IGNORED

CAT 023 Ebay Auction Is LIVE

Joyrex

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nouille Afaik! Yeah! ;-)

Well it bothers our dear Papa but we are very happy with initiatives! But hey, we ever want AB5 and MFM in digital and we will leave you to rest, to take a good breath ... You see, when you have dependent children, must take care of them!

I'm kidding!

;-)

Great post Ivan

I just wonder what Joyrex will pull out of his magicians hat next?

Personally, I'd vote for The Rave Colonel/AFX Rome/Squarepusher warp20/Whatever-you-want-to-call-it/12"

Yeah that fucking beast that's dwelling deep in the darkness? It needs launching!

Nah, I'm fucking done with all this - 90 days of it was grueling (but fun) - you wouldn't believe the amount of hours I spent answering emails, setting stuff up, etc.

Besides, wouldn't you rather have NEW material from Richard?

I'm sure it was a headache. No plans to make this an annual thing? Look at it this way, from this year's experience you've probably learned alot - things would be smoother next time , maybe. less potential pitfalls.

(he says he was really touched by the outpouring of fan support, and thanks everyone involved for making it happen)

:cry:

'richard is touch'

'yes'

forgive me i am belgium

'where were you when richard is touch'

Great post Ivan

I just wonder what Joyrex will pull out of his magicians hat next?

Personally, I'd vote for The Rave Colonel/AFX Rome/Squarepusher warp20/Whatever-you-want-to-call-it/12"

Yeah that fucking beast that's dwelling deep in the darkness? It needs launching!

Nah, I'm fucking done with all this - 90 days of it was grueling (but fun) - you wouldn't believe the amount of hours I spent answering emails, setting stuff up, etc.

Besides, wouldn't you rather have NEW material from Richard?

I'm sure it was a headache. No plans to make this an annual thing? Look at it this way, from this year's experience you've probably learned alot - things would be smoother next time , maybe. less potential pitfalls.

It's more of a "uniqueness" of the whole thing - if it was done over and over, while that may sound exciting, I doubt the same level of enthusiasm would be achieved.

That being said, if the opportunity arose, I would be willing to do it (looking at you, BOC).

Guest Black Calx

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but where did Hard to find records get their version from? It's currently at £113.

That would be the ultimate troll. Say you only have 4 test pressings of an ultra rare niche artists work, sell 'the only one' for tons of cash and then release the two crates of identical records for normal price/overinflated but more reasonable price.

That would be the ultimate troll. Say you only have 4 test pressings of an ultra rare niche artists work, sell 'the only one' for tons of cash and then release the two crates of identical records for normal price/overinflated but more reasonable price.

Well, it's still going to sell for whatever someone is willing to buy it for, which in this case will likely still be thousands.

Haven't HTFR been known to press their own bootlegs of rarities in the past?

If they were the original sellers there's still the question of how they got it in the first place, but if not, they could have just done a pressing of the vinyl rip.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but where did Hard to find records get their version from? It's currently at £113.

IIRC, Hard To Find Records was the guy who originally listed it on Discogs. Interesting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141331321466

AFAIK (yay, acronyms), HTFR is NOT the guy on Discogs (aka UniqueMusicReleases)... similar names, I'll give you that.

If they were the original sellers there's still the question of how they got it in the first place, but if not, they could have just done a pressing of the vinyl rip.

Any substance to that rumour? Could someone who legitimately owns the record be using HTFR as a proxy?

Guest jasondonervan

I bought my Technics from HTFR many many moons ago.

The only shady stuff I can remember was them giving absolutely pitiful money for secondhand records, then marking up with ridiculously inflated pricing. Haven't used them for anything in donkey's years.

Any substance to that rumour? Could someone who legitimately owns the record be using HTFR as a proxy?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hard+to+find+records+bootlegs

Not being facetious with that link by the way, there really are too many stories about them to choose from, their reputation is pretty terrible.

Could they really have gotten bootlegs pressed up this quickly? Not to mention they'd be in a heap of trouble if the buyer finds out it's fake after paying several thousand dollars.

ok guys, you are delusional as fuck. CW vinyl is really just a symbol for how godly RDJ has become. Is a fucking piece of black plastic with music (already in digital form, and y'all know the indistinguiable difference between analog and digital. Shit CW is probably originally in digital format so it doesn't even fucking matter does it?) on it.

So more than half goes to charity? What about the rest? Joyrex gets to sell a fucking piece of plastic for $10k? Yeah, I'd feel I'd won the lottery, if I were Joyrex. and this shit forum that got popular for fucked up reasons.

So it's really about the gesture of charity and gaining more publicity. Cheers. hope RDJ releases more shit because of his undeserved popularity.

Well, unless you had the vinyl carbon-dated to determine it's age (and that too could be faked I suppose by using 20 year old vinyl blanks), it would near impossible to verify it's authenticity.

I don't want to go around wrongly accusing someone of something they haven't done, so let's leave that conversation at that.

Sadly, it's probably one of the folks who have a copy breaking their promise, driven by greed (ironically, they probably won't end up making even half of what ours was sold for, but I guess anything's better than nothing).

Well, unless you had the vinyl carbon-dated to determine it's age (and that too could be faked I suppose by using 20 year old vinyl blanks), it would near impossible to verify it's authenticity.

I don't want to go around wrongly accusing someone of something they haven't done, so let's leave that conversation at that.

Sadly, it's probably one of the folks who have a copy breaking their promise, driven by greed (ironically, they probably won't end up making even half of what ours was sold for, but I guess anything's better than nothing).

Yeah, kinda hard to ignore the final sale price of the TP we "bought", but, I reckon it will still be an easy couple of grand to make.

PS: Nice job handling everything btw.

To be fair to them, the etchings on the pics on the eBay listing (which are clearly their own) look exactly like those on the Discogs pics. I doubt that they hired an expert forger so I'm thinking it may be an authentic copy after all.

Sorry for jumping the gun like that but their reputation precedes them.

Archived