IGNORED

Worst Album You Own ... ?

Terpentintollwut

I was just browsing through my collection and stumbled upon a few albums that I usually just skip and ignore, but today I started thinking "Wow, I have owned this for YEARS and it has never unfolded anything but shittiness with each listen!" - I'm not so much talking about music that is intentionally bad or cheesy, I'm thinking of artists that have produced good stuff before and after, but released an album full of misses at some point, creating infinite disappointment.

I guessed such a thread must already exist but the search function doesn't show me any.

I imagine this could be root for interesting discussion as I am sure a lot of people will disagree with other people's worst picks.

Seriously, what's the worst release you own (digital or otherwise) ... ?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to a thrift store a few months ago and saw a wacked out LP of what looked like a compilation of Québec comedy tracks or something like that. It was a very bizarre looking, so I bought it for 50 cents or whatever. I get home and pull the record out and it was a Greatful Dead album inside. That's the worst album I've ever purchased.

lol, uh-oooh ....

The album that inspired me to create this topic was actually Pan Sonic & Alan Vega - Endless - but I wouldn't say it is THE WORST I own. It's just one that disappointed me so much when I first heard it, and I keep trying to get into it every two years or so but turn it off after 2 tracks. I really don't get what they were going for with this one.

edit: okay re-listening, and this might BE the worst I own. Even the track names are shit.

worst album I have is Belladonnakillz - As If

I've only heard one track by them on the Eyelicker compilation but it's so atrocious that I couldn't imagine a full album.

Good thing he's dead and won't make anymore records.

Born 28 July 1979, died 20 October 2010

As of last week, Donker Mag by Die Antwoord. I should've known something was fishy when they kept delaying its release. I should never have started a thread on it to begin with. With the exception of Ugly Boy, DM ended up being a major disappointment for me.

I've got a Cex cd sitting somewhere I picked up for $1 for charity. I couldn't make it more than about a minute into the first few tracks, promptly removed it and have never opened it again.

Some shitty 90s trance compilation probably. Can't be bothered to dig through my CDs. I had a CD of some 90s gregorian techno but I don't think I have that anymore.. Oh man, and the Deep Forest album. Aaarr..

*hides in shame*

probably something i got pre internet - where i can preview before i buy.

I have to say tho, sometimes when you revisit older albums you used to dislike - you'd be surprised at how your tastes have change

I've actually sold & gave away a lot of older stuff i don't listen to anymore though.

Guest Akiak

I used to be real into Trentemoller, but that second album ("into the great wide yonder") was so full of shit. Worst album i bought.

LAKS (with the Korn K). 6 tracks from a local top-40-world-star wannabe. I only listened to one of the tracks, and that was a couple years ago, but it's safe to assume it's the worst recording I own, physically

Archived