for Intergalactic FM:
COH - Meguro [Editions Mego, 2014]
Rob Clouth - Bubble Chamber (Original Mix) [Traum Schallplatten, 2012]
Kritical audio - Bugsmasher [Detroit Underground, 2011]
Red, raw murder on GI. Ignore drum [Divided By Zer0, 2012]
Tipper- Tweak sauce [Colony Productions, 2005]
Squarepusher - 4001 [Warp Records, 2012]
Eva Schlegel - Noise In The Space-Time Continuum [Not on label/Soundcloud, 2014]
E_Machinery - Master Control Progam
Mystery track
Solvent - Curtains [suction Records, 2011]
Luke Vibert - Acrobot [Hypercolour, 2014]
Transllusion - Dimensional Glide [supremat, 2001]
Vermont - ubersprung [Kompakt, 2014]
Siriusmo - Itchy/Cornerboy [Monkeytown Records, 2013]
Drexciya - Rubick's Cube [underground Resistance, 2003]
Teeel - Corduroy Swell (Datassette Remix) [Moodgadget Records, 2011]
Matt whitehead - a is for acid (perc mod mix) [Perc Trax Limited, 2013]
Clark - MFB Skank [Warp Records, 2013]
KiNK - The Roots Of Techno [sharivari Records, 2010]
Vector_lovers - Electrobotic disco Part II [soma, 2004]

also available to listen to at a higher bitrate here http://www.mixcloud.com/UpstandingMonk/transmission-23-darcangelo/

While D´Arcangelo is rocking it on Intergalactic FM right now, here´s their show they did last week (including tracklist):

Thanks to psn for the recording!

It would be great to know what they are saying. Anyone brave enough to do a transcript?

Also, where is the rest of interviews with Grant and the rest? (the interview series about Rephlex, only the first part is out)

D'Arcangelo isn´t in the talking part at the start. Just a description of Rephlex and D'Arcangelo's history I think.

The Rephlex articles/interviews are in limbo, the website itself (improvearts) and D'arcangelo haven't responded to it anymore (end of 2013 they both said 'very soon!'). Who knows though :)

Archived