IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

I love that this album goes so well with the desert as a setting. I don't often listen to it in entirety but I go back and listen to sections regularly. Especially the first and last few tracks. It's great driving music, especially if you live somewhere bleak.

yep.. my vid:

lush! that's my favorite track on the album

totally agree on this vibe, listened to this in Cloudcroft, NM and it was perfectly suited to that locale

• 2 weeks later...

I am WAAAAY late to the BOC fan club... But over the last two months, I've really started clicking with their music.

I don't know why I ever thought it was (please don't hate me) cheesy, but listening now, Tomorrow's Harvest, Live in Sussex @ ATP, MHTRTC and especially Geogaddi are all able to take me on incredible journeys through wonderful sonic territory.

These are the only albums / live shows that I have so far, but I am, now (finally?), quickly becoming a fan of their work. I'm definitely excited to dive into more of their work & live shows.

=D

listen to the old tunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KvK0F860Xk

Great stuff! Thank you for pointing it out...

I just snagged Twoism and Campfire Headphase off Amazon. Should be here in a couple weeks... Can't believe how cheap they were (for the CDs).

Hoping for a repress of Boc Maxima sometime in the near future... =X

I've only listened on YT, but WOWZERS (yeah, good enough to make me pull out THAT word...) - love the crunchy-ness.

=D

And the 'Few Old Tunes' collections...

It was quite jarring. Especially V2...

Overall a great release.  I'm still surprised by my initial interpretation of Reach for the Dead when the single came out before the album.  At first I thought it was an ok, new BoC style track...and now I think it is truly one for the ages.  There's not many tracks that have blown me away like that one.

I'd rate this a solid 5 bags of buttered popcorn.

Are you a #gregghead or a #timhead?

i've def warmed up to tomorrow's harvest. i listened to it today all the way through while gardening. it's unique.

i dunno if it's just me but the first half sounds like a movie soundtrack, then palace posy hits and that's an "intermission track". then it continues but the mood changes to more serious, like it belongs in a documentary about climate change or something that BOC would be concerned about.

Edited by yek

• 1 month later...

5 years old today, jeez does time ever fly

haven't heard it in its entirety since last year I think.. most tracks are in rotation tho :)

these a lovely thing:

Edited by MIXL2

• 2 weeks later...

Think I mentioned before imo it's a very good album but hasn't ever thrown any surprises at me during repeated plays. It does what it says on the side of the tin and lacks the depth of their other releases. Which isn't such a bad thing because if I want an instant 'hit' of BoC I pick up TH, whereas their other albums I have to be that certain frame of mind to sit, listen, concentrate and navigate through all the layers. 

This is a very good album. I'm still hearing small subtle things in it I'd not noticed, or had but forgot about (despite the fact I listen to it every month or so probably in pieces or altogether).

Their whole discography's been my soundtrack for the heatwave we've been having in the small seaside holiday town I live in..... driving the kids around to beaches and getting ice-creams... theyre starting to ask for "that song that goes la-dee-dum "

Their whole discography's been my soundtrack for the heatwave we've been having in the small seaside holiday town I live in..... driving the kids around to beaches and getting ice-creams... theyre starting to ask for "that song that goes la-dee-dum "

sounds perfect

what you have described is kindasorta my dream. can I ask where do you live?

It sounds like they accomplished what they set out to do..perfect theme music to the Bayer-Monsanto merger.

I was always into Campfire headphase unlike the majority so I guess that's why I get it..

Darker times, themes..

Do you live in Bray by any chance? I was visiting there in mid 2016.

• 1 month later...

If you live in the South of England the last few months its most definitely the time to spin TH. Precisely halfway through on another woozy, scorching hot afternoon and it sounds tip-top perfecto.

Pass me a mojito please!

Edited by beerwolf

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Almost six years now. C'mon guys!

I like how they joked in one of the interviews back then that a new release is not going to take another ten years

I like how they joked in one of the interviews back then that a new release is not going to take another ten years

Didn't seem like a joke at the time. They had a convincing humorless nihilist thing going on in a lot of those TH interviews. I was actually hopeful they would release more musics. : ( 

Looks like its another night of 'Oirectine' on repeat, three 40s of Colt 45, and a box of tissues to cry and fap into. 

jk

jk