IGNORED

Aphex Twin, LSD, THC and psilocybin

MassfreeKid

Sarcasm is a dead end in regards to psychedelics, sorry. :) You just don't know what you're making fun of hehe.

If you want to hear what the musicians themselves have to say, the only serious place online that I know is this old thread. Someone has been collecting quotes from artists who openly talk about it, like Aphex. Then again, think about all those who never talked about it...

http://avantgarde-metal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1192

It's a very complex and real phenomenon, musicians, writers, artists, composers, ) etc., using psychedelics, and other drugs as well such as stimulants, to enhance their creativity. It has nothing to do about watmm. :) Instead of making fun of it, inform yourself, it's quite fascinating to be honest! Just think about the history of Jazz and heroin. Watch Ken Burns' great documentary series Jazz for many references.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarcasm is a dead end in regards to psychedelics, sorry. :) You just don't know what you're making fun of hehe.

If you want to hear what the musicians themselves have to say, the only serious place online that I know is this old thread. Someone has been collecting quotes from artists who openly talk about it, like Aphex. Then again, think about all those who never talked about it...

http://avantgarde-metal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1192

It's a very complex and real phenomenon, musicians, writers, artists, composers, ) etc., using psychedelics, and other drugs as well such as stimulants, to enhance their creativity. It has nothing to do about watmm. :) Instead of making fun of it, inform yourself, it's quite fascinating to be honest! Just think about the history of Jazz and heroin. Watch Ken Burns' great documentary series Jazz for many references.

Psychedelics shouldn't be lumped in with things like heroin.

This is partly why cultural attitudes about 'drugs' are the way they are. Many people think that drugs are drugs, that they're all just different flavors of hedonistic degeneracy.

In order to change this erroneous view, distinctions between these substances should be emphasized. Psychedelics and MDMA should be touted as tools for self-discovery, ego-dissolution, a sort-of inner OS update.

(And of course they're good for a pisstake too, but that's like buying an Arp 2600 to make blips and bloops...)

i think he knows what he's making fun of. it's watmm.

+ sarcasm can never be a dead end when it's so funny!

on a more serious note though - i get what vallyinaire (difficult name) is talking about. it's the assumption that you have to share in an artist's experiences to really appreciate their art. i don't believe in this assumption. even though drugs have changed my perception, cognition and focus at times they haven't had a great influence on my appreciation of art.

+ it's impossible to relive somebody else's experiences, esp. if they lived in diff times etc. from all we know people of e.g. ancient greece had a world view that was as alien to ours as say someone living in the middle of the amazon region, shooting spears at planes flying by... still, i appreciate homer (if that was 1 person at all...)!

on the other hand, we all share the most important experiences anyway; be born, eat, drink, sleep, dream, look at sky, listen to wind, communicate, animals, plants, water, get sick etc.

i should prob mention that i'm smoking weed and tobacco on a regular basis which together with tea and coffee are the only drugs i do basically. i am in fact really curious about psychedelics, but funnily enough least of all bc some of my favorite artists have used them, but more from a general mind / world view changing perspective. what prevents me from trying them is anxiety issues which make it possible i won't have the same pleasant experience someone else, e.g. afx has... i'm quite sure though that at some time in the right setting i will give it a try!

so long story short: drugs ARE very interesting! but not for everyone! :cisfor:

distinctions between these substances should be emphasized.

this.

alexander shulgin:

MMDA

MDMA-like drug that gave users ‘eyelid movies’ – completely realistic innervisions. A PIHKAL recipient noted: “Upon closing eyes hallucinations appear to be quite real in 3D, like watching a movie. First these dreams appear in black and white, but later colors start appearing. Chartreuse and magenta first appear, then blue and finally red. First I had visions of large numbers on gaming tables, then people."

from alexander shulgins list of the best drugs he's designed...

something

maybe an insight into the colours of the next afx releases? (<:

DOM

DOM was popularised following the outlawing of LSD in the US. It is said to have sent Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd insane. It filled the emergency wards of Haight-Ashbury in the late 60s with hippy burn-outs who’d overdone it, as it lasts for many hours. It was also known as STP (Serenity, Tranquility, Peace) – and the famously debauched 1972 Stones tour of the US was, some say, named after the drug.

Imminent shit related?!

DOM

DOM was popularised following the outlawing of LSD in the US. It is said to have sent Syd Barrett of Pink Floyd insane. It filled the emergency wards of Haight-Ashbury in the late 60s with hippy burn-outs who’d overdone it, as it lasts for many hours. It was also known as STP (Serenity, Tranquility, Peace) – and the famously debauched 1972 Stones tour of the US was, some say, named after the drug.

Imminent shit related?!

interesting facts about colors and DOM. maybe afex invented BASS that makes you high? that will be single most awesome thing humanity ever made. imagine putting sound systems in every capital city, town, village, everywere. end of wars, hunger, annoying dickheads and pop music. everyone is happy and caring. bad politics have bad trip for rest of their lives. valleynaire rethinks his thoughts on acid and makes second best album in the world. afex pls

I hope it's not DOM, I'm not prepared for 24 hours of stimulation, a meager 10 hours of which spent tripping face and migraines for the last 6 of said 24 hours.

Serenety, Tranquility and Peace - my ass - it's a substituted amp-phenethylamine of the methyl persuasion. I remember being so jacked I could gnaw the head off a puppy.

I ate 4-ACO-DET one time and with this powerfull psychadelic drug the only track I could thinking of was "Funny little man" from CD.

So I had it looped hahha strange experience with a strange Aphex track

Guest progben

I only ever tried shrooms once and it was terrifying. Like, by far the most terrifying experience of my life. Would I do it again? Of course.

I'd definitely stress being in the right place at the right time in the right mood though. I had little/no access to music so the trip went very sour, very quickly.

I have a pretty over-active imagination anyway, I hallucinate a lot even when I'm just a bit tired, so the shrooms just made everything go absolutely insane.

+1 for seeing myself on fire in the mirror, having sex with a lizard and thinking I was in the room with Jez and Mark during an episode of Peep Show though.

there are risks involved with taking drugs. they are quite small in comparison to getting into a car. there are things to look out for if you are curious about drugs. things like mental illness in the family etc. inform yourself and if your curiosity outweighs your trepidation, go for it! do it with good friends and amazing music.

listening to music on psychedelics is amazing, and it completely changes your perception of sound. get some acid and k in the brain and you are in for a magical journey. there are no astounding truths that appear out of thin air, but sometimes very nice realisations can occur, and that can feel quite astounding.

When making music on these substances you def come out with things that you wouldn't have done otherwise....

• 2 weeks later...

Manifesting minds, a review of psychedelics in science, medicine, sex, and spirituality, PhD Rick Doblin's "new" book, which was released in early 2014, will be interesting to some of you. There is a chapter called Electronic music and Psychedelics: an Interview with Simon Posford. It is not only about Simon and Shpongle, but really about the larger link between psychedelics and the rise of electronic music.

http://www.amazon.com/Manifesting-Minds-Psychedelics-Medicine-Spirituality/dp/1583947264

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 6/2/2014 at 2:37 PM, whylessness said:

Bumping this thread to mention that jynweythek isn't a made up word (translates to machine? If I remember correctly), which I guess most people here already know.

It's just funny that anti drug afx fans continue to use this quote when it's most definitely all bullshitting, it even sounds sarcastic like come on..

Come on you cunts

Archived