IGNORED

Plaid: See the band's newly announced US Tour Dates

Joyrex

Following the release of their tenth album 'Reachy Prints' Plaid will be touring the music across North America in July, see the complete list of dates and revisit their new video for 'Wallet'.

More on Warp.net

Plaid / See the band's newly announced US Tour Dates

Warp - Records - Plaid - See the band's newly announced US Tour Dates
Connect with Warp, subscribe to the Mailing List and explore more RSS feeds here

View the full article

For convenience:

Plaid On Tour

MAY
23 Village Underground - London, GB (Tickets)
25 Chill Out Festival - Istanbul, TR (Tickets)
29 Conne Island - Leipzig, DE (Tickets)
30 Gretchen - Berlin, DE

JUNE
01 Tolhuis - Amsterdam, NL (Tickets)
02 AB Club - Brussels, BE (Tickets)
08 Exil - Zurich, CH (Tickets)
13 Gaité lyrique - Paris, FR (Tickets)

JULY
03 Lincoln Hall - Chicago, IL (Tickets)
06 The Roxy - Los Angeles, CA (Tickets)
10 The Parish - Austin, TX (Tickets)
11 1015 Folsom - San Francisco, CA (Tickets)
12 Fortune Sound Club - Vancouver, BC
18 Le Poisson Rouge - New York, NY (Tickets)
23 Ten Days Off - Gent, BE (Tickets)

AUGUST
01 - 03 Dekmantel Festival - Amsterdam, NL (Tickets)

Hmmm... Plaid in Austin... tempting!

Well I'm going to Europe this summer - Amsterdam, few spots in Belgium, Paris, and then Nice. When this was first announced, I noticed that I was going to miss the Amsterdam date as well as the Brussels one. But it looks like Paris was added, and that's my first night in Paris! Holy shit. Might be able to meet up with my friend there and go see the show. Gotta convince the lady friend that it's an important thing to do while in Paris.

Back-up plan would be Vancouver July 12 - but that's the day before a wedding we're supposed to attend. UGH!

Ahh dammit! I was wrong about Paris, I won't be there till the 16th. I'm missing all their European dates and likely can't see US ones either. At least I've seen them twice already.

• 4 weeks later...

The Chicago show was great! Plus, they're super-cool, totally classy guys. They even signed my copy of "Scintilli" and Andy gave out his granola bars! Unfortunately, I was a bit star-struck (it's very rare that I meet the artists that I admire), and so I wasn't as articulate as I'd like to be. I've been listening to their work devoutly since I got "Trance Europe Express" back in '95 (I bought it mainly for the Aphex, but I really digged the Black Dog's "Xeper", which confusingly has a different name on the "Bytes" compilation). Anyway, it was a long trip for me to get there, but totally worth it.

They played a great show in Vancouver tonight. It was super chill. I'm curious about how long their shows went for in other cities. I feel like they were cut short but the venue management (after an hour), as the show was delayed.

Saw them in San Francisco on June 11th with fellow WATMMite SPD. Plaid were great; their set started out on the dancier side and really chilled out near the end and during the encores: amazing dubby, lush-as-fuck track as the closer (don't know Reachy Prints off by heart yet so not sure if it was from there or unreleased).

Strange mix of patronage at the show though: a load of Friday night Frat-Bro types and their party wenches flooded the dancefloor during the Klangkarussell set which was some of the most unadventurous EDM I've ever been subjected to. Meanwhile the Plaid fans stood on the sidelines waiting for the set to end and the Bros to dissipate. Plaid's proginess made swift work of them and the dancefloor cleared by at least 50% after they went on.

Would've been nice to see a supporting act that was more stylistically in keeping with the headliner, though it was a Friday night and business is business.

Oh, and to answer your question about the show length rddm, it was about a 1.5 hour set down here from about 1:30 am - 3:00am (including two encore tracks).

Archived