IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

• 3 weeks later...

petering out before they're over. I wonder how many people noticed this before boc brought it up in an interview?

A bit late addressing this point, but I had a sneaking suspicion I'd read people saying this before they mentioned it in the interviews.

Going back, I see Lumpenprol devoted this thread to that very topic

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/79153-th-for-those-who-always-wondered-what-an-albums-worth-of-intros-sounds-like/

Which he posted June 3rd

Interview where they first mentioned delibreately tapering songs off was June 6th

dang, thanks for doing the digging on my behalf. Yeah, I've been one of the bigger haters of the album, I guess. Opinion hasn't changed, it's a limp noodle imo

I feel as though conceptually they have lived up to what they have delivered with their other LPs. So few acts have consistently set out a idea and worked it into such great albums. In saying this it might be my least favourite of the boc albums.

To be honest i have it in a playlist where i just have the tracks without beats. This version of the album makes of the greatest ambient albums ive heard in recent years, the ambient tracks are really stunning and show me that they are not slowing down in any way. Would love for them to continue to put out these dark synthy tracks. They are a little less innovative but they still are complex and so enjoyable to listen to, love the textures and depth, they instantly create such a distinct image in my head.
Lately ive been big into Steve Moore, charles cohen on morphine recs, mort garson, K leimer, Mike Ratledge's riddles of the sphinx and a lot of modular ambient music and TH as a ambient album stacks up with some of the best.

Really look forward to what they do next concept wise

The hype of an album following a 7 year long wait for new music will obviously be too much to meet up to. It's similar to Campfire Headphase in that it's an album that always sounds better to listen to as the full thing, when you listen to a track on its own, aside for maybe a few, they feel out of place, unlike tracks on Geogaddi and MHTRTC, which doesn't necessarily make those the better albums, the music just works in a different way. It's the difference between drukqs and RDJ album.

Probably my second favourite full album behind Geo.

• 4 weeks later...

I was pretty disappointed with this album. Especially after Geogaddi I expected them to become even more experimental and maybe a tiny bit less minimalistic. TH has a few nice tracks, but it's just not very interesting. A little more innovation would have been nice. I feel like they have already wrapped up the exact same style with earlier releases and with a better result.

This is the same shit as people being disappointed by minipops 67.

edit: sorry, I'm not being rude against you - I am referring to the long wait, it makes us create these expectations, is sad really.

Edited by MIXL2

The hype of an album following a 7 year long wait for new music will obviously be too much to meet up to.

Richard seems to be coping very well, in fact I'm pretty surprised how easy Syro is soaking up the pressure.

This is Tomorrow's Harvest today.

That's so cool!

That's the old Naval Air Station right? I've read they have warehouses and film things there, but is it public access or more industrial space?

Hardly listened to it after the first week.

me too. and the first week it came out i only listened to it 3 times.

I listen to a few songs quite often. As for the whole album, it's one I usually only play without interruption on roadtrips and such.

That's so cool!

That's the old Naval Air Station right? I've read they have warehouses and film things there, but is it public access or more industrial space?

Yeah, it's just down the way. There are a lot of old hangers there yeah. Quite a few of them have been turned in to businesses. One is a giant gym called the Bladium. Another is St. George's Distillery where they made the first legal absinth in the US after the ban was lifted. The exact place where the album cover picture was taken is a wine tasting place called Rock Wall Winery. They get their wine from different vineyards and base their business in one of those hangers. They have a tasting place with a cool patio and geodesic dome, like straight out of BOC cover art. Good for special events and that kind of thing with that hot view of SF. Haven't seen any film yet, but a number of them have gone down there. Otherwise the naval air station looks pretty 3rd world.

I don't know what the future of the runway area you see is. The Navy is in the process of giving it back to the city and developers are closing in on it so it won't be all cool and dead looking like this for very much longer.

Gave TH a couple of listens this week after not playing it since around the time we got the Caustic Window downloads. I think that's the longest I've gone without it, and I'm liking it better than ever now. Not that I ever was a detractor, but maybe all BOC albums somehow get better with age? I remember how cold and harsh Geogaddi sounded to me compared to their older releases, and I don't even notice that anymore. Likewise, The Campfire Headphase had a sort of sickly-sweet almost cheesy quality to it that wore off eventually.

So anyway I feel like I'm not paying too much attention to TH's pristine sounding horror soundtrack exterior anymore and have homed in on its less obvious qualities. It's all about seeing hope and beauty in a superficially grim and terrifying future and the music now seems to mirror that perfectly, I love it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's so cool!

Yeah, it's just down the way. There are a lot of old hangers there yeah. Quite a few of them have been turned in to businesses. One is a giant gym called the Bladium. Another is St. George's Distillery where they made the first legal absinth in the US after the ban was lifted. The exact place where the album cover picture was taken is a wine tasting place called Rock Wall Winery. They get their wine from different vineyards and base their business in one of those hangers. They have a tasting place with a cool patio and geodesic dome, like straight out of BOC cover art. Good for special events and that kind of thing with that hot view of SF. Haven't seen any film yet, but a number of them have gone down there. Otherwise the naval air station looks pretty 3rd world.

I don't know what the future of the runway area you see is. The Navy is in the process of giving it back to the city and developers are closing in on it so it won't be all cool and dead looking like this for very much longer.

I must see this before it is no longer!

I loved this album. I felt like it was the first electronica album I have really gotten into that had a political message in the sound, the mixture between the Film Board nature docs and horror movie sound tracks. A beautiful piece of art.