IGNORED

Aphex Twin, LSD, THC and psilocybin

MassfreeKid

LSD, 4-HO/ACO-DMT, Mescaline, the TMA-x series of phenethylamines, ergoloids akin to LSD and MDMA are pretty much the only psychedelics worth doing IMO.

The 2c series is garbage along with half the beta-keys and low dose alkylated phenethylamine derivatives. The substituted amped-phenethylamines were fun, but they just take so long to come up and last for fucking ever, DOM was the best out of them and it's been years since I've seen the Chinese whip up a batch of that illegal sum-bitch, they'd rather stick to the lamer halogenated sisters of it. There is no spirit in them, possibly due to the lack of ego dissolution that I seek from heavy dose psychedelics.

People know there are other psychedelics, but if you can get the real bad-boys, it makes the other research chems look like garbage.

you seem to know your chemistry, but your taste in psychedelics is extremely questionable .

"there is no spirit to them" serious? And you've done a lot of these 2c drugs and still come to this conclusion? the 'only' psychedelics worth doing include only tryptamines and phenethylamines? That seems kind of closed minded, no?

Yeesh, I may have made a mistake by having an opinion here... :mellow:

Yes, I am entirely serious. The 2c-series aside from 2c-e and 2c-b were pretty much worthless to me other than visual intensity and the occasional nice 'amped' body feeling. I have tested most in the series aside from some of the more odd 2c-t's like the -4 and -21 subs. I used to be a heavy psychedelic user until about two years ago when a very good friend went to jail. I found the best experiences I have ever had were off the ones listed above. Seriously, 100%, not joking, it's called an opinion :mellow:

Note- I am referring entirely to serotogenic agonists when I say 'psychedelics' - I should have been more specific. Dissociative anesthetics, deleriants, GABA fuckery and all non 5-HT receptor related fun chemicals are not included in that list, they are a different boat, merely listing the phenethylamines and tryptamines I find to be the best. (yes I realize that MDMA is technically an entactogen, but it's still a 5-ht agonist to an extent and when you use it in combos like I tend to, it adds flavor)

It can't be close minded if you've done most of them multiple times with a very open mind.

(I studied organic chemistry until I realized that it was opening a proverbial illegal pandoras box, so my chem is up to snuff :beer: )

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LSD, 4-HO/ACO-DMT, Mescaline, the TMA-x series of phenethylamines, ergoloids akin to LSD and MDMA are pretty much the only psychedelics worth doing IMO.

The 2c series is garbage along with half the beta-keys and low dose alkylated phenethylamine derivatives. The substituted amped-phenethylamines were fun, but they just take so long to come up and last for fucking ever, DOM was the best out of them and it's been years since I've seen the Chinese whip up a batch of that illegal sum-bitch, they'd rather stick to the lamer halogenated sisters of it. There is no spirit in them, possibly due to the lack of ego dissolution that I seek from heavy dose psychedelics.

People know there are other psychedelics, but if you can get the real bad-boys, it makes the other research chems look like garbage.

Why would I do 4-ACO-DMT when I can just do mushrooms? =S

Also I don't see any problems with the 2cs. 45 minutes come up, often 6-8hrs trip, predictable high, etc. Also no idea what you're talking about there being no "spirit" in them, and the ego dissolution comment also makes no sense to me (as that is not my experience).

In short, shit post blysky, shit post. :emotawesomepm9:

(Honestly, it sounds like you've just had bad experiences with them or something, or are maybe a little biased which might be affecting your trip.... I've done LSD, a bunch of the 2cs, san pedro (edit: I think I've done this but it's hard to say from the trip, it could have been a few things and it wasn't from the most reputable guy lol), dmt etc and can say they've all had their strong points. There's a reason the 2Cs are part of Shulgin's magical dozen dude lol.)

(p.s. ILY StephenG, not trying to be a total douche, re-reading this, I had to clarify)

DOUCHE CANOE

lol jk. My experiences are just different than yours. Having had such great, enlightening experiences on the 2C series I'm just floored to hear you think they're garbage!

