IGNORED

Caribou - Our Love

Mossbot

Awesome, love some mo' Caribou. October is a long time away though! Guess it gives him time to release a single or 2 and let the pitchfuck hype machine work it's magic.

Gorgeous first track, its been swimming around my head a ton these days. Feels so summery though, which makes it a bummer that we have to wait till October. Oh well, it may ride a great end-of-summer nostalgia vibe

in the meantime..

Cant dooo without, cant dooouu without

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

encouraging :emotawesomepm9: pray tell how does it rate up with his other albums? Intrigued by the electronic angle as my tastes seem to be contary to the popular opinion - loved Start Breaking & Milk; liked Swim & the daphni comp enough; though while I can appreciate them I just never have gotten into flames and andorra as much (both too saccharine, but that's just mhotalk).

Anyway I'm sure pitchfork are going to spooge themselves over this regardless, even if it's just him farting into a field mic for 45 min

I'm not familiar with all his stuff but from what I've listened to, he's followed a very similar path to that of four tet in that he started as more acoustic electronic music and has gradually shifted from jazzy math rock toward more dance type tunes.

I would say this is most like swim but more melancholic.

The first half of that title track is just lushness epitomized. But then i'm really not quite sure where he's going with the second half.. But it may grow on me.

The Daphni album grew on me like no other. And when im the right mood all of his work as daphni/caribou/manitoba is just the greatest shit ever. Pretty stoked to hear this full album

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived