IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

osc hope you don't think I'm a stuffy audiophile or anything, I just hear more of a dub tech influence which can often be quite subdued and droney in nature. the variation here is less in chords and melody but more in sound colour and texture.

nah, I'm just being a bit cynical that's all.

I have to admit, I've not listened to this album since I got a much much better audio interface (previously using built in motherboard soundcard for digital listening, and my turntable set up for analogue) and I should really give it a chance listening through the new interface.

I will soon probably, it's just I'm a pretty attentive listener (my allegiances on the forum should show that), and I never really noticed the depth you're referring to. Although, it is present on Semena Mertvykh which is actually my favourite track on the whole album. I wish they'd have done a whole album that had that desolate sound to it.

probably their richest textures, in a thick cinematic way. many sounds are being modulated in a very subtle way ala basic channel. they always did this but they're using more delay and filters. they're kind of channeling a more spacey and cold vibe on this one. I think you'll find more sounds creeping in and out of the mix than you'd expect, I know I always do at least.

Yeah I know about all that. I was talking about shit like the little girls singing in "In The Annexe", "YES" in Dawn Chorus, pool balls clacking in Turquoise Hexagon Sun...that kinda stuff

This album is super amazing, and I love the overall negativity of the album which is swept away once New Seeds gets going, which is my favourite song on it (seriously, listen to New Seeds again and tell me it's not a pearler). I love their earlier stuff but I think this might be their fave of mine.

Me and a coworker came to the conclusion that this album is drier, dustier compared to their earlier work, as if everything's dead and gone. All of the moisture that was in their earlier work has drained out for this one. In a good way.

I might have gone too Pitchfork with my thoughts. tl;dr: it's the shit

My favourite release of theirs a year on; it just flows so well, not a wasted second on here (though Cold Earth does sound like BoC were reaching for past glories a tad hard, still an enjoyable track in spite of this).

osc hope you don't think I'm a stuffy audiophile or anything, I just hear more of a dub tech influence which can often be quite subdued and droney in nature. the variation here is less in chords and melody but more in sound colour and texture.

I have to admit, I've not listened to this album since I got a much much better audio interface (previously using built in motherboard soundcard for digital listening, and my turntable set up for analogue) and I should really give it a chance listening through the new interface.

I will soon probably, it's just I'm a pretty attentive listener (my allegiances on the forum should show that), and I never really noticed the depth you're referring to. Although, it is present on Semena Mertvykh which is actually my favourite track on the whole album. I wish they'd have done a whole album that had that desolate sound to it.

I can see you're slowly turning - before long I'll be the only one left.

nah, I'm pretty sure my opinion will still be the same. but I'll try it on my new audio interface, for science.

nah, I'm pretty sure my opinion will still be the same. but I'll try it on my new audio interface, for science.

This new audio interface.

Would that be the Hell Interface?

hey osc show me a non-boc release that blows th out of the water. i am really curious if there is substance behind your constant trolling. its too easy to hate just for the sake of it. you can do better

Edited by o00o

Guest transmisiones ferox

I kind of tired of this album sometimes tbh, but I think this is the most "important" music album i had. If talking about BOC albums overall, I think MHRTC beats TH, and IABPOINC, which may be my favorite record by them, I listen to it a lot less, than I listen to TH, but the effect is much stronger, I can say that.

Edited by arvy Ictal

Just listened to it today, before having seen this thread. It's still good, and I'd say that I've listened to it more these past 3 months than I had in the previous time since its release. It's almost too clean of a record: but it does drag on a bit IMO. The songs are generally solid and don't overstay their welcome. Great record all around: I'd say most people had their preconceptions influencing their opinions and that for some the record may never get away from those initial pangs of disappointment that it wasn't pure magic.

All that said, there was some comment from when it originally came out that has always stuck in my mind: it's an album full of intros.

Well I think its a masterpiece and it's getting a lot of play as the Summer takes hold. So many lush magic moments...

"Listen"

(I do skip a few tracks tho :/......the 2 ending with y.. )

Seriously? Jacquard Causeway?

:/

That's a fuckin masterpiece in my book. But to each his own I guess.

Well I think its a masterpiece and it's getting a lot of play as the Summer takes hold. So many lush magic moments...

