I don't know if I'm getting used to their style or they really just aren't as good as before

I think they hit their peak with The Money Store. Everything since has been great but it doesn't have the same lasting appeal. Like you say its probably just getting used to their sound (they've released 6/7 albums in just a few years).

I gave Jenny Death my first listen this morning and it is dope tho. Why A Bitch Gotta Lie stood out to me on that first spin.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my copy of the vinyl in the mail today, and noticed a pretty incredible credit in the liner notes Niggas On The Moon:

"All instrumentation, including Björk's vocals (as found object) performed entirely on V-drums by Zach Hill"

So yeah, for those who were wanting more of Zach Hill's drumming in Death Grips' music, not only does Jenny Death really showcase it, everything except the vocals on Niggas on the Moon are actually his drumming. God damn.

• 2 years later...

Archived