IGNORED

Aphex Playing at Glastonbury Festival - The Temple

Uzohvezxfn

Guest Phonejack

DJs who only spin disks are even worse, no skill needed whatsoever.

:cerious:

That depends entirely on the DJ

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pafr

I would seriously love to see you play an all-vinyl set. Prove it.

manually beat match, etc., well it's an art, but I mean how does that compare to an instrument? You are still listening to the same recorded songs. If you make different tracks yourself and mix them live, that's cool. Most DJ just play other people's music. It's really different form of entertainment than watching a band or orchestra playing live.

most instruments take years to master, I can't imagine DJing being that hard. You can get technical, but learning curve is definitely pretty flat/gradual.

Guest pafr

that's why most DJing are for dance clubs. People are dancing, not watching a band playing instruments. Benn Jordan is pretty cool with live guitar performance, same with DJ Sawka's drum. Real instruments are fun to watch, just sayin'

I want to get the most out of my money, I don't care much about light shows, and I can dance at home by myself.

Electronic live show is all about listening to the music and light show. There is nothing to watch since it's just a dude on a computer. That's why I'm more likely to see a live show that has people playing real instruments than a rave. DJs who only spin disks are even worse, no skill needed whatsoever.

Nice Aleski Perala - Fluorescence takes shape at 1:40. Seems like some sort of remix.

Guest bitroast

manually beat match, etc., well it's an art, but I mean how does that compare to an instrument? You are still listening to the same recorded songs. If you make different tracks yourself and mix them live, that's cool. Most DJ just play other people's music. It's really different form of entertainment than watching a band or orchestra playing live.

most instruments take years to master, I can't imagine DJing being that hard. You can get technical, but learning curve is definitely pretty flat/gradual.

what are you blubbering on about? playing live and doing a dj set are two different things.

Electronic live show is all about listening to the music and light show. There is nothing to watch since it's just a dude on a computer. That's why I'm more likely to see a live show that has people playing real instruments than a rave. DJs who only spin disks are even worse, no skill needed whatsoever.

ignorance level: ludicrous

poor Richard, he need to play sinfoniettas to please everyone nowadays

long time no djing jungle/techno and this is the effect

what is this old mans rave shit? no new materials played, no real instruments duuuhh, aphex sucks

Guest pafr

why y'all fuckers pushing your personal preferences on me? I said I don't like paying for dance parties. You guys can do whatever the fuck you want. Go to raves. Go do drugs. Go kill yourselves.

I have only ever DJ'd with vinyl - I had a go on CDJs once and they are very cool with lots of buttons to press but without having the equipment to practice on I'm not getting to worried and I heart my vinylz.

YES beat matching and basic stuff like EQing / volume control are all relatively simple things to pick up BUT they are skills to master. There are lots of advanced things to learn like key mixing (which requires some degree of knowledge of musical scales and how harmonies work - only a few DJs I have seen are really good at this, Tom Middleton and John Digweed are good examples).

So what I'm saying is yeah any cunt can learn to beat match.

But that does not make a good / entertaining DJ. The whole art of track selection, playing tracks that flow (or not, if that's the style you are aiming for), responding to the crowd and keeping people dancing are all very much skills.

You can beat match 10 jungle tracks together very well and still clear a dance floor if the kids came to dance to EDM.

Guest pafr

see, I'm not the type of dude who fits in a dance party scene. Why the fuck am I even making electronic music?

Guest pafr

Great point.

You should probably not renew your watmm account next year.

I never renewed my account. I got an account because I wanted to buy the watmm vol 1 album, and it was on-sale too. I thought the EKT Plus membership only lasts for 1 year. It's been more than a year now. There was a period of time I remember about a year ago where I couldn't log into watmm. Then suddenly I could log into watmm again. If my account expires, I'm not gonna renew it. Since there is no more free watmm accounts, I'll say goodbye to y'all fuckers.

Guest pafr

I seriously don't give much fuck about this forum. Learned a few things here and there about braindance and shit. Y'all fuckers seem like mediocre people. I'll still make music, whether I make a retarded watmm post about my newest EKT release which nobody listens to anyways probably doesn't make any difference at all.

I'm only lurking here because I'm in love with MadameChaos.

I seriously don't give much fuck about this forum. Learned a few things here and there about braindance and shit. Y'all fuckers seem like mediocre people. I'll still make music, whether I make a retarded watmm post about my newest EKT release which nobody listens to anyways probably doesn't make any difference at all.

HOLY FUCKING LOL!

how cute...

now gtfo, fucker

Guest pafr

seriously, I think during the time when my account is broken, Joyrex is probably talking to motherfuckers from the NSA. He was probably cleaning out forum accounts or something.

skipping this sub conversation...

i quite like the french approach to performing and making it a bit theatrical usually costumes or masks n shit

its a thin line though between some cool visual stage thing and something distracting from the music, especially if its shit.

I seriously don't give much fuck about this forum. Learned a few things here and there about braindance and shit. Y'all fuckers seem like mediocre people. I'll still make music, whether I make a retarded watmm post about my newest EKT release which nobody listens to anyways probably doesn't make any difference at all

badass. over there.

ANYWAY the old ginger cunt is getting older and older, you can especially see that on the videos. Don't expect any new albums. Old uncle Richard is getting arthritis in his fingers

Archived