IGNORED

E3 2014

Rubin Farr

- That bald scary happy guy from Media Molecule will come out on Sony's stage and announce something cute.

Media Molecule said they won't be at E3 this year.

Phew.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squee, you forgot to mention Uncharted 4. Everyone is gawking at the graphics in The Order 1886, and developers are saying Uncharted 4 is gonna look even better. I'm thinking it might steal the show. I'm saying this, however, as a fanboy of the series, but there are so many others that love this series as much and more. So we'll see.

Squee, you forgot to mention Uncharted 4. Everyone is gawking at the graphics in The Order 1886, and developers are saying Uncharted 4 is gonna look even better. I'm thinking it might steal the show. I'm saying this, however, as a fanboy of the series, but there are so many others that love this series as much and more. So we'll see.

Nah, cuz that's a given

Guest Gravity

Yeah, I really wanna see how that's coming along. Also I just noticed that chart has a bunch of errors in it. Shame on youuuuuuuuuuu chart maker.

Guest Gravity

Too late to edit.

All times PST... adjust for your time sry ;(

Monday

Microsoft - 9:30 AM

EA - 12 PM

Ubisoft - 3:00 PM

Sony - 6:00 PM

Tuesday

Nintendo 9:00 AM

Guest jasondonervan

Sony is at 11am for me, i really should be in bed by then, we'll see how excited i am.

2am here, ie no chance. Will catch up on it over my morning coffee.

Guest Roksen Creek

Yeah 2am is pushing it. I'll be tempted though!

Those wondering about Valve's conference should know that it has already been leaked:

Last Guardian would be nice but i'ts inevitable i'm gonna have to buy a PS4

I was die hard Zelda fan until the wii and 3ds came out and ive not played skyward sword or link between worlds.

Can't wait to see how good Uncharted 4 looks. I'm hoping to see some footage of NHL 15 in action too. There's rumored to be a debut of God of War 4 as well. Bethesda has a new game that will be revealed, which is exciting. I'd give me left nut for a Fallout 4 on the PS4.

Also I'm sure the VR sets are going to grab my attention.

Please... no. Another GoW after the last one was so disappointing would really drive the franchise into the ground for good. Now, if they were bold and introduced a new character (perhaps female?) as the protagonist in a new GoW series, AND do something new - yeah, GoW games are fun, but mix it up - stop with the same repeated elements in every game.

Sony's Project Morpheus (their VR headset) will probably get more demos, but I think it's still a long way off before it's commercially viable.

So here's what I want out of the E3 press conference...

- GTAV for the Xbone and PS4. A Game of the Year-like package with all the upcoming dlc included for free. Also, I want it at a reduced price ($40-50)

- Some kind of Microsoft and Oculus collaboration that'll bring the Rift to the Xbone.

- A REAL next gen game for the consoles. Nothing I've seen in Watch_Dogs has looked truly next gen yet. GTAV was way better looking.

- I want new IPs. I'm still interested in the new ACs and a new Mass Effect that are coming out, but I am dying for new IPs.

- I want Far Cry 4 to blow EVERYTHING out of the water. Far Cry 4 is my most anticipated game for 2014.

- The Division shown on the consoles.

And some predictions...

- Crackdown 3

- Gears of War 4 - which nobody wants.

- Resident Evil 7 (7!!?)

- Some kind of Zelda announcement for the Wii U.

- People are gonna come away from The Evil Within and say it looks clumsy and shitty. The slow death of Japanese games continues!

- People are gonna be disappointed by Destiny.

- Star Wars: Battlefront 3 or a new Star Wars game will be shown.

- Mirror's Edge 2? Maaayyyybe? Maybe just a new trailer showing small glimpses of gameplay.

- Microsoft still doesn't "get it" and continues to babble on about tv shows, "entertainment", and apps, .

- Sales numbers from Sony and MS and everyone except from Sony and MS is bored.

- Sony will gloat.

- Quantic Dreams will announce something pretty.

- That bald scary happy guy from Media Molecule will come out on Sony's stage and announce something cute.

- God of War 4 (or is it 5?)

...and finally...

- Every single game gets pushed to 2015.

