IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

Guest iniquity blues

I really liked the concept too. Oh well. I don't know what to think of people who think this album is "amazing" or whatever. I don't think we could be friends. How can I find mischief and adventure with people who are distracted by mediocre shiny objects when we're in a fucking jungle of mysticism and raw spiritual balls-out epiphanies that purge your soul into a river that the gods take you down on a raft of musical enlightenment? Shit just does NOT compute. I'm sorry. You don't find that just anywhere. Not in a damn coffee shop full of milquetoast motherfuckers who can't commit to shit. You gotta get out there and get dirty son. Filthy, even. Take risks, get poison ivy on your dick and feel the passage of time wash over you from out of a woman's eyes who may have been your wife 1000 years ago. Give birth to entire villages even if you're a dude. Sacrifice yourself to an active volcano on a whim. But for fucks sake do not tell me this thing that barely registers to the senses is amazing. Come. On. People. Shake a little hot sauce on it at least. Fuck.

This is my favorite post on WATMM thus far. Especially the part about how you don't think you could be friends with "them."

Personally, I get this 27 second strangely-apropos-to-the-subject-matter video stuck in my head more often than I do Tomorrow's Harvest,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyckHw2z8OU

I loved it and still do. Being closely involved with the whole viral campaign I'd say I'm a bit unvoluntarily biased though. The whole viral campaign consumed a lot of my free time in keeping it all up-to-date on bocpages. For several months it was literally like "eat - sleep - boc - repeat" but no regrets at all. Glad to be part of an amazing experience which I got to share with a lot of like minded people.

This album does not yet (and will never I think) surpass my personal favourite 'Geogaddi' but it's getting damn close though. I love the somber theme of this concept album and it already contains a couple of all-time favourites.

• Jacquard Causeway because the tiny little melody that starts at approx 2min46sec is so damn beautiful it almost makes me cry.
  • Nothing is Real because it's so beautiful on its own. Classic boc.

Really looking forward to a followup EP. I hope we get one. New Clear Dawn would still be an amazing EP title.

This thread inspired me to make some new polls, feel free to vote @ http://bit.ly/bocpages-polls

So what part of this album is going over our heads? The hidden Easter eggs?

subtle modulation of texture, a more pronounced influence in minimal and drone music. probably more reverb than they've ever used. there are less sounds darting all over tracks for decoration, but more being done with the sounds they use in terms of filter and effects modulation - it's just not as in your face and overt as before. it's a relaxed, aged and wise boc taking a more spacey and subtle approach to composition. asking me to find specific examples is naieve to my point - i would say the whole thing, dingus :p

for me it's a concept album both in theme and sound. that isn't to be glowing and ass-kissy either cus there are plenty of albums where I'd say the same thing, I just mean that each track individually is part of a bigger concept. I'm not bothered too much about the literal 'story' they're trying to tell, I mean concept purely in a musical sense. I think it's a pretty cohesive exploration of a more distant sound, as if their previous albums were more earthly and with TH you are watching them from space. same detail with less foreground but more concept.

obviously this is all merely my point of view, and perhaps you acknowledge some of my points but maintain it's still not interesting enough for you. that's totally fine with me and that's all what taste is about.

I genuinely enjoyed your esoteric post just then, but if there is sincerity to it I hope you don't really judge people for liking something you don't. it has a far more malicious vibe than the opposite. it kind of becomes more your own problem of intolerance than the people who are digging this album or whatever else it is you dislike.

hurrah!! great post meshy

This thread inspired me to make some new polls, feel free to vote @ http://bit.ly/bocpages-polls

while polls are cool and all, I really hope that no-one will take the results of this poll as any kind of evidence that shows the general climate towards this album, for reasons that should be blatantly obvious.

Tomorrow's Harvest is slightly cheesy but it grew on me. The concept was disappointing and the campaign bordered on the grotesque but the album is still solid.

I have to say, though, that the weakness of the concept negatively affects any interpretation of their previous albums. I thought they were serious about memory, about how what appears as background noise is a part of the reproduction of the world as it is, and about how the presence in an artistic work of the possibilities of another time makes said work have a powerful impact, but in the end I wonder whether their techniques aren't contrived and cosmetic. They've also turned techno anonymity into teasing celebrity tactics, which is disgusting.

Anyway, Palace Posy and Jacquard Causeway are great tracks. No way they're worse than a piece of insurance commercial fodder like Dayvan Cowboy.

Edited by poblequadrat

while polls are cool and all, I really hope that no-one will take the results of this poll as any kind of evidence that shows the general climate towards this album, for reasons that should be blatantly obvious.
What reason should be blatantly obvious? Looking at the poll right now I can see the majority of votes being in the 7+ range whilst there's still a substantial in the 4- region. I do think the majority will be in the upper regions but I suppose you think that's to be expected because it's mainly boc fans making their vote known and chance is high they'll give a good rating.

