IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

Well I think its a masterpiece and it's getting a lot of play as the Summer takes hold. So many lush magic moments...

"Listen"

(I do skip a few tracks tho :/......the 2 ending with y.. )

I've listened less than 10 times. That doesn't mean it's bad, but I was distracted by other, better (imo) IDM releases in the past year.

Guest Gravity

It sort of upsets me that after waiting so long for it, I barely listen to it at all. I was so hyped up when it first came out that I was enjoying it on a different level, but after that died down it went away unfortunately. Never would I have thought that my least listened to album the year it got released would be new boards. Glad to see there are tons who like it tho.

That said, there are certainly some good tracks on there. It just doesn't agree with me overall. A lot of artists have a release that I/a lot of fans aren't in to, the difference here is that this one is soooo spaced out compared to other bands. So I don't think they've "lost it" or anything.

Edited by Gravity

BoC never had a large 'replay-ability' imo, so I try to keep this album special and listen to it very occassionally.

Really listened it too much the first weeks it was out (then it also got a bit ruined because me and some friends were constantly joking about the FFFTUNG snaredrum on Jacquard Causeway) which made me ignore the album for a long while. Few weeks ago I put it on again and I loved it more than TCH and maybe Geogaddi (but I 'played those out' completely).

Guest jasondonervan

Can't believe it's been a year... and this was where I was when I first listened to TH, lazing on a hillside in the early morning summer sun... definitely an album I'll always associate with the summer months, much like Geogaddi (MHTRTC = Winter, Campfire Headphase = Autumn).

iboblqTR9jdap0.JPG

ixe38LuFFlETs.JPG

iueqxP9hMIjLL.JPG

i1gzKKQJp3nFk.JPG

iMZzQYUXjcC6s.JPG

ibmqRTVwcdZFdF.JPG

isYE37ZjkfAAT.JPG

Back last year, I was pretty vocal about my disappointment with it - which probably accounts for the the abuse on here I got as a result.

I still stand behind what I said at the time. This was a very disappointing release because it seemed as if so much of it was phoned in. There were a great many tracks where it seemed like the band were just treading water and only the occasional moment of real undefinable magic.

Although it was probably out of their hands, I found the whole hype thing unnecessary and it also didn't help the eventual release which didn't live up to all the pre-release hoopla.

Yeah, I know it's all pain-staking work to perfect the sound and mood of a record but there is just no way a record of (arguably) middling quality should take 8 years.

I still think they are best electronic band I've heard in nearly twenty years but TH rates at the very bottom of their canon, at least for me.

What I find more worrying is a trend that doesn't seem to be going away - the stretches between albums is getting longer and longer and the overall quality is getting weaker.

I know there a lot of fanboys on here but, well that's just the way I found it. Your mileage may vary (which of course it should).

If you loved it, that's fine too.

the only track I really like on the album is still Semena Mertvykh. the rest of the album is incredibly disappointing. the hype train was fucking retarded.

I agree with those who love it.... and i thinks its very replayable as mentioned.........subtle echos, snippets, vocals, feelings, furtive glances, moments. I think the mood they captured ..... decay, encroachment, man vs nature etc is amazing.

I think the hype was well executed and have found memories of being a a part of it as a I enjoyed the ride.

Guest Gravity

^^ lol

I did like the hype train though... I thought it was fun, and it also played into what they knew a portion of their fanbase would absolutely gush over. Twoism (as well as a lot here) had a ball. :biggrin: