IGNORED

rik mayall died

kaini

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Sad news indeed, far too young.

I think my favourite Mayall vehicle was Believe Nothing, which was underrated but I thought was beautifully surreal and clever.

Whole series is on Youtube, might just re-watch some of it tonight in his memory.

hhm just tried watching it and didnt really laugh. I think he plays insane and shouty much better than posh.

seeing the divide between people who know him for bottom/the young ones/the new statesman and those who know him for drop dead fred is really weird. everyone loved him tho.

A complete hero, The Young Ones could be my Mastermind subject, feeling a bit hollow from this one. What a beautiful bastard he was.

Guest bitroast

RIP!!

this is incredibly sad news. he's so incredibly likable and hilarious.

grew up being big fan of young ones, bottom, blackadder (lord flashheart!), drop dead fred (although only saw that movie a few times, compared to the repeated viewings of the tv shows).

mega comedy talent. mega dude.

There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard.

- Ade Edmondson

:(

Archived