Everyone has their favorites I guess. With your experience you've picked out the rcs that are to your taste. I'm sure my tastes will change over the years.

So uh the amazon san pedro thing...is that viable?...you know theoretically speaking...

I've done it several times, PM me if you have questions about the procedure

I think that drugs certainly had an indirect influence on the music RDJ has written, that is, drugs such as psychedelics can certainly change you and (for me at least) open up new doorways to the creative process, which you can explore while sober... however, while his music is certainly incredible while listened to on substances, I doubt he's ever written anything really good while under the influence of psychedelics, as that would be kind of difficult to coordinate and carry out while you're tripping balls. That being said I do like writing music while I'm stoned, and usually it ends up sounding pretty good, almost on par with stuff I've written sober.

Also you have to consider much of SAW II was taken from lucid dreams... which is a lot like tripping from my experience.

Having test all the substances mentioned here (with exception of the exotic ergoloids and mescaline) my basket of eggs if full of 2c`s, probably the most perfect molecules of all times.

Also 4-aco-dmt>mushies, because less nausea, less sedating, more spark

Anyway I haven´t found nothing in pihkal or tihkal that I haven´t known and love so much. DEP Sasha!

2ce (or 2ci, not sure which I had) was the single most unpleasant experience of my life. Not saying that it is bad, objectively, but I found it to be completely unworthy of trust or respect. That drug raped my mind in an unfriendly way. It was mostly my fault for setting, and also thinking it was MDMA. So yes, it is understandable and maybe not the drug's fault. Still, absolutely not recommended. Well, maybe if you can handle it in a positive setting.

For me: salvia, shrooms, weed for rare occasions.nstill want to try DMT but needs to be a very positive setting.

All research chemicals and dirty, weird stuff can fuck off. Except lsd, for no real reason.

Adderall for music, in theory, except you develop a tolerance that eventually decimates your creativity and ability to focus in the long run.

2ce was the most visually beautiful thing ive ever seen, but it made my belly ache in a very strange and persistent way, for hours after the trip aswell.

2ce (or 2ci, not sure which I had) was the single most unpleasant experience of my life. Not saying that it is bad, objectively, but I found it to be completely unworthy of trust or respect. That drug raped my mind in an unfriendly way. It was mostly my fault for setting, and also thinking it was MDMA. So yes, it is understandable and maybe not the drug's fault. Still, absolutely not recommended. Well, maybe if you can handle it in a positive setting.

For me: salvia, shrooms, weed for rare occasions.nstill want to try DMT but needs to be a very positive setting.

All research chemicals and dirty, weird stuff can fuck off. Except lsd, for no real reason.

Adderall for music, in theory, except you develop a tolerance that eventually decimates your creativity and ability to focus in the long run.

Use modafinil instead of adderrall. It isn't euphoria inducing so it gives you focus but doesn't burn you out emotionally. I've been down the path of using meth recreationally and using adderall/amphetamine for productivity and I got that huge creative burn out after about one year of it. I got off all that stuff and it took me about 6 months to a year to get back to feeling normal and get back to being my usual manically creative self. So I stayed away from that stuff for a while and just used other stuff from time to time as well as marijuana which I feel is extremely useful for being creative, but usually only effective when you are in a comfort zone. But anyway, modafinil is completely superior to adderall or any other amphetamine. I've used both adderall and modafinil recently and my opinion is still accurate. Adderall is not good to take regularly in my opinion. The only real downside to modafinil is that it lasts a LONG time so you really have to be cognizant of that and focus on keeping your sleep schedule appropriate. Anyway, you can buy it safely at modup.net.

So uh the amazon san pedro thing...is that viable?...you know theoretically speaking...

I've done it several times, PM me if you have questions about the procedure

Any idea if the plants necessary for ayahuasca can be got like san pedro?

^^^ yes, they are easily obtained, but be warned, the alkaloid levels of the natural ingredients fluctuate wildly, I added a bit too much syrian rue to one batch and it was waaaay too intense on the MAOI side and wigged the shit out of an already hardcore batch.

