IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

On 9/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, auxien said:

sweet! will be checking in to some of those composers, i've heard of a couple but i'm very ignorant of soundtrack type stuff

their Societas mix is a good insight on the library music, sound track, and new age-y music they draw from

there's a fairly niche but consistent scene of people doing horror OST italo-disco and arpeggio heavy darkwave stuff akin john carpenter. I put out a couple tapes by Ryan Harris that were very much in that vein. VHS head and phonoghosts hit on this sound a lot. more direct in terms of influence are artists like umberto, gatekeeper, zombi, older xander harris, stuff like this 

the broader new age / ambient / space music / soundtrack music / etc. they harken in terms of genres overlapped a lot back then, def check out labels reissuing or digitizing that stuff - sounds of the dawn, ultravillage, numero group, light in the attic, leaving records, etc

• 3 weeks later...

First listened to Reach for the Dead on its day of release on shared headphones with my best pal in a tent in north Wales while it absolutely pissed down. Loved it then, love the album even more now. It took me a minute at the time, but now I think this is the best BoC release. So glad they changed their sound and we got something fresh, as bleak as it can be at times. Also glad to see its seemingly getting more love round these parts after all these years. As thumbass said, New Seeds/Come to Dust is a duo for the electronica ages.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jacquard Causeway is the most powerful moment on the LP for me. Early on Palace Posy took that spot and Jacquard was the odd one out. Split Your Infinities is up there as well. Cold Earth is the most 'fan service'y track BoC have released :p

8 hours ago, Candiru said:

never liked Jacquard Causeway

I really really enjoy the way the melody builds, I wonder if they actually just had a delay w really long feedback and just built on it

1 hour ago, jules said:

Come to Dust is a masterpiece 

+1

Jacquard is probably my number 2 and definitely the most bold  thing on the album. As far as fan service-y I would say Nothing is Real. It has the types of sounds and melodies people most associate with BoC, imo. A good track too.

• 3 weeks later...

Could do with a new album (just saying don't shoot me!) I guess they have been a little busy (a few top class remixes), Peel Session since that Radio Silence caper. 

I get to the point when I look at the few BOC albums and EP's on my shelf and slowly puff out a whistle of boredom, and just think I need some extra ingredient for the BOCauldron. That time has arrived.

Edited by beer badger
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, beer badger said:

Could do with a new album (just saying don't shoot me!) I guess they have been a little busy (a few top class remixes), Peel Session since that Radio Silence caper. 

I get to the point when I look at the few BOC albums and EP's on my shelf and slowly puff out a whistle of boredom, and just think I need something extra ingredient for the BOCauldron. That time has arrived.

Fall/Winter would be a great time for a BOC album to be released...

• Burger 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

this album should be the official soundtrack to the current world crisis. nothing captures the overall unsettled mood and paranoia we are all experiencing better than TH. listening to TH outside on a warm, bright, sunny day = a no go, but listening to it inside locked doors on a cold, cloudy day during a world-wide pandemic = perfect fit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zero said:

this album should be the official soundtrack to the current world crisis. nothing captures the overall unsettled mood and paranoia we are all experiencing better than TH. listening to TH outside on a warm, bright, sunny day = a no go, but listening to it inside locked doors on a cold, cloudy day during a world-wide pandemic = perfect fit.

Indeed.. Just sitting down home in the night and listen to this album while Im thinking of all the dead empty streets and closed bars and stores makes a perfect fit. 

Yes and sunny days for me is totally The Campfire Headphace. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've listened to this album more than any BOC album by a long shot. The highs aren't as high and the low's aren't as low as previous efforts, but the bleak.. sort of held back vibe works for me, quite a bit. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

God damn this album only becomes more and more prescient. 

In b4 the whole world catches up w/"reach for the dead" video. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, auxien said:

the amount of attention to detail on this album is absolutely insane. masterwork in sound and mix and so forth. seriously.

Couldn’t agree more, they really are next-level when it comes to this. You can tell how much they want this album to be absorbed as a whole. I’d say next to Geogaddi this is the album gets the most start-to-finish complete play throughs for me, personally.

• Like 3