Anyway I do think the poll will still give an accurate insight in what the boc fan really thinks about TH.

What reason should be blatantly obvious? Looking at the poll right now I can see the majority of votes being in the 7+ range whilst there's still a substantial in the 4- region. I do think the majority will be in the upper regions but I suppose you think that's to be expected because it's mainly boc fans making their vote known and chance is high they'll give a good rating.

Anyway I do think the poll will still give an accurate insight in what the boc fan twoism community / WATMM BoC subforum really thinks about TH.

edited for emphasis.

fact is - your site has the most notoriety with fans that are, shall we say, a bit obsessive with regard to BoC. hence the results will be skewed, and as such cannot scientifically be regarded as evidence of anything other than the consensus of opinion between a niche of obsessive listeners.

Edited by oscillik

Anyway I do think the poll will still give an accurate insight in what the boc fan twoism community / WATMM BoC subforum really thinks about TH.

edited for emphasis.

fact is - your site has the most notoriety with fans that are, shall we say, a bit obsessive with regard to BoC. hence the results will be skewed, and as such cannot scientifically be regarded as evidence of anything other than the consensus of opinion between a niche of obsessive listeners.

Ok, I see and agree in a way. But even the obsessive subset of boc fans are entitled to their own choices in these kind of polls. And apparently they aren't all in favor of one particular outcome. Being obsessive doesn't imply automatically a high rating will be given. Also I think obsessive fans might even be more critical in rating.

Anyway it doesn't really matter. Reviews, polls,... What matters is what people personally think about any given album. The rest should not be that important.

essentially osc is scared that people might like this album

wrong.

now who's trolling?

He might be. But I'd rather have you respond to my previous post. Love to hear your thoughts on that.

essentially osc is scared that people might like this album

wrong.

now who's trolling?

He might be. But I'd rather have you respond to my previous post. Love to hear your thoughts on that.

what's to respond to? You say that you "agree in a way", which means that you disavow science.

not much I can say if someone is going to disavow science.

what's to respond to? You say that you "agree in a way", which means that you disavow science.

Ok. I think it's better we end it here then. I thought we could have had a nice debate, but clearly that's just only my thought. Case closed for me.

Ok. I think it's better we end it here then. I thought we could have had a nice debate, but clearly that's just only my thought. Case closed for me.

debates are always fun until a participant stopped feeling it's fun, then he/she can stop.

Now that I can agree with. It's weird to me 'cause I've never really been a BOC fan before this album, so I went in with few preconceptions. Just heard good music that connected with me in ways that the other stuff of theirs never had. The pre-release stuff was fun to watch, but it didn't have the same hype-effect it did on many, I guess. There were plenty of comments earlier in this thread that seemed let down partly because the pre-release fun had gotten them so worked up. Poor folks, it's a solid alvum, but each to their own.

Online polls for opinions about how much the people liked an album are essentially useless. Duh.

Still not getting this really. What is in fact a proper way to gauge people's feelings about the album then?

Do take in mind the polls I created are advertised on bocpages.org too, so it's not like only people from twoism or watmm are voting. The idea was to capture what boc fans think of the new album. I am not trying to troll over here but really interested in knowing why a poll isn't reliable according to you guys.

Current status of my latest three polls:

pgrYYYB.jpg

There's also 1720 people that voted on their favourite track from TH. Doesn't this say anything if you look at the results below?

nyeJJ5g.jpg

Edited by Fredd-E

I just had a landline call with Nate Silver. He calculated there's an 87,6% chance Oscilik will respond to the previous post in an argumentative manner.

2 or 3 on this poll. Well if you went to a gay bar and asked what people thought about gay marriage and adopting kids, would that be an accurate representation of what an entire country thinks? People are allowed to like this album but you don't have to keep brainwashing them lol.

What we have here is one of those situations where you're at some kind of family gathering and everyone is passing around a baby saying it's beautiful but you know damn well that baby is not beautiful.

2 or 3 on this poll. Well if you went to a gay bar and asked what people thought about gay marriage and adopting kids, would that be an accurate representation of what an entire country thinks? People are allowed to like this album but you don't have to keep brainwashing them lol.

What we have here is one of those situations where you're at some kind of family gathering and everyone is passing around a baby saying it's beautiful but you know damn well that baby is not beautiful.

Your premise is false. Did I ever state I want to know what the entire world thinks of Tomorrow's Harvest? Of course not. I'd like to gauge the BoC community's stance on this album, because they are my target audience: the visitors of bocpages.org and the members of the fan communities like WATMM and Twoism. And in this setting I do think the polls I host are giving us a pretty good insight in what the boc community thinks about the album.