IGNORED

CAT 023 Ebay Auction Is LIVE

Joyrex

That's pretty crazy that Notch bought the record. Wow.

Polygon is just making up stuff now, though:

You can also purchase a physical copy of "Caustic Window" online.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to further increase Notch's awesomeness, he donated half the proceeds to Doctors Without Borders and actually donated MORE (200,000 Kroner - almost 30K vs the 23K) than just half the auction amount!

And to further increase Notch's awesomeness, he donated half the proceeds to Doctors Without Borders and actually donated MORE (200,000 Kroner - almost 30K vs the 23K) than just half the auction amount!

hell yeah men, even though you hate on die antwoord and post pictures of signs that say "ass" or "fart" in the funny pictures,

you are the coolest G on the planet right now for me, you made it possible that aphlex and doctors without borders get a shitload of money + you made everyone happy with this awesome unreleased afx!

thank you!!

hell yeah men, even though you hate on die antwoord and post pictures of signs that say "ass" or "fart" in the funny pictures,

you are the coolest G on the planet right now for me, you made it possible that aphlex and doctors without borders get a shitload of money + you made everyone happy with this awesome unreleased afx!

thank you!!

I found Joyboss's photo!! I don't know if anyone has ever seen him before in real life. Plz can you confirm this is you Mr James?

pToVRAx.jpg

thank you!!

I found Joyboss's photo!! I don't know if anyone has ever seen him before in real life. Plz can you confirm this is you Mr James?

pToVRAx.jpg

My beard and hair haven't grown out that much, LOL

Great post Ivan

I just wonder what Joyrex will pull out of his magicians hat next?

Personally, I'd vote for The Rave Colonel/AFX Rome/Squarepusher warp20/Whatever-you-want-to-call-it/12"

Yeah that fucking beast that's dwelling deep in the darkness? It needs launching!

Guest jasondonervan

Nice update from Joyboss:

"As some of you may know, the Ebay auction of the actual Caustic Window LP ended recently, with the high bidder being none other than Markus "Notch" Persson, aka the creator of the addictive video game, Minecraft!

Markus has been a lifelong fan of Richard James' music, so just like the rest of us, wanted such a rare record for his collection. The bidding was fierce, but Markus prevailed, and at the end of it all paid 46,300.00 USD for the record.

We asked Markus to please make a donation to the charity chosen by the WATMM community, Doctors Without Borders of half the auction amount, and Markus actually donated MORE than half the amount - almost 30,000.00 USD! What an amazing and generous person!

I can't tell you all how pleased I am how everything turned out - the fans got to hear a superb release that really should have come out back in 1996 as planned, the fans showed Richard how much they enjoy and want his music (he says he was really touched by the outpouring of fan support, and thanks everyone involved for making it happen), and we raised a good amount of money for a great charity (not to mention possibly setting a few Guinness records for one of the most expensive records ever sold).

Huge thanks to everyone who helped make this happen - you all are wonderful people and I am grateful to have been able to be a part of such an amazing experience."

:beer:

Great post Ivan

Personally, I'd vote for The Rave Colonel/AFX Rome/Squarepusher warp20/Whatever-you-want-to-call-it/12"

Yeah that fucking beast that's dwelling deep in the darkness? It needs launching!

Nah, I'm fucking done with all this - 90 days of it was grueling (but fun) - you wouldn't believe the amount of hours I spent answering emails, setting stuff up, etc.

Besides, wouldn't you rather have NEW material from Richard?

Great post Ivan

Nah, I'm fucking done with all this - 90 days of it was grueling (but fun) - you wouldn't believe the amount of hours I spent answering emails, setting stuff up, etc.

Besides, wouldn't you rather have NEW material from Richard?

I can imagine how grueling that was. i got tired just watching all the action from afar! Thanks again to all involved!

new material would be amazing....:)

Archived