A simple google search will yield the ingredients and they are not illegal to possess/buy/sell afaik.

Also, with the San Pedro thing. Look for Peruvian Torch cactus if you can, the cactus tends to be higher in alkaloid content. Don't make some lemon juice slurry, it's very, very easy to perform an A/B extraction and then purify if you have even a rudimentary knowledge of chemistry. Your stomach will thank you and it only takes (about) 6 hours from start to finish. I did an extraction on 2 kilos with a friend years back and it yielded 8 grams of fluffy and eggshell-white cacti-fun. The secret is keeping the PH of the base around 12 to 11. Some people go as far up as 14, but via the Henderson-Hasselbach equation you find that mescaline (pKa 9.56) will be deprotonated at almost 100% when you hit the PH of 11.56. (deprotonated = freebase = soluble in non polar solvent = little to no loss of possible product)

This thread is WAAAY off track and I know I didn't help (or am helping at all by offering horrible advice) so... yeah, I'm out

:cerious:

Use modafinil instead of adderrall. It isn't euphoria inducing so it gives you focus but doesn't burn you out emotionally. I've been down the path of using meth recreationally and using adderall/amphetamine for productivity and I got that huge creative burn out after about one year of it. I got off all that stuff and it took me about 6 months to a year to get back to feeling normal and get back to being my usual manically creative self. So I stayed away from that stuff for a while and just used other stuff from time to time as well as marijuana which I feel is extremely useful for being creative, but usually only effective when you are in a comfort zone. But anyway, modafinil is completely superior to adderall or any other amphetamine. I've used both adderall and modafinil recently and my opinion is still accurate. Adderall is not good to take regularly in my opinion. The only real downside to modafinil is that it lasts a LONG time so you really have to be cognizant of that and focus on keeping your sleep schedule appropriate. Anyway, you can buy it safely at modup.net.

Yeah, moda is fantastic. PS there are some new (non-scheduled) moda analogs hitting the market within a month or so which are supposedly twice as effective.

i've tried modafinil two times (both 30 day regimens) while it gives me the energy i need it completely kills my creativity and thinking, it turns me into a robot that is programed to do boring tasks

i've tried modafinil two times (both 30 day regimens) while it gives me the energy i need it completely kills my creativity and thinking, it turns me into a robot that is programed to do boring tasks

That's how I feel on adderall. You could try lowering your dose. The only issue I've run into with modafinil is adrenal fatigue brought on by bad sleep schedules and mixing it with coffee a lot.

Yeah, moda is fantastic. PS there are some new (non-scheduled) moda analogs hitting the market within a month or so which are supposedly twice as effective.

I honestly can't comprehend what twice as effective would mean.

Richard James is quite partial to artificially-induced ‘altered states’, too. He smokes a lot of dope, which must make staying awake more challenging, but also explains the marvellous intricacy of his bass-and-percussion patterns.

"I'm always stoned. I like it cos it's like turning a switch in your head. I like to make stuff in all kinds of different states. I like listening to music tripping, cos it's the only way I can get out of that musician mentality where you're thinking about how it's constructed, what equipment they're using. You just feel like a sad bastard when you do that, and the only way to turn that off and to stop taking it apart is to be totally off your head."

Source: http://thequietus.com/articles/04483-simon-reynolds-interview-with-aphex-twin-melody-maker-1993-warp

^^^ yes, they are easily obtained, but be warned, the alkaloid levels of the natural ingredients fluctuate wildly, I added a bit too much syrian rue to one batch and it was waaaay too intense on the MAOI side and wigged the shit out of an already hardcore batch.

A simple google search will yield the ingredients and they are not illegal to possess/buy/sell afaik.