I bet at least 30-40% of games announced will be last-gen titles uprezzed for the current gen consoles - any new IP will be easily 2015/late 2015.

If Nintendo doesn't release a firm date for a Zelda Wii U (an actual new game, not a HD remake - although HD remakes of Spirit Tracks or The Phantom Hourglass wouldn't be a bad thing, IMO), I don't think the Wii U will survive much past 2015.

Do you think Nintendo might do something bold and shocking and announce their next console this early? Nah...

As much as I want Destiny to be good, I have the feeling this will be the biggest and most expensive flop in console game history - I just have a bad feeling about it. I hope I'm wrong, because the idea of it is very compelling.

Bpjm5_XCEAAEqXR.jpg

Fucking LOL @ "Red Luigi"

Last Guardian would be nice but i'ts inevitable i'm gonna have to buy a PS4

I was die hard Zelda fan until the wii and 3ds came out and ive not played skyward sword or link between worlds.

I haven't played Skyward Sword yet either (I looked at a strategy guide and was turned off by the boss recycling the game seems to go overboard with), but Link Between Worlds is fantastic - best Zelda game since Wind Waker, and easily the best one since the original it's based off.

Don't bother with Skyward Sword unless you've got to complete every game in the franchise. No open world play & couldn't wait to finish the game just to be done with it. 1/4 of the game was decent. The ending fight sequences were cool I guess, actually somewhat challenging compared to the usual boss fights. But, I think they were more challenging due to the shite wii-mote motion bullshit. Couldn't stand it. And for fuck sake, just cast voice over already. I've never imagined myself as Link ever. (As the excuse always given for no voiceover). You had to read through a ton of verbiage throughout the whole game. Let alone, the beginning of the game takes forever. I'm betting the design team was rushed to get the game out & cut corners as far an an open world exploration. Who knows. But, for the beginning storyline to the Zelda franchise it was a major letdown. etc., etc...

Link between worlds is kinda fun so far, got it for my son, but I've been playing it a little more. Got to Lorule recently, but haven't picked it up in a while. Old school Zelda, very colorful & looks quite nice on the DS.

yah Skyward Sword was a disappointment to me, like FF10 it's WAY too linear, you're basically walking thru what feels like a theme park ride, walls everywhere blocking your path, the Dousing was retarded and it tires your arms out very quickly.

for E3, please anything that's not a sequel and original ideas for the new consoles! Very curious what Nintendo has up their sleeve.

Guest Roksen Creek

I actually quite liked skyward sword. I might be the only one.

It was fun learning a new control scheme. And I liked that the outside areas were essentially extended dungeons. I only play zelda for the dungeons and gadgets anyway, I've never thought it was a particularly good series for open world roaming.

The worst thing about it was Fi with her constant nagging.

yah Skyward Sword was a disappointment to me, like FF10 it's WAY too linear, you're basically walking thru what feels like a theme park ride, walls everywhere blocking your path, the Dousing was retarded and it tires your arms out very quickly.

for E3, please anything that's not a sequel and original ideas for the new consoles! Very curious what Nintendo has up their sleeve.

Hey now, FF13 was the linear one - FF10 is a masterpiece, and probably the last best game in the FF series (barring Tidus' US voice actor and Jake the Dog as Wakka).

I actually quite liked skyward sword. I might be the only one.

It was fun learning a new control scheme. And I liked that the outside areas were essentially extended dungeons. I only play zelda for the dungeons and gadgets anyway, I've never thought it was a particularly good series for open world roaming.

The worst thing about it was Fi with her constant nagging.

You're correct in the open world roaming has never really been that exciting in the Zelda series, but man, like Rubin said, it was just too damn linear. I know they were kinda building the different areas to be like puzzles, but it didn't work for me. Fi's nagging, reading a novel of dialogue, all the going back & forth & forth & back just got to me. There just werne't any "Oh, this is cool!" moments. Like just rain being added to the series, a daylighting system, (which SS sadly lacked I thought, you go day to night by sleeping), how Hyrule was all destroyed & frozen in time when you find it in Windwaker. I loved those unexpected touches. Really after WW, the series has been more of a slog for me personally. To each their own I guess.

Archived