"Listen"

(I do skip a few tracks tho :/......the 2 ending with y.. )

Seriously? Jacquard Causeway?

:/

That's a fuckin masterpiece in my book. But to each his own I guess.

I don't get it either, it's a top track.

I haven't even listened to the album this year, for me, it doesn't stack up against the original 3, but it's still a great album. I just hope it's the beginning of something new for BoC, rather than it being their lasting impression.

And I'm with osc in wishing the tracks were more in tune with Semena Mertvykh, should've kept the static from the promo in that track too.

:boc:

Edited by NorthernFusion

hey osc show me a non-boc release that blows th out of the water. i am really curious if there is substance behind your constant trolling. its too easy to hate just for the sake of it. you can do better

I'm not trolling.

a non BoC release that blows Tomorrow's Hype out of the water.

Autechre - Exai

VHS Head - Persistence of Vision

Ben Frost - A U R O R A

Phono Ghosts - Chrome Position (not even an album and it kicks the shit out of TH)

Meatbingo - Trendy Robots (not even an album and it kicks the shit out of TH)

there's a few.

I'm not trolling.

a non BoC release that blows Tomorrow's Hype out of the water.

Autechre - Exai

VHS Head - Persistence of Vision

Ben Frost - A U R O R A

Phono Ghosts - Chrome Position (not even an album and it kicks the shit out of TH)

Meatbingo - Trendy Robots (not even an album and it kicks the shit out of TH)

there's a few.

I would never have pegged you as a Meatbingo fan.

I hate being a fanboy, but TH is the greatest album I've ever heard.

that's pretty high praise, knowing some of the other stuff you like.

only on watmm will you find people that absolutely hate boc albums whilst loving the shit out of boc.

For me I don't hate TH (as their last album was TCH wonder if the new album will just be T or H?), it has some of my favourite tracks on it they've ever done (Reach For The Dead, Telepath, Sememmmemmm Mykektemall (can't remember the spelling)) but structurally it seems all over the shop. IMO if you lost about 20 mins and rearranged a few of the tracks it'd be a lot stronger.

Oddly Persistence Of Vision really reminds me of this album (or at least am reminded of my reservations of the album). [For me] BoCs album starts strong but it seems to lose its momentum and seems to really drag by the 70 minute mark (I usually like to try and hear albums in one sitting) - whereas the VHS one starts a bit over-familiar in style but builds and builds and the time seems to fly by.

Gonna catch some flack for this but I think something like this works a little better -

boc.jpg

If this album wasn't released by BOC I probably wouldn't even buy it

It's shit compared to everything else they're ever released ever. Except for that one track Jacquard Causeway

wait so that means jacquard and palace posy? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Palace Posy is the worst BOC track of all time. It's like something you'd hear on some quasi-indie movie as the pre-worn jean wearing hipsters jostled each other back and forth walking down the street laughing pretending to be friends, pointing at each other in an inquisitive way as if to say "Look at this guy isn't he ridiculous, what's he doing? Point the camera at him"

And the guy's doing nothing interesting

Edited by Zeffolia

Palace Posy is the worst BOC track of all time. It's like something you'd hear on some quasi-indie movie as the pre-worn jean wearing hipsters jostled each other back and forth walking down the street laughing pretending to be friends, pointing at each other in an inquisitive way as if to say "Look at this guy isn't he ridiculous, what's he doing? Point the camera at him"

Are you projecting or something?

I hate being a fanboy, but TH is the greatest album I've ever heard.

that's pretty high praise, knowing some of the other stuff you like.

Honestly though, I've never heard an album that connects with me on so many levels.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but the cinematic and grandiose sound of it just blows me away every time. And I haven't grown the slightest tired of it yet, even though I listen to it on regular basis.

Tracks like Reach for the Dead, Cold Earth, Jacquard Causeway, New Seeds and Semena Mertvykh, It just don't get any better in my book.

Again.. I hate being this fanboy, but I can't lie to myself.

Edited by Ceerial

If this album wasn't released by BOC I probably wouldn't even buy it

It's shit compared to everything else they're ever released ever. Except for that one track Jacquard Causeway

wait so that means jacquard and palace posy? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

And the guy's doing nothing interesting

wow you're a real cunt aren't ya?

flol

fantastic reading