IGNORED

Roland SH 35

Guest bowen

that synth sounds thinner than kate moss after a 5 day meth binge

on the upside, it'll probably make a nice bench to put your feet on after a long day of work. or a frisbie, if you take of the knobs and sliders to make it more aerodynamic. or alternative toiletpaper, for those hard-to-reach areas.

Guest bowen

shit, that bad huh. well i'll give it a go, i'm not so interested in creating super analog basses, one house mates gotta moog prodigy and the other is getting a SH 09.

digital bleeps and pads are the order of the day. any luck with those you think?

shit, that bad huh. well i'll give it a go, i'm not so interested in creating super analog basses, one house mates gotta moog prodigy and the other is getting a SH 09.

digital bleeps and pads are the order of the day. any luck with those you think?

hehe just kidding. i never actually heard one. it looks like a decent VA (albeit not very heavy on the modulation features) that covers the basics pretty nicely. something like a korg ms2000, purely digital and not too complex, but fun to tweak and a soundquality like the average vst; nothing too great nor too bad. more importantly: do you like it?

Guest bowen

i havn't got it yet :grin: perhaps a bit silly to buy it having not heard it but still, i can always stick it back on ebay if its crap. I had a tax return burning a hole in my pocket i couldn't stop myself

Guest Duke Remington

more importantly: how much did you pay for this?

listen man if youre planning on building a studio you need a plan and patience. dont waste your money on alot of low quality gear. buy little gear but buy the best. if it takes you a year to buy a real synth, do it. because one day youl realize your studio is full of little gadgets like these, half are broken and the other half you can't even look at because you hate yourself for buying them.

i understand your just getting into production? you might want to choose to stick to vsts for now and wait till you can buy a real synth.

Guest bowen

cheers for advice, but no, i'm not just getting into production, half the reason for getting this is to shift vsts there's only so many my ibook can take.

well you can always sell it on ebay again, especially if you got it at a nice price, maybe even make some profit, ebay entrepeneur-stylee..

personally..i wouldn't buy a sh32/ms2000/nordrack1, i got plugins that only use a few % of my cpu that can do the same shit.. plus i got them wired up with midicontrollers so i have better quality physical control over them (beats the low-end potentiometers on those VA's)... not to say that digital synths aren't worth buying ofcourse; a wavetable synth like the waldorf microwave xt is fucking godlike.. you can find them for 400$ now, its insane.. 5u 2osc wavetable synth with double filters, 9 free envs, 16x16 modmatrix, 44 knobs, made of steel etc.. yeah, sure, you don't have any warranty and no-one will fix your waldorf synth after waldorf's insolvency.. shame they went bankrupt... or a real 'tactile' analogue synth.. a machine where you can really feel the current running through the synth.. maybe a korg ms-10, if you want to expand after that and do wicked shit with cv..

Guest bowen

I missed out on an MS-10 for fucking free. If i'd arrived in uni a few hours earlier I would've got it. They decided to give it away because of a few broken (but fixable keys :omg: )

yeah i can always sell again, i seem to have got it for the going rate, so they'l be no profit to be made. I was looking at a JP800 but like you mention it had a potentiometer problem, and there's a lot of sliders on that thing, still it was cheap and maybe a good clean would have fixed it up.

in my head at least, i wasn't expecting the money to get this so cay sera

Guest Promo

Its hard to justify paying £170 on a synth these days when pcs allow you to run multiple vst plus with a controller you're practically home and host (excuse the pun).

I did come across some total bargains a while back for a Roland U220 and D110 both for £10 each that some dude was selling off a website. I'd have bought those just because they were so cheap and because I used them when I was younger at school (16 or 17). I dunno half of me thinks it'd be cool to have one or two more pieces of equipment because it looks cool and its nice to have but the other half says 'what's the point 'cause pc technology has largely made new hardware redudant'.

yeah, sure, you don't have any warranty and no-one will fix your waldorf synth after waldorf's insolvency.. shame they went bankrupt... or a real 'tactile' analogue synth.. a machine where you can really feel the current running through the synth.. maybe a korg ms-10, if you want to expand after that and do wicked shit with cv..

dawg: http://waldorfmusic.de/en/home

I missed out on an MS-10 for fucking free. If i'd arrived in uni a few hours earlier I would've got it. They decided to give it away because of a few broken (but fixable keys :omg: )

yeah i can always sell again, i seem to have got it for the going rate, so they'l be no profit to be made. I was looking at a JP800 but like you mention it had a potentiometer problem, and there's a lot of sliders on that thing, still it was cheap and maybe a good clean would have fixed it up.

in my head at least, i wasn't expecting the money to get this so cay sera

sucks, ms-10 are viscious little beasts. maybe they are TOO simple though :grin:

and you know , with ebay and all these online markets, you can try out alot of shit for free (with a bit of starting-money:)) if you pick some nice deals

yeah, sure, you don't have any warranty and no-one will fix your waldorf synth after waldorf's insolvency.. shame they went bankrupt... or a real 'tactile' analogue synth.. a machine where you can really feel the current running through the synth.. maybe a korg ms-10, if you want to expand after that and do wicked shit with cv..

dawg: http://waldorfmusic.de/en/home

ya i know.. but the only thing that's in the pipelines (>18mnths away from now) are OS updates (primarily for the Q-models, yeah, the boring VAs). okay sure, you can send your waldorf synth to Stadler-Electro (german tech company who have lots of experience with waldorf shit) but that's expensive.. but my XT is built like a tank, you can probably use it as a weapon too, a 19" sword, and the most likely defect is some knob falling off or a broken LCD.. nothing you can't repair on your own..

WOET! WAIT> i hadn't noticed they added a new part to the site, for registrated ppl only..! excellent :grin:

thx.. waldorf is coming back sooner than i wouldve thought.. lets hope os3 for the xt will be done soon too then;)

Archived