IGNORED

Hello

Quextal

Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself - this seems to be the best subforum to do so, but apologies if I've guessed wrong.

I'm Quextal. I started DJing and collecting vinyl in the early 90s, and back then I was very into IDM as well as breakbeat hardcore, acid trance, German techno and much else.

For the last several years I've majored in psybreaks, prog and glitch-crunk, but tbh I'm getting increasingly bored of it so I'm reconnecting with the IDM scene in the hope of finding something more exciting to play.

I do a bit of production from time to time, but I'm more interested in putting together a live set.

The sound of the 303 never gets old for me.

I used to own a copy of Joyrex J9i (303/606 shaped picture disc). I think I sold it a couple of years back for £20 *cries*

I have read the rules. But please don't let that stop you telling me to do so, I know you guys are into that ;)

It was an honour to meet you today, Quextal. With your honesty, intuition, selflessness and love for psybreaks, prog and glitch-crunk ......you'll find the New releases section fits exactly with your lifestyle.

I want to reply but your website has effectively left me blind

Good innit. It's so you can appreciate the music better. Or something.

I love your music man, welcome aboard

Thanks, I wasn't expecting anyone on here to have heard of me :)

Welcome mate. Always nice to see a fellow Southamptonite

Please tell me there's a rich seam of interesting local electronic gigs that I'm somehow completely missing out on...

Hey Quextal. welcome to the forums! Don't mind yourself getting into political discussions, and DO NOT MAKE THREADS ABOUT SAD, USELESS WORLD EVENTS (like shootings). Instead post semi-joyous things (like "I finished off a big black bear because otherwise I'd be decapitated. I'm still alive and that's a big load of my shoulders").

Have a good one!

Quextal, I read your post in my head in the voice of DJ Nicey from the comedy fictional duo Smashey and Nicey. Sorry.

And I didn't even mention all the good work I do for charity!

But I don't like to talk about it.

what's psybreaks then?

Psychedelic breaks. HTH :)

no shit, I thought it was psychosocial breakfasts.

explain what that genre title connotes sound-wise?

what's psybreaks then?

Breaks with a bit of a psychedelic influence.

what's psybreaks then?

Breaks with a bit of a psychedelic influence.

349.gif

psychedelic breaks sounds a lot more impressive in my head than what it probably is.. I'm imagining it being like breakcore but through trippy delays instead of chopped up and through distortion

Archived