IGNORED

Elektron Analog Rytm vs DSI Tempest

Guest The Bro

Guest bitroast

there is so much $$$ on that karenn desk : o

actually nice to see a super live set like this. the practicalities would not be easy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I learned how to use step sequencers like Elektron's/electribe/Jx-3p/ format of the 16 step sequencer buttons being right there. It's not that I don't like the DSI tempest, but that I liked the Rytm more for how I make music and compose rhythms... some people think an MC-4 is a good way to sequence all your hardware, I'd go insane trying to work on it and get used to that workflow of typing in corresponding number values for what I want musically. Doesn't mean it's bad, but I'd probably prefer something else. Different strokes for different folks

how are the buttons not right there? you engage 16 step mode and it's like any other drum machine. maybe you're talking about something else.

Even if it's a small change, just didn't care for switching it around. As lame as it sounds, I prefer my performance input and sequencer block separate with my modern drum machine, like the rytm. I should've been more clear with what I meant on that. Super petty now that I think about it. But like I said, I had fairly limited time with either machine, the rytm just instantly clicked with me and kept me grinning. Dunno. That and the bigger issues like midi, price and lack of sampling (or at least they didn't sampling it when I messed with it, they may have implemented it, I don't keep up)

Did you start working for DSI? I already have a few of your products, if that's the case...

no i just root for the underdog.

you can't discount the "click" factor, it's the most important thing really, i'd say. also, you could buy a rytm and a nice mackie, and some fx for the price of a tempest, so yeah.

had fun jamming on the tempest today. it has a very wooden, foresty sound to it.

this is 100% tempest, and i recorded it w/ my phone sitting somewhere in the same room. i was using some cheap earbuds to play on it and the bass/kick sounds very good, especially if you are using the LPF in 4pole, self res (sinewave) mode. i do indeed find the kicks to be a tiny bit soft :mu-ziq: , but you just have to use the mixer, which is very fast to use.

http://picosong.com/SQuB/

• 1 year later...

Archived