IGNORED

Aphex Twin, LSD, THC and psilocybin

MassfreeKid

Psiquedelics + nice soundsystem + sofa + SYRO equals fucking palatable fourmensional glory

The circlont6a "accordion" synth at 1:10... morphing into purplesque gelatin tentacles... total inmersion in the whole album, my gosh, it was so visual...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an open letter to rich from mesh gear fox:

hi richard, i've noticed recently you have mentioned several class a drugs as an 'influence' on your music. are you ok? i hope you know the damaging effects that Drugs can have on family and music, they're really quite bad! please consider drinking some cammomile and taking a hot bath next time you feel like reaching for the jazz reefer.

sincerely - mgf and watmm

Aphex Twin: "If you think psychedelic drugs are damaging, then you have a lot to learn." :)

i thought everyone who listens to aphex does psycodelecs, druks or at least smokes dope 0_0 i remember starting smoking shit, and in the next day i "suddenly remembered" windowlicker and come to daddy vids and went discovering. its as if he stood in the shadows w8ing for me to do weird things and then steped out with his grin saying "well halow there, now your soul belongs to me for many ears to come".

i dont know people seriously listening to twin who never did stuff

do more shrooms richrud!!11

an open letter to rich from mesh gear fox:

hi richard, i've noticed recently you have mentioned several class a drugs as an 'influence' on your music. are you ok? i hope you know the damaging effects that Drugs can have on family and music, they're really quite bad! please consider drinking some cammomile and taking a hot bath next time you feel like reaching for the jazz reefer.

sincerely - mgf and watmm

flol!! classic! would sign this anytime!

i thought everyone who listens to aphex does psycodelecs, druks or at least smokes dope 0_0 i remember starting smoking shit, and in the next day i "suddenly remembered" windowlicker and come to daddy vids and went discovering. its as if he stood in the shadows w8ing for me to do weird things and then steped out with his grin saying "well halow there, now your soul belongs to me for many ears to come".

I've been a massive RDJ fan for around 12 years, and the hardest drug I've ever done is caffeine.

If you're implying that people have to be absolutely off their boxes to enjoy Richard's music, then I guess that's a little offensive.

Disclaimer: I'm not one of those annoying straight edge, anti-drug preaching pricks, nor do I think I'm a better person for not taking drugs. It's just my personal choice. Besides, if I spent all my cash on class A's, I probably wouldn't be able to invest in my music collection :)

I've been a massive RDJ fan for around 12 years, and the hardest drug I've ever done is caffeine.

If you're implying that people have to be absolutely off their boxes to enjoy Richard's music, then I guess that's a little offensive.

Disclaimer: I'm not one of those annoying straight edge, anti-drug preaching pricks, nor do I think I'm a better person for not taking drugs. It's just my personal choice. Besides, if I spent all my cash on class A's, I probably wouldn't be able to invest in my music collection :)

That's absolutely fine, of course people can enjoy Aphex's music without the influence of psychedelics. On the other hand, Aphex's music wouldn't exist (as it does) without that influence so if I had always been straight, as a fan, I would be curious to know why Aphex keeps coming back to non-ordinary states of consciousness and why he openly says it changed his understanding of life and sound. Aren't you a bit curious?

Nope, not really. As I said before, I'm not against it, I just don't personally see/feel the need for them.

It's still possible to be a musical pioneer without using drugs. Just look at Frank Zappa and Mike Patton.

Patton and Zappa are both kind-of annoying people

they could both use something to take the edge off

(especially Frank lol being dead sucks)

Nope, not really. As I said before, I'm not against it, I just don't personally see/feel the need for them.

It's still possible to be a musical pioneer without using drugs. Just look at Frank Zappa and Mike Patton.

Patton and Zappa are both kind-of annoying people

Yeah definitely. Probably because they don't do drugs.

its a pretty unpleasant observation that in the real world of my life and personal experience, people who dont take drugs are generally way bigger dickheads than the people i know who do.

I was talking about Aphex, not Zappa or Patton. You're not even curious? That's weird.

There was a lot of LSD in the first years of Mr. Bungle tho, a lot of tripping. :)

I know drug users who are complete cunts. I also know non-users who are complete cunts.

I know drug users who are incredible people. I also know non-users who are incredible people.

One substance isn't going to make someone musically gifted, less annoying, or less of a dickhead.

One substance isn't going to make someone musically gifted, less annoying, or less of a dickhead.

Without coffee in the morning, I'm quite annoying and a bit of a dickhead. Once cafeine is in my blood tho, I become very nice! :)

How can you say this, if you haven't tried any drugs? Is this statement not out of reach for you? I have not tried X, but X isn't going to make someone musically gifted, less annoying, or less of a dickhead. How do you know? And how can you be so sure? :)

I know drug users who are complete cunts. I also know non-users who are complete cunts.

I know drug users who are incredible people. I also know non-users who are incredible people.

were not talking some cases, were talking statistics here! :mu-ziq:

big problem that all "drugs" is under one category basicaly for people who dont do them. heroine is so different then shrooms and pot so different from speeds and extasys etc, alcohol and tobaco is legal but kill the most. i think people who do drugs see world easier and give less fucks as a whole. especially psychodelics. dontu wanna be budda for some time and see how world really works? :emotawesomepm9:

i didnt mean that people need drugs to seriosly dig into aphex! i mean i dont know these people personally, thats it - im sure they exist. like you. and theres absolutly nothing rong in it :wink:

true and let's not kid ourself here, it ruins lives, i seen it make people lose their minds and had some good friends killed by it

i don't think i can imagine a life without tabacco, weed and alcohol myself

if you do drugs, try to keep your head with it and use moderation

-Going to the moon won't change your perspective on life. It's just a rock in space, you know?

-Yeah, but did you go to the moon to test your assumption?

-Nope, why should I? It's just a rock in space.
-But Buzz Aldrin, who walked on the moon, said it drastically changed his life.

-Who cares? It's just a rock in space. It can't change your life.

-How can you say that? You never went to the moon.
-I can't say that but I do say it anyway.

-But why?

-Because I'm just not bothered with the whole thing myself, that's all.

Archived