IGNORED

CAT 087 - Melodies From Mars Unplayed Vinyl Test Pressing On Ebay!

Joyrex

I don't think even Replhex anticipated the reaction surrounding CWLP, but in all honesty I would much prefer to have some good official MFM & AB5 over the CWLP. Even though there are some decent rips out there already.

That was the main reason cited against doing Kickstarters for ABB5/MFM.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think even Replhex anticipated the reaction surrounding CWLP, but in all honesty I would much prefer to have some good official MFM & AB5 over the CWLP. Even though there are some decent rips out there already.

That was the main reason cited against doing Kickstarters for ABB5/MFM.

Because there are good rips out there?

I would still pay for an official release. Like if those both came out as CDs or digis right now I think there's enough of a hardcore fan base for him that he'd make decent money off it. =)

Joyrex pliss do another kickstarter!!

Gimme some friggin melodies from mars

Sadly, my proposal was turned down. Better than nothing, eh?
Damn it. Why would they turn down another kickstarter?

Steve Jobs

the late great

also

didnt he state in an interview that he completely redid MFM? what is on this vinyl? the tracks that have already leaked or the redo?

now:

ae soundboards

boc back catalog

go! :lol:

AE soundboards all the way, Quaristice or Oversteps tours. We could start with a poll to try and convince Sean and Rob of how successful it could be. I could easily see it reaching $50k or more (per soundboard) $15/16 a pop, pretty much the same template as Caustic Window kickstarter

Guest jasondonervan

so correct me if i'm wrong but this more or less confirms that Grant or someone at Rephlex official was the original 'uniquemusicreleases' seller on discogs or no?

51FGZY6WRPL.jpg

now:

ae soundboards

boc back catalog

AE soundboards all the way, Quaristice or Oversteps tours. We could start with a poll to try and convince Sean and Rob of how successful it could be. I could easily see it reaching $50k or more (per soundboard) $15/16 a pop, pretty much the same template as Caustic Window kickstarter
If we manage to pull another kickstarter off, we will have started a whole new scope for music distribution!

These are exciting times!

Seriously after how well the last one went and the way we supported Aphex and Rephlex they are going back to a method of distribution that only guarantees that it will be massively pirated and no one who wants to legitimately purchase will be able to ? What the hell is going on here ? Joyrex please help us understand.......

+1 for this, I'd like to buy a copy for somewhere in between illegal and the 666K the vinyl will cost via eBay please somebody! Rich n Grant n co! The love has got to be too damn strong!

now:

ae soundboards

boc back catalog

Not to derail thread, but as much as I love this idea and would KILL for soundboards, Ae have stated that Warp own all the sounds they make. So this probably couldn't happen without the labels blessing (which I don't see happening)

acid is a helluva drug

I hear you guys...

All the reasons we Kickstartered the Caustic Window LP are valid for this release also. Surely after the resounding success of the last Kickstarter you/we must have some influence to prevent AB5 and MFM for only existing in illegal download and crappy streaming form. No one wins from just auctioning this off to just one person. The true losers will be the loyal Aphex fans who just proved that they were willing in larger than expected numbers to shell out $16 for a twenty-year old unreleased record. Is there anything that can be done Joyrex ? The many hints regarding other possible Kickstarters for unreleased gems gave us hope, this seems almost like a cruel joke after everything that just happened.

Archived