IGNORED

E3 2014

Rubin Farr

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Last Guardian won't live up to anyone's expectations. No one knows what it is and I think the talk about what the hell that game is and what is up with it will end up being way more exciting than what that game will ever be.

Guest bitroast

The Last Guardian won't live up to anyone's expectations. No one knows what it is and I think the talk about what the hell that game is and what is up with it will end up being way more exciting than what that game will ever be.

man.

have you played Ico or Shadow Of The Colossus?

they have super minimal plots (they essentially have no text or backstory other than hints from what's happening around you/brief cutscenes at the start of the game, etc.) but are entirely focused on atmosphere. super thick, amazing beautiful vibe.

you essentially don't need to know anything about a new 3rd game from Team Ico to be excited, other than there's a 3rd game from Team Ico in development and that alone is ridiculously exciting.

~~

is there a Nintendo stream/conference/anything I should keep an eye out for.

I enjoyed watch the live sony one but honestly am more intrigued by what Nintendo are going to be doing this year.

Yeah, I know. But still. There was never any hype for those games - which also has something to do with when they came out - and I just think that people are creating unnecessary hype for a game that could turn out to be a Japanese RTS.

...you know what I mean.

Yeah, Nintendo's mini conference is on in 6 hours and 20 minutes. I'm quite excited about that as well.

Guest Roksen Creek

Wait what... Grim Fandango? Remaster? What, the, holy shitehggkkjlkdnflknvl/qkenvlkrnvleknrlvknelrknvlenklrknvelkrnvlekn... breathe, breathe...

Just gimme Far Cry 4 already.

Oh, and Grim Fandango... I think. No, you know what. Just gimme The Curse of Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Sam and Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, and The Dig remastered.

yes.

the hand drawn style of full throttle doesn't even really need remastering though. it still looks incredible tbh!

grim fandango (and.. keeping in mind I have never played this one) seems more appropriate for a 'remaster'! curious to see how it looks. I also wonder if it will have the remaster toggle option like monkey island 1 and 2.

Well, the tank controls in Grim Fandango definitely needs to be "remastered".

But yeah, neither CMI, Full Throttle etc. needs to be remastered. I just want to be able to play them again. I still have all my old LucasArts game boxes :)

The tank controls are why Grim Fandango is perfect for consoles, far more than the other games. Besides, Grim Fandango is straight up just a better game than those :)

I'm a fan of all of Lucasarts adventures, but Grim is just in a league of its own when it comes to writing, story, voice acting, atmosphere, art etc.

You do know that you can play those games you have perfectly via scummvm?

is no man,s sky exclusive? or will pc be getting it,looks amazing!,also,bloodborne=ps4 purchase for me eventually

They haven't announced all the platforms yet, but they said it would debut on PS4, which means it'll also be out for Xbone, so I think it's safe to say that they'll release a really pretty version of it on PC.

Guest jasondonervan

is no man,s sky exclusive? or will pc be getting it,looks amazing!,also,bloodborne=ps4 purchase for me eventually

I do like the look of No Man's Sky, but then I've been playing a fair bit of Elite: Dangerous lately and that has more than satisfied my need for fancy space buccaneering.

Guest bitroast

hehehe yeah.

maybe I will one day, it's just laziness on my part of having to download the game, having to download scummvm (i'm sure this is all super easy), and finding the time to play the game. I only have laptop (no desktop atm) so I find it near impossible to find the time to play games exclusive to computer atm (technically i can do it, but i much prefer being able to just throw a game on the telly, throw myself on the couch, and let that entirely be the process of playing a game).

I guess this is 100% my own fault and not game developers but hey, yeah. news of grim fandango coming out on vita is totally perfect and works pretty well in my favour so I personally would happily pay to see more of these games released in similar fashion!

Guest Roksen Creek

hehehe yeah.

maybe I will one day, it's just laziness on my part of having to download the game, having to download scummvm (i'm sure this is all super easy), and finding the time to play the game. I only have laptop (no desktop atm) so I find it near impossible to find the time to play games exclusive to computer atm (technically i can do it, but i much prefer being able to just throw a game on the telly, throw myself on the couch, and let that entirely be the process of playing a game).

I guess this is 100% my own fault and not game developers but hey, yeah. news of grim fandango coming out on vita is totally perfect and works pretty well in my favour so I personally would happily pay to see more of these games released in similar fashion!

Yeah, I'm usually a bit lazy like that as well. But you're right, it is super easy in the case of scummvm :)

But it's great to get official remasters on new consoles/PC I agree

hehehe yeah.

You can bung ScummVM on phones/tablets too - Monkey Island works as a grand game for commuting !

Guest Roksen Creek

I still don't get how no man's sky will play out exactly. Will there be actual gameplay, or is it just exploration? Will there be intelligent life? It's online but single-player? So you never actually interact with anyone, just visit the worlds that were created for them?

I hope it doesn't turn out just being a dry non-interactive experience, because it looks gorgeous.

I still don't get how no man's sky will play out exactly. Will there be actual gameplay, or is it just exploration? Will there be intelligent life? It's online but single-player? So you never actually interact with anyone, just visit the worlds that were created for them?

I hope it doesn't turn out just being a dry non-interactive experience, because it looks gorgeous.

My concerns also.

Guest bitroast

I'm surprised theres not more hype for Bloodborne. It looks to be the follow up to dark souls/demons souls/kings field/etc.

Or is it just subdued hype?

2015 is the year to own a ps4..

Archived