Sign in to follow this  
Terpentintollwut

Worst Album You Own ... ?

Mission Impossible II Soundtrack

I think I technically own a Creed album from high school; it's probably sitting in my mom's basement somewhere. I bought a lot of shit music before college. Who didn't?

not me. i bought midnite vultures

yeah I honestly don't know how you could rate midnite vultures as bad. sort of goes back to the whole die antwoord thing, of how music can be a bit of a pisstake but still be serious and totally awesome. serious music without being totally serious.

stereopathic soulmanure or some of the earlier beck records I would probably consider as being bad, but even then they have great moments and a shit ton of humour/charm.

I really like Soulmanure, but Midnite Vultures is terrible and has very little redeeming value, in my opinion. Aside from maybe 3 songs, the whole album was bad. Beck sings in an annoying voice and the music just sounds goofy. I was completely disappointed by it considering that I've been a major Beck fan since I was a kid. Sea Change was a big disappointment to me as well, but it has aged into something I can tolerate, and his new Morning Phase leaves me cold, too. Still, I consider MV to be an aberration and seriously hope he never goes back to that sound.

....That said, MV is nowhere near being the worst album I own, not by a long shot.

Man, Midnite Vultures and Mutations - perfect duo. I found odelay boring. None of the energy and good melodies of the aformentioned.

Man, Midnite Vultures and Mutations - perfect duo. I found odelay boring. None of the energy and good melodies of the aformentioned.

I agree. I never understood the universal appeal of Odelay when I felt it was a weaker album. It's not bad by any means though.

Maybe I should revisit Midnite Vultures then? Heheh Just to see how my perspective has changed.

I remember buying Metallica's Load lol. I was always even a bit iffy on the Black album (God That Failed exempt) even though now I see why they made it. I remember just opening the cd case and looking at the booklet and thinking 'what the fuck is this???'

I made it half way through Load before just burying it in my drawer and forgetting about it. It took me over a decade before finding out even Load had a decent track on it (Outlaw Torn).

Man I can't believe how shit Metallica became. Kill em' All, Ride The Lightning and MOP still gets spinned a lot in my house.

Edited by beerwolf

oh god Midnite Vultures can burn in hell

Odelay all day everyday and twice on sundays

Well it's just you and me Limpy. Though I bet Ivan also agrees. Three is the Magic Number.

Beck is a talented dude

but I don't want to hear him doin goofy Flight of the Concords-esque R&B

Midnight Vultures > New Releases section/IDM/everyone

Edited by Candiru

cylob - mood bells

Yeah, this would prob be it for me too.

Dunno if I've listened to midnight vultures in it's entirety since I was 11 - 12 years old, loved the disco vibes back then for sure.

If we're going by albums pirated, I just heard Rush - Presto, which was impressively terrible. Ditto for the followup album. Roll The Bones is a bit more palatable, but still pretty bad.

Midnight Vultures is a fantastic album. Anyone who says otherwise just hates fun.

Maybe I should revisit Midnite Vultures then? Heheh Just to see how my perspective has changed.

I remember buying Metallica's Load lol. I was always even a bit iffy on the Black album (God That Failed exempt) even though now I see why they made it. I remember just opening the cd case and looking at the booklet and thinking 'what the fuck is this???'

I made it half way through Load before just burying it in my drawer and forgetting about it. It took me over a decade before finding out even Load had a decent track on it (Outlaw Torn).

Man I can't believe how shit Metallica became. Kill em' All, Ride The Lightning and MOP still gets spinned a lot in my house.

Haha, I revisit the 90s Metallica albums every now and then; they're not the best but I like them if I forget about them being a thrash band. I'm glad they're making thrash again though. Death Magnetic (and the companion EP) was pretty good imo.

Not terrible, just really really bland and obvious for the era ....

R-306689-1217631210.jpeg

R-306689-1364323899-7235.jpeg

floored-4f5a3ce0eccf2.jpg

I know half of you just vom'd and the other half seized up.

I own this gem. it wasn't as bad as I'd hoped to be honest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgK4mcYk3y8

Oh WAIT! This is definitively the worst album I own... damn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2M9O8M4Npw&list=PLF9EB036387D5F90A

-prob doesn't beat Sugar Ray tho. Doesn't get much worse than that.

just to put the beck thing to rest: nothing wrong with disliking midnight vultures, I think people are reacting more to it being the worst album you own.

anyway yeah beck's great. dude has a ton of fun, catchy songs that are heavily experimental in nature. it's cool to see most people here can agree on that, at least.

wow that sugar ray cover is no limit records bad...

Edited by Mesh Gear Fox

wow that sugar ray cover is no limit records bad...

you should hear the album.

I like the token black DJ lending street credence by doing random scratches on top of shitty bland California punk-rock. don't know what possessed me to buy this.

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

oof I think punk rock is a bit of a stretch. on a side note, I once met good charlotte irl despite hating their music (though when I was 12-13 I loved em). I was probably 16 at the time and had just gotten into afx. my friend and i played foosball and drank red bulls in the private rec room while they played, then when they left we kinda left with their convoy so we were greeted by many screaming girls upon exiting the venue. obviously they were screaming for the boys in GC but it still felt friggin VIP as fuck. we met nicole richie too, she was much shorter than me and also pregnant.

anyway what's my point? if I still had a GC album it'd be my worst one, the guys were super nice considering we barely showed any interest in their music haha.

oh yeah, the rec room was visible to the crowd so pretty much everyone could see us playing. I don't think we really noticed how rude it was at the time.

Edited by Mesh Gear Fox

Either:

Alder and Elius - Parental Guidance

x5TKnHq.jpg

or

Vangelis - See You Later (very dissappointed with this one..)

1x3Ahdd.jpg

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

You know, that said I still stand by liking this album a lot, 15 years later.

1459-4f5a3ce0e3496.jpg

Yep. Skam have released some shit sadly. The hip hop shit was terrible.

Too many to mention, but my worst on Vinyl is "Burl Ives and the Korean Orphan Choir". The album cover is awesome.

burl_ives-faith_and_joy.jpg