Also, with the San Pedro thing. Look for Peruvian Torch cactus if you can, the cactus tends to be higher in alkaloid content. Don't make some lemon juice slurry, it's very, very easy to perform an A/B extraction and then purify if you have even a rudimentary knowledge of chemistry. Your stomach will thank you and it only takes (about) 6 hours from start to finish. I did an extraction on 2 kilos with a friend years back and it yielded 8 grams of fluffy and eggshell-white cacti-fun. The secret is keeping the PH of the base around 12 to 11. Some people go as far up as 14, but via the Henderson-Hasselbach equation you find that mescaline (pKa 9.56) will be deprotonated at almost 100% when you hit the PH of 11.56. (deprotonated = freebase = soluble in non polar solvent = little to no loss of possible product)

This thread is WAAAY off track and I know I didn't help (or am helping at all by offering horrible advice) so... yeah, I'm out

:cerious:

Interesting information. I think this thread developed quite nicely.

imagine being that guy in hooty and the blowfish and dropping acid and realizing. oh shit, i suck, what have i done.

we have drugs to thank for so much of the most amazing music, art. and science

drugs such as psychedelics can certainly change you and (for me at least) open up new doorways to the creative process, which you can explore while sober...

Absolutely, I feel like strong psychadelics are a bit like playing Blackjack with your brain, with a permanent outcome. I feel fortunate to have won a set so i'm gonna take my money and stick with weed for eternity. :biggrin:

simon reynolds needs to fuck off, this quote makes everything he says suspect "and Universal Indicator is well worth avoiding"

he is not my friend

So, to those who have answered, do you think that Aphex music is psychedelic? Meaning: it "works" in a psychedelic state of mind. Personally, SAW-II and I care because you do are some of my favourites. I remember, once, when Pigeon Street started completely out of the blue, while we were listening, out of our mind, to Caustic Window's Compilation album... I think we laughed our ass off for an hour or so, putting it on repeat. Richard has something of a playful child, he really did bring us back to our childhood on that night. But SAW-II and I care are serious albums, they're not funny. But in some srange, unexplainable way, they seem to come from the same space that psychedelics put you in.

Guest pafr

you seem to know your chemistry, but your taste in psychedelics is extremely questionable .

"there is no spirit to them" serious? And you've done a lot of these 2c drugs and still come to this conclusion? the 'only' psychedelics worth doing include only tryptamines and phenethylamines? That seems kind of closed minded, no?

Yeesh, I may have made a mistake by having an opinion here... :mellow:

Yes, I am entirely serious. The 2c-series aside from 2c-e and 2c-b were pretty much worthless to me other than visual intensity and the occasional nice 'amped' body feeling. I have tested most in the series aside from some of the more odd 2c-t's like the -4 and -21 subs. I used to be a heavy psychedelic user until about two years ago when a very good friend went to jail. I found the best experiences I have ever had were off the ones listed above. Seriously, 100%, not joking, it's called an opinion :mellow:

Note- I am referring entirely to serotogenic agonists when I say 'psychedelics' - I should have been more specific. Dissociative anesthetics, deleriants, GABA fuckery and all non 5-HT receptor related fun chemicals are not included in that list, they are a different boat, merely listing the phenethylamines and tryptamines I find to be the best. (yes I realize that MDMA is technically an entactogen, but it's still a 5-ht agonist to an extent and when you use it in combos like I tend to, it adds flavor)

It can't be close minded if you've done most of them multiple times with a very open mind.

(I studied organic chemistry until I realized that it was opening a proverbial illegal pandoras box, so my chem is up to snuff :beer: )

I've only done 2ci and 2cb out of the 2c family. They are very different, but both were less visually psychedelic and more body than mushroom or acid. Done 2cb many times, best erogenous drug I've tried. 2ci gave me a rather creepy/scary body high. It's not scary in the sense that I was in a bad trip. The creepy body high feeling is consistent every time I did it, and most intense during the coming up. Funny thing is one time I decided to drop 2ci and play Dead Space, thought that'd be super exciting. Turned out that it made the game less scary. Stopped playing after a few minutes since I wasn't even enjoying it then. Actually I don't think creepy/scary is the best way to describe it. hmm... the best way to describe it is an intense high/coming up that has less the feeling good/happy part of 2cb or MDMA, so it's mostly just intense, and maybe that's why it's a bit scary without so much of the feeling good.

Archived