IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

struggle to listen from start to finish, but there are at least 8 or 9 great tracks on this,would have made 2 awesome ep,s! no denying i find some of the tracks a bit bland

Absolutely this. I always put it on after a few months break and think after a few tracks - 'Woah, this is excellent - why don't I listen to it more'. But by the time I'm about half way through my mind is just wandering.

If they lost some of the tracks towards the end and maybe tweaked the track order I think it'd considerably improve the album

struggle to listen from start to finish, but there are at least 8 or 9 great tracks on this,would have made 2 awesome ep,s! no denying i find some of the tracks a bit bland

Absolutely this. I always put it on after a few months break and think after a few tracks - 'Woah, this is excellent - why don't I listen to it more'.

This is how I am with BOC in general; I listen to them and think "This is nice, I should listen to BOC more often." And then a few months go by, and the cycle continues.

To be fair all of their albums are long. Except if you count Twoism as an album which I don't.

So I'm the same as you guys but that's mostly because I listen to them more deliberately than casually. I don't put on one of their albums if I know I'm not going to finish it in one sitting.

To be fair all of their albums are long. Except if you count Twoism as an album which I don't.

So I'm the same as you guys but that's mostly because I listen to them more deliberately than casually. I don't put on one of their albums if I know I'm not going to finish it in one sitting.

Me either. I like long albums and usually we sit down to them as we would a movie, with the intention of sitting through the whole album, thinking about it, etc.

I still really enjoy TH but there are a few standout tracks for me that I keep coming back to. I'm not surprised people are so polarized though.

Some people complain, and I think I agree, that 8 years is a long time for just for a dozen tracks. From that perspective I am disappointed (but not with the music)

I personally think it's a pretty good album. It's the first from them I've really enjoyed since Geogaddi, but then again, I've never been the biggest BOC fan. I listened to it a lot the first week, then only sporadically went back to it, mainly only to listen to Jacquard Causeway. Not a bad album at all.

also, judging by the amount of copies of this that are being flipped on discogs, I'd actually say that quite a few people outside of watmm were also disappointed...but I will admit, that is a leap of logic.

not an wholly unjustified one, however...

pretty much every single new release is divisive at first here, the reaction to TH was pretty positive at the end of the day, so yeah.. I'm sticking by that. outside of watmm it was well received, so nuts to you fellas.

the only people left in the thread when I wrote that stuff were just people being sour and assuming others agreed, which is why I got annoyed in the first place.

I'm mad at people that are somehow mad at boc for not delivering what they perceive to be a satisfactory release. there is no basis for that level of entitlement. if you don't like something discuss it, but when you start to whinge about it not reaching your expectations perhaps some self analysis is in order to determine if your assumptions are rational. It's not a taste it's an attitude.

as for the praise being somehow too grand in your books...even if you're right about it, why does it bother you so much? so people like something a lot and want to show their appreciation for it...great! are they fucking a copy of the album inches from your head as you sleep at night? if so, I would absolutely get behind scolding the enjoyment of others with bubbling e-cynicism.

Why are you mad about what I said? I'm not knocking those who love it.

Jeez, I wish you would actually read people's posts. The thrust of my recent posts have been about marketing in the internet age.

My opinion on TH is just some rambling from another non-entity on an internet forum. It's of no more worth than anyone else's.

Anyway, I'm done talking about this album now.

Where is the follow-up EP?

Where is the follow-up EP?

a long, long, long way away.

like never. they will be nursing their wounds forever. o cruel WATMM, how thy harsh words have cut at the tender flank of the BoC.

Beautiful album of music. The sound quality of Tomorrow's Harvest is above anything they've done in the past, it sounds so good in my vehicle. Well executed concept. I never expected them to release anything so it was a welcome gift.

It appears to be generally a negative reaction to this album which I personally find very surprising. I think TH is a fantastic album and probably my favourite of theirs. It's definitely their most consistent, I love the whole thing (even Jacquard's Causeway which took some time). The Berlin School influence is a key development for me and with the soundtrack emphasis to the fore it's a clear progression from their earlier works.

Sundown is still one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.

Incidentally, the "8 years" thing isn't a factor for me as much to my embarrasment I only discovered BoC in 2008. So I only had the 5 years to wait :biggrin: .

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe it's been over a year already. Time passes ;_; I feel sad.

I enjoyed this a lot and still do and listen to several tracks quite often. It's a summer haze album for me though so I like listening to it now more than ever.

I think TH seems to have less of that "boc nostalgy sound" that I so much love, The ending of Transmisiones Ferox... that's the feels, I want to hear a full version of that soo badly.

Regarding the hype train: I enjoyed it, I have never been part of something like that ever before, it felt quite special.

Yeah the reason I didn't like it as much as some other releases is because the theme this time around wasn't the usual nostalgia hazy warm yet cold thing, but like nostalgia for old scifi movie scores and 70's thoughts and ideals etc, coldwar social collapse...

And I thought the same thing about the ending of Transmisiones Ferox, that's the kinda stuff I like most form them.

TCH is my favorite and I know that it's not their most liked but it had the most summer haze nostalgia and warmth to it (for me) and I liked that. Playing a ton whilst driving around here in the summer days...

But Over The Horizon Radar's my favorite piece from them ever. It does a lot for me in the short 1:09.

I'm just looking forward to whatever they grace me with next, whenever it'll be.

only on watmm will you find people that absolutely hate boc albums whilst loving the shit out of boc.

Part of that probably comes from the fact that the brothers always made songs rich in detail, lush etc- and even if you don't like TCH LP, you have to admit that it probably has more detail and small sounds than Geogaddi. Tomorrow's Harvest is not like that. Compared to their previous works, it's empty, save for some voices nobody notices. So after one of their most detailed works, and after 8 years, when they release Tomorrow's Harvest, of course some people will dislike it. I've recently forced myself to like it (hhhheheheh) but it took me a year to switch from detail to...drone I guess?

only on watmm will you find people that absolutely hate boc albums whilst loving the shit out of boc.

it reminds me of a todd barry bit about a woman who once said 'I love coca cola but I hate Pepsi with a passion' which to todd meant that her mind was simultaneously telling her that she both loved and hated what was essentially the same thing

I garuntee more people will come to like this album over time, it rarely goes the other way with music that isn't mc hammer or whatever

and yeah not saying don't dislike this album or anything, do whatever. just be a bit more humble about shitting on things others love I guess.

Don't come on WATMM and start dissing the hammer. :biggrin:

The last time they really spooked me, gave me that uneasy nostalgia thing was with 'Sherbert Head'. Such a short piece but I just couldn't get it out of my mind for weeks. That was an amazing track - for me, anyway.

Edited by fumi

Part of that probably comes from the fact that the brothers always made songs rich in detail, lush etc- and even if you don't like TCH LP, you have to admit that it probably has more detail and small sounds than Geogaddi. Tomorrow's Harvest is not like that. Compared to their previous works, it's empty, save for some voices nobody notices. So after one of their most detailed works, and after 8 years, when they release Tomorrow's Harvest, of course some people will dislike it. I've recently forced myself to like it (hhhheheheh) but it took me a year to switch from detail to...drone I guess?

no, the detail is there it's just different. you're jumping to the conclusion that boc have failed to provide it but I believe you have failed to notice it.

What little details have you noticed except for some very quiet voices? And I guess the hidden clicks in Cold Earth....

you can only hear it if you are listening to the 24bit wavs though.

and only with Grado headphones.

played through a valve tube amp.

whilst outside.

on the pentland hills.

with a cult.

whilst outside.

on the pentland hills.

with a cult.

Sounds reasonable.

You forgot the bonfire and Britt Ekland

whilst outside.

on the pentland hills.

with a cult.

You forgot the bonfire and the Lord of Summerisle as master of ceremonies.

whilst outside.

on the pentland hills.

with a cult.

sign me up motherfucker! I want to be there slaying wenches with my forked penis!!